PDA

View Full Version : signum cdti 150 juddering problem please help

evelyn2008
1st August, 2010, 05:06 PM
hi i have a 57 plate signum cdti 150 and have a problem with the car juddering when under load or for instance at 25 mph in 4th i put my foot down and the whole car judders really badly . i have just replaced the whole clutch and dual mass flywheel which has just cost me 650 pound because i thought it was that (how wrong was i). i had the car remaped about two month ago so i rung him and explained to him if it could be down to this and he denied it could be .
but that what it feels like it feels like when i put my foot down the car car'nt cope with the amount of tourqe so it makes the car judder. is there any body that knows what they are talking about when it comes down to remaps that could help me or am i barking up another wrong tree or has anybody had this problem before that can help. tar:banghead:

z786
1st August, 2010, 05:19 PM
get injectors tested, and have fuel pressure checked

smirnoff_rules
1st August, 2010, 05:28 PM
does your traction control light flash when u boot it ?

evelyn2008
1st August, 2010, 05:30 PM
thanks for the reply i will test them tomorrow at work but i don't know why it could be the injectors that makes the car shudder like hell ?

evelyn2008
1st August, 2010, 05:32 PM
it dos'nt have traction control ?
thanks

smirnoff_rules
1st August, 2010, 05:39 PM
sounds like a map problem to me .. did it do this as soon as it was mapped ? the red box on my old 150 was ace , have read about bad remaps going this tho

on another side this guy had his map removed and the judder went ?

OMG - my worst fears are confirmed. I'm down from 180 to 120 bhp. I'm sure it ain't a 150 map now.

Was easily burned off my a 150 cdti Vectra and a a focus 2.0 petrol today. I was driving foot flat tothe floor just to keep up with anything half decent. No sport button either.

It feels SO SO slow now that the remap has gone. In fairness it is smoother and quieter, but still..........

Anyway, the vibration/shudder has completely gone so it was being caused by the Upsolute map.

I have ordered a new green box just get me back on track and until I can justify changing my Elite for and SRi!

Meat-Head
1st August, 2010, 11:33 PM
sorry late at night, suggest a 'back flow test' off the injector leak off pipes as there is a rumor going around that says the injectors 'bottom out' and dump LOADS of fuel in.

evelyn2008
2nd August, 2010, 06:54 PM
hi thanks for the reply i have deisel speicalist near work if i call up tomorrow and say i need a 'back flow test' they will know what i mean? also i have been talking to another remap technician today and he said the same i could be an over load on the deisel pump or the injectors and might need a new one of them but told me to go back to were i got it remaped and flash the ecu back to standard to see if it makes any differance.
but i think the damage has already been done but realy need to find out what it is before it cost me any more money ?

smirnoff_rules
2nd August, 2010, 07:01 PM
moved to chip tuning .. more lads here who chip will know more

Meat-Head
2nd August, 2010, 07:01 PM
hi thanks for the reply i have deisel speicalist near work if i call up tomorrow and say i need a 'back flow test' they will know what i mean??

Different people have different names for things.

'leak off test' 'spill test' basically you get 4 'panda pops' bottles and
dump the leak off pipes into them, run the engine and after a few mins should be the same level

evelyn2008
2nd August, 2010, 07:06 PM
thanks willing to give owt a go to try will let you know i get on

donovan2123
2nd August, 2010, 08:42 PM
If it happens in low revs so say 5th gear below 2500rpm and it stops then this is the remap and is mostly likely down to the torque.

teerak2uk
3rd August, 2010, 10:49 PM
no being a mapping expert but have heard they go bad sometimes as for me i have always used the cheaper plug in upgrades then any probs just unplug it as for other possibilities they do have issues on the 3rd injector wiring at the plug there is an upgrade wiring/plug been through all this when i hade a 150 vectra c

evelyn2008
4th August, 2010, 08:09 PM
hi all injectors fine cost 40 quid to find out . Now i am going to go back to see the man that did the remap on friday at 3 . he is going to show me what exactlly he has done . just wondering if anybody has any pictures of software that i can look to see what he will show me on his computer to see if he has over done the torque if that makes sence ?

madalex
4th August, 2010, 09:42 PM
sorry for my bad English but your prob sounds a lot like - Drallklappen - in german sorry i dont know the Word in english .is it a facelift ?

smirnoff_rules
4th August, 2010, 09:59 PM
hi all injectors fine cost 40 quid to find out . Now i am going to go back to see the man that did the remap on friday at 3 . he is going to show me what exactlly he has done . just wondering if anybody has any pictures of software that i can look to see what he will show me on his computer to see if he has over done the torque if that makes sence ?

just get him to put the standard map back on and test the car m8 ,, u will know for sure then

TribesMac
5th August, 2010, 11:49 AM
sorry for my bad English but your prob sounds a lot like - Drallklappen - in german sorry i dont know the Word in english .is it a facelift ?

I think they are called intake manifold swirl valves.

teerak2uk
6th August, 2010, 11:07 AM
I think they are called intake manifold swirl valves.
if there is a problem with the swirl valves you will notice the rail would have fallen off (very common mine did)

http://www.ms-motor-service.com/ximages/pg_si_0093_en_web.pdf

rsibiza
8th August, 2010, 05:35 PM
It may possible,that the torque limiter was raised so much that it cannot any longer be called limiter,coz it limites nothing...

Had this on a alfa,remapped from some EBAY TUNER....and did just same,put back ori file and car was fine,after checking,did a remap,as it should be,and all worked fine,no more juddering.

But i did never say that it has to been this fault. I dont wanna hurt the tuner or the customer,just an idea:idea:

aidyk
10th August, 2010, 10:37 AM
hi
ive map several of these 1.9 fiat units 120hp and 150hp in vauxhall, saab and alfa vehicles and always same problem if torque isnt limited to after 2000 RPM so i would definately say you have a software issue.
its a pity you cant read from diagnostic socket the map thats in there now, that way we could have a look for you..

del635
15th August, 2010, 07:48 PM
I'm 90% sure your car is driving 'on the smokemap' rather than the torque limiter or the duration maps have been tampered and the car is dumping in fuel to early. The torque limiter is there for a reason but most think its all good to remove it, vauxcom logs would be handy rather than reading the map out, a good pull from low rpm in third gear. Also check the plugs going into the injectors and see if one is burnt looking compared to the rest.

zogldi
15th August, 2010, 07:58 PM
You must change map in ECU, I have that problem on ALFA 147 m-jet when I put another flash file inside ECU all is been OK.

Astra H
22nd November, 2010, 06:01 PM
Did you ever fix the problem with the judder?

ominimicu
22nd November, 2010, 09:29 PM
sounds like a Vacuum leak. check all hoses for cracks rotten, turbo pipes etc.

usually these car suffer from Damages to EDU..it s the ECU that controls the diesel pump