PDA

View Full Version : Scanning problem

crayg30
3rd August, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hi Peeps,
Here's my problem (sort of) I got a starview 4 super usb,
and lately i've been losing some channels( I know about the nag3 thing) so when i do a full scan i'll end up with about 5 movie channels 4 if you don't count premiere+1 and various others missing but my mother in law who lives a couple of minutes away who's using a digivox has a complete set to choose from.
So i decided to take my box round and do a scan and it found all channels so i know its not my box playing up but when i get back home with my box that was scanned at the in-laws all channels work.
so my problem is why does'nt my super usb scan at my home address for me to receive all channels i know the signal is there.
thank you

craig

p.s we are both on the b45 area of birmingham

lickerdyslick
3rd August, 2010, 09:39 PM
have you tried putting the box direct to the wall i.e no splitters ?

crayg30
3rd August, 2010, 09:47 PM
The only splitter on is the one that sends one cable to the box and the other to the broadband connection.

boomer39
3rd August, 2010, 10:12 PM
The only splitter on is the one that sends one cable to the box and the other to the broadband connection.
try other providers...........

crayg30
4th August, 2010, 11:06 AM
yes tried other providers but no luck, but as of yet all movies still showing after the scan at the In-laws.

just can't understand the movies are there and i can watch them but if i do a scan it only finds a select few.

oh well it ain't broke so i shall not attempt to fix it (at the mo)

thanx