dank76
30th November, 2008, 07:47 PM
what you yours thoughts lads

cbatts
30th November, 2008, 07:48 PM
What a muppet!

Jack.lfc
30th November, 2008, 08:59 PM
He had a better goalscoring opportunity if he had actually headed the ball, therefore I have to believe that he heard a whistle. But still deliberate handball = yellow.

doobiest
30th November, 2008, 09:04 PM
shoot the winking twinkle toed tosser!

those are my thoughts:bird:

arsenal1
30th November, 2008, 09:04 PM
ROBIN VAN PERSIE!!!!

Jaffa
30th November, 2008, 09:08 PM
Pundits say you dont always get a yellow for handball but that was stupid, maybe he did hear something in his head but he had to go imho.

John Barleycorn
1st December, 2008, 08:58 AM
Ever since the Real Madrid transfer saga his body language has told the truth, he doesn't want to be at Utd. He just isn't trying as hard and his goal celebrations are fairly muted, he will be gone when his contract is up.

thered
1st December, 2008, 09:39 AM
i think he must have heard somrthing to handball it like that its not as if he tried to hit it towards goal.i remember paulo di canio catching the ball once i dont think he got carded

but he had to go no excuses for him first rule of football for me is you play till your sure he should of tried to header it goalwards then seen what happened with the ref

like offsides you would still stick it in if you knew you were offside just incase

aftermath
1st December, 2008, 09:57 AM
Ronaldo is superb in the air, so he dont need to put both hands onto the ball, something tells me , he did hear a whistle from someone and thought it was a free kick or something.

BUT professional footballers should know the score, .

On last years performances he was deffo the worlds number 1, this season i wish we took 75mil for him.

thered
1st December, 2008, 10:09 AM
yep he was never going to repeat it was he 42 goals but i have said before a half baked ronaldo is better than most players and who is good enough to replace him without upsetting the balance of the team

something i think berbatov's arrival has done we just dont look as fluent partly i think down to scholes and partly berbatov fitting in but i believe we will get much stronger as the team gels better as the season goes on

played better at city last season and got beat micah richards was outstanding so happy with 3 points and chelski got beat too so a good weekend

nemo
1st December, 2008, 11:54 AM
To be fair...Webb is a nob jockey of a ref & to book Ronnie for the first so called foul was a joke!
After seeing the stud marks on Vidic's stomach made early on by a kamikaze challenge by Micah Richards that nearly cut Vidic in half & Webb did nothing cos he's a bottler!
Ronnie was stupid for putting his hands up ,but i can't believe he gained an advantage outta the situation (as the rule book states) & a ticking off by Webb woulda been the right thing to do.
Ronnie is high profile & the second yellow comes with his standing in the game.
If shitty would have got a draw then i'm sure us United fans woulda gone booloo!
As for Webb he wants to get a rap off Hackett as he made some awful calls...the man's a liability!!

LraiZer
1st December, 2008, 12:51 PM
Manchester United being a one man team, will most likely lose all the games he is suspended for. Just like earlier in the season when they struggled to get results without him and had then to try to play catch up.

nemo
1st December, 2008, 04:08 PM
Manchester United being a one man team, will most likely lose all the games he is suspended for. Just like earlier in the season when they struggled to get results without him and had then to try to play catch up.

What did Ronnie actually do in the City game?
All i saw was him moan,groan and put his hands on his hips Then up to his face lol...
Were as Rooney was everywhere & his desire to win is something Ronnie just hasn't shown this season.
IMO The sooner he gets on the plane to Madrid the sooner we will become an even better team as last season it was the Ronaldo show ...this season he is going through the motions and will become a big problem for Fergie if he spits the dummy out.Team spirit will suffer.

stokie63
1st December, 2008, 08:16 PM
he deserved to get sent off wait till he comes down stoke boxing day hes going get some stick he got loads when we went old trafford.

bobbsy
1st December, 2008, 08:57 PM
deserved it...couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.....whistle in his ears... more like bells in the head!

krazylegz
1st December, 2008, 09:26 PM
deserved it my eyes too and judging by the looks of it he wasnt too bothered about missing the next 3 games...ferdinand and berbatov looked more bothered than him.

