PDA

View Full Version : Beware getting Sky Sports 1 and 2 with BT

khenryashley
1st August, 2010, 09:44 AM
For all you Sports fans who are thinking of getting Sky sports 1 and 2 with BT please be aware that Sky are being a bit crafty with a few programmes.

Soccer Saturday with Jeff Stelling used to be broadcast on SKY Sports 1 simultaneously with Sky sports news. I think this is the best football information programme on a Saturday. This programme will now be only shown on Sky sports news.
Also for any golf fans out there the golf is now always on Sky sports 3.

PS: Sky sports news is being pulled from freeview in August

liamthetim
2nd August, 2010, 02:51 AM
and scottish football is only getting shown on ss4 by the looks of it :(

rigga
2nd August, 2010, 11:16 AM
cheaper just to get the full sports package with virmin 20.50 a month for all 5 sky sports channels

khenryashley
6th August, 2010, 09:33 PM
Oh dear
You poor BT vision customers who have subscribed to Sky sports 1 and 2 and are footy fans.
1. Championship game tonight on Sky sports 3
2. Carling cup this week on Sky sports 3

Do you think Sky might be extracting the urine ?

rigga
6th August, 2010, 11:55 PM
lol couldnt agree more there m8 with sky putting everything on ss3 and ss4 u wont see much on ss1 or ss2 this season even the silly wrestling has changed to ss3 and 4 lol

ace_raf
7th August, 2010, 11:25 AM
I know someone who works for BT who told me something quite interesting.

Apparently Sky and BT made an agreement over the price of the channels(sky sports)....BT duly began offering the channels to their customers at the same price they agreed with Sky (this was just to get into the Sports market). Sky then increased the price (something to do with HD streams)....so BT are actually losing money on the Sky Sports packages for each customer.

This won't deter them, as they'll know inorder to break into markets like this you sometimes have to make a loss, however they had thought they would just be breaking even, and didn't predict they'd end up losing money to each customer requesting the packages.

Not sure if the price he quoted to me was just to existing customers, or whether new customers also had the same price, but i thought that was quite cheeky of Sky.