PDA

View Full Version : TGC 210 Problem

Millzzy
1st August, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hi guys , havent done any posting in a while due to being away , i have a tgc 210 here with the 4 lines on display , i know this can be fixed with a reflash of the noboot image , does anybody have as cant find it on my hd , any help appreciated:smokin:

Canker_Canison
1st August, 2010, 09:02 PM
Check post 6 here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f139/well-we-got-new-itgaate-home-albeit-temporary-126453/). Not sure if it's for the right version, but it's a start

freck
2nd August, 2010, 10:21 PM
That will work on both 220 and 210,got me out of a hole a few times.......serial flash only.
Freck

Millzzy
3rd August, 2010, 01:05 PM
Hi Freck , this box is doin a few strange things , turn it on at the back and i get the 4 lines at top of display , turn it off and back on and i get 4 or 5 letter j , turn it off and back on and get all zeros , the box doesnt seem to want to connect via serial just seems to hang and do nothing , any ideas mate

mept1
3rd August, 2010, 04:08 PM
What happens when the box is off,.. and you press and hold the ch+ button in,.. on the box,..(not remote) and power on?

freck
3rd August, 2010, 08:09 PM
That was my next question mept lol....,do as mept says Millsy and the box should boot and give you the option to serial flash(move up and down screen using the receiver buttons on the front and not remote).once its in serial mode your good to flash.
Flash twice,first with noboot then with u boot,or visa versa,been a while since ive done it.Once your running again you can flash on V8.I've just uploaded it on another thread here.
Freck

Millzzy
4th August, 2010, 03:06 PM
Hi both , have tried the way explained by mept and nothing seems to happen , now u guys have confirmed its the ch+ i will try again , got a bad feeling i was doing it with the vol+ lol , will let u know how it goes , thanks for your help

Millzzy
17th August, 2010, 08:23 PM
sorry its took so long guys , managed to get into the menu and do a factory reset , all seemed fine for a day. turned it off at the back switch and moved to another room in the house and exactly the same thing. I will try the serial flash if i can get back into the menu , but have you guys ever heard of the switch playing up or power supply playing up on these boxes , cheers guys

andiewill
18th August, 2010, 11:57 AM
sorry its took so long guys , managed to get into the menu and do a factory reset , all seemed fine for a day. turned it off at the back switch and moved to another room in the house and exactly the same thing. I will try the serial flash if i can get back into the menu , but have you guys ever heard of the switch playing up or power supply playing up on these boxes , cheers guys

That is a first for me Hmmm.

freck
18th August, 2010, 10:09 PM
Never had any probs with the itgate but if your curious just open the case and check that all connections on the psu are solid and also dry joints on the pcb.....unplug it first of course or youll have 4 ---- on your gravestone.
Keep us posted.
Freck

Millzzy
24th August, 2010, 11:02 PM
ok took it apart and went for power board , checked all joints and found one which looked a bit odd so resoldered , unfortunately just the same problem next to bypass switch and see what happens !

szero00
25th August, 2010, 06:20 PM
Hi,

I have a similar problem with mine. I will be closely following this.

Thanks in advance