PDA

View Full Version : is dreambox for me ??

ITS A SCAM !
30th November, 2008, 05:40 PM
If i get a dreambox, can it be used to get sky tv without needing a card ?? Also what size dish is best used ?

westkill
30th November, 2008, 07:47 PM
no m8 sat is not the same as cable :(
unless you have a motorised setup :)

ITS A SCAM !
30th November, 2008, 08:18 PM
oh yes, i intend to get a motorised dish...anyone know a good guide anywhere ??? There are a few videos on you tube, but only the basics :(

Curious123
30th November, 2008, 08:56 PM
If you want Sky than forget about sat and get a subscription or get yourself cable.

ITS A SCAM !
30th November, 2008, 11:21 PM
If you want Sky than forget about sat and get a subscription or get yourself cable.

oh, is it not possible to have a satellite receiver that can be "flashed" with my laptop so it will recieve sky tv for nothing ? Even when i go abroad with it ?? I have been doing some research on card sharing, but i think thats something i may dabble with when i understand things a bit more...sorry for sounding a bit thick :unionflag:

Curious123
30th November, 2008, 11:43 PM
If you are expecting cardsahring to provide the same as what you get from subcription than I think you will be disappointed. Cardsharing requires maintenance and finding people with the right cards that maybe useful to you and them being willing to share with you, point I am trying to make to you is that if you are getting sat purely for sky and hoping to get it all with cardsharing then you may be disappointed.

ITS A SCAM !
30th November, 2008, 11:51 PM
Thank you for your honest opinion...I think that what i really need to do is to find someone locally who can show me their set up, along with all the channels available etc..once again thank you very much indeed

Curious123
30th November, 2008, 11:57 PM
If you ave been brainwashed by Murdoch and are desperate for S*y on the cheap than get cable otherwise sat will give you a 100 times more in terms of footie, films and pron. Basically forget S*y and you will be fine.