PDA

View Full Version : PSP not powering up and no indicator light coming up

Wale04
2nd August, 2010, 01:09 PM
Hi,

My son PSP is not powering up and there is indication light coming up when pluged to the power. The machine is just like dead; any help out there?

thanks

:celticparty:

janobi
2nd August, 2010, 02:40 PM
Hi,

My son PSP is not powering up and there is indication light coming up when pluged to the power. The machine is just like dead; any help out there?

thanks

Does it power up with the battery out? Do you get any lights at all? Has he tried to update the fw or something? When was it last working?

Wale04
2nd August, 2010, 03:32 PM
The battery does not power up the machine and when pluged to electricity the result is same, i have not updated the firmware. my thinking is either the battery is gone or the charger is not charging.......

janobi
2nd August, 2010, 04:33 PM
The battery does not power up the machine and when pluged to electricity the result is same, i have not updated the firmware. my thinking is either the battery is gone or the charger is not charging.......

If it dont work with the power lead plugged in, then I doubt the battery is the problem. Do you know anyone else with a battery or power lead you can try?

Wale04
2nd August, 2010, 06:03 PM
Thx m8, will try that.

gazzr72
17th August, 2010, 10:29 AM
it sounds like your power connector/on -off switch board is faulty,these things are always going down.easily accessible from the internet and easy to change .

kourkoutas
21st August, 2010, 08:57 PM
i think there's a problem with your on/off/hold switch. try replacing that and it should fix the problem