PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Kinect Dashboard has a new Banning tool

alunfennell
3rd August, 2010, 04:41 PM
The new Xbox 360 dashboard to incorporate functions for the upcoming Kinect device will launch this November, but a hacking team who have gained access to the new dashboard beta has run some tests and made a very welcoming discovery.

Within the new update it has been revealed that firmware information for the consoles disc drive and its connection to Xbox Live can be monitored. This would send information to Microsoft and allow for greater monitoring of modded drives that play pirated games, alterations of drive firmware would then result in an instant console ban.

Further details will be revealed closer to the new dashboard launch.

Source-Xboxic

middots3
3rd August, 2010, 07:34 PM
Not very good for modding teams then.

cgscott
3rd August, 2010, 07:58 PM
Not sure about that. They got hold of the dash. Time to work out a way around it.

cunny
3rd August, 2010, 07:59 PM
I'd just wait and see how things develop for now.

alunfennell
4th August, 2010, 01:19 AM
Yeah but to be honest every firmware released has ended up been detected, and everyone who Mods there xbox360 from the beginning has generally had to buy a new 360 every year after the November Ban wave.

Come November another few Million 360 owners with LT will find themselves banned, its just the way it is and has always been .....

Every Ixtream Firmware since 2006 has been Detected resulting in Banned consoles its foolish to think LT will be any different, they most likely have LT users details from the April Update anyway....

janobi
4th August, 2010, 09:27 AM
Is this any different from the logic-sunrise post of about 2 months ago?

C4 has stated that this check has been there all along, and it took them over 4 years to detect the original ixtreme, I doubt they have discovered how to detect LT within months. Majority of bans will be people already flagged.

I have upgraded from 1.61 to LT so will let you know if I get banned in Novemember. People will blame LT whatever happens, only way to tell will be a virgin box flashed straight to LT, if that survives then good chance they cannot detect the fw.

cunny
4th August, 2010, 08:57 PM

C4 has stated that this check has been there all along, and it took them over 4 years to detect the original ixtreme, I doubt they have discovered how to detect LT within months. Majority of bans will be people already flagged.

I have upgraded from 1.61 to LT so will let you know if I get banned in Novemember. People will blame LT whatever happens, only way to tell will be a virgin box flashed straight to LT, if that survives then good chance they cannot detect the fw.

This is basically same info (follow the links) that i posted i while back here
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f14/pre-warning-lt-147004/

adewii
4th August, 2010, 09:37 PM

Well I'll let you know. Mine was bought in Feb, had LT 1.0 put on it, put back to stock for the update around march/april time and then updated it to 1.1

I will return to stock also for this update, I'll obviously let you know how I get on.

janobi
4th August, 2010, 10:50 PM
Yup, same crap from logic-sunrise.

@adewii, returning to stock for updates aint going to save you getting banned, as the console stores all the info on the nand chip about whats been in the drive and played.

HoTTDubbER
4th August, 2010, 11:24 PM
personally im not too fussed about banwaves im happy buying a new xbox each year than paying 40? per game a preowned xbox from gamestation only costs 80? and i burn alot more than 2 games lol

middots3
5th August, 2010, 01:24 AM
I'm picking up an xbox from CEX tomorrow for ?60, might flash that. Think it's worth flashing?

HoTTDubbER
5th August, 2010, 01:32 AM
I'm picking up an xbox from CEX tomorrow for ?60, might flash that. Think it's worth flashing?

i flash all my boxs if they get banned they get banned no big deal

cunny
5th August, 2010, 06:51 AM
HMV have brand new arcades for ?70 if anyone interested lol

Also just seen that blockbuster have pre owned 1s for ?50