PDA

View Full Version : corsa fuel line fell off

yamar1
3rd August, 2010, 07:47 PM
Hi all,, i had a problem on a corsa c today a non starter. checked for fuel and there was no fuel getting through. the problem was when i took the sender head off the tank from under the back seat the fuel line had came off the top of the fuel pump inside the tank. i loosened the clip pushed it back on and now the car runs fine.

any reason why this would happen?

smirnoff_rules
3rd August, 2010, 07:51 PM
bit like the rover 75's then m8 .. the pump housing falls in half . lucky its only a 50p clip to fix

sometimes things fall off m8

nicamarcos
3rd August, 2010, 07:51 PM
Maybe had poor contact fuel sender/fuel pump connector and when you pushed there on the line output pipes, poor contact was and fuel pump alive again. I haven`t other reason.

yamar1
3rd August, 2010, 08:02 PM
Maybe had poor contact fuel sender/fuel pump connector and when you pushed there on the line output pipes, poor contact was and fuel pump alive again. I haven`t other reason.

the fuel LINE had came off not the wiring m8.

cactikid
3rd August, 2010, 08:28 PM
nice anti theft device lol,were ya doing a spot of rally driving or hit a mad bump,or pipe was never fully engaged.

nicamarcos
3rd August, 2010, 08:38 PM
the fuel LINE had came off not the wiring m8.
And what do you think?, any special device into fuel line? :)

yamar1
3rd August, 2010, 08:49 PM
nice anti theft device lol,were ya doing a spot of rally driving or hit a mad bump,or pipe was never fully engaged.

our lasses car mate so probley!

yamar1
3rd August, 2010, 08:50 PM
And what do you think?, any special device into fuel line? :)

you've lost me mate?

cactikid
3rd August, 2010, 09:16 PM
plastic pipes and spring loaded legs on clips

yamar1
3rd August, 2010, 09:53 PM
plastic pipes and spring loaded legs on clips

yeah thats the fuel filter type pipes/clips, the one im on about is a crimp type clip inside the fuel tank clipping a rubber pipe onto the fuel pump.

Meat-Head
3rd August, 2010, 11:12 PM
unless there was some kind of 'blockage' and it's just blown off.

What year car/miles?

just buy enough cheep tools to keep in car for a few weeks in case it goes again.

Liteace
4th August, 2010, 12:29 AM
I had it a couple of times where someone has changed just the pump in the unit, the plastic pipe is heat shrunk on inside the unit both ends and then the crimp clip put on, you can open the clip and pull the pipe off but it not a tight fit when you put it back on