as jamie redknapp says you hear all sorts of things when out on the pitch but you know what the refs whistle sounds like so you learn to ignore the rest.

i personally think he went to gain an unfair advantage as he never just stuck his arm up he was jumping and the ball looked to be out of his reach so he tried a maradonna lol

Ballistic
1st December, 2008, 10:56 PM
I can only think he heard something/ or something happened to him like a push...notice the hand on his back here and crumplied top

http://picsrv.manutd.com/?fif=/manu/img_10_26528_4322.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=240&hei=359&rgn=0.3327731092436975,0.0125,0.40336134453781513, 0.8975&cvt=jpeg

Had to go for second bookable although the first decision was dubious as the ref was directly in line behind them and must have see the ball go off at a different angle after Ronaldo had made the tackle....but hey swings and roundabouts and you cant complain as he as had many a free kick given for him for good tackles...along with many not given when he has been hacked down.

B:manusign:

TravelHead
2nd December, 2008, 04:41 AM
What did he expect handling the ball in the box! He had to go.

opsmonkey
2nd December, 2008, 02:45 PM
as a qualified and current referee i can answer this:

firstly the tackle on Wright Philips he "tackled an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball" which he deliberately did therefore was guilty of "unsporting behaviour".. Yellow card number 1

handball in the box.. now unless i watched a different match Ronaldo "handled the ball deliberately" which is classed as "unsporting behaviour".. Yellow card number 2

By the laws of the game he had to go.. simple really

smartlinkuk
2nd December, 2008, 03:50 PM
Ronaldo is the best player in Europe, if not the world, so say the people who know, like the rest of the professional footballers who have to play against him. You will only ever get mindless, stupid comments from non reds so no surprise there. He is petulent and at times daft but he is a very special player. Like Scholes in the meaningless pre season farce, players do stupid things, so lets remember his skills and great goals and watch as Man Utd slowly creep to the 2009 title. On Liverpool, they are already showing they are inconsistent, so I see them fading away. Chelski and Man United will contest the title.
Mark:champions:

nobbystyles
2nd December, 2008, 04:46 PM

OUCH!! i can feel the bitterness mate.

nobbystyles
2nd December, 2008, 04:47 PM
deserved it my eyes too and judging by the looks of it he wasnt too bothered about missing the next 3 games...ferdinand and berbatov looked more bothered than him.

as jamie redknapp says you hear all sorts of things when out on the pitch but you know what the refs whistle sounds like so you learn to ignore the rest.

i personally think he went to gain an unfair advantage as he never just stuck his arm up he was jumping and the ball looked to be out of his reach so he tried a maradonna lol

2 yellows is a 1 game ban.

harveyd
2nd December, 2008, 06:21 PM
The sooner he goes to Real Madrid the better. (Mind you I'm a Manc Blue)

nobbystyles
2nd December, 2008, 07:55 PM
The sooner he goes to Real Madrid the better. (Mind you I'm a Manc Blue)

Not your fault mate. Don't worry.

bazzaonetwo
2nd December, 2008, 08:11 PM
to me it seems like the ball was heading for his nose my thoughts are put your hands in front of the face it was bloooooody cold that day some refs are attention seekers agree!

opsmonkey
2nd December, 2008, 10:25 PM
to me it seems like the ball was heading for his nose my thoughts are put your hands in front of the face it was bloooooody cold that day some refs are attention seekers agree!

a ha ha ha ha ha ha you should go on tour mate with your comedy thoughts..
he's a professional footballer not a school boy.. get a grip it was a deliberate handball..

andybag
2nd December, 2008, 10:31 PM
Very daft but now he'll be able to enjoy his Ballon d'Or with a week off.

jfish
2nd December, 2008, 11:08 PM
what you yours thoughts lads

Howard Webb is probably the best PL referree at the moment but on Sunday his pocket was like a toaster

The first card was harsh and the second yellow had to be give, therefore no compliants on the sending off

jfish
2nd December, 2008, 11:08 PM
a ha ha ha ha ha ha you should go on tour mate with your comedy thoughts..
he's a professional footballer not a school boy.. get a grip it was a deliberate handball..

he is banned for the Carling CUp game against Blackburn so will be back at weekend for Spurs

krazylegz
2nd December, 2008, 11:09 PM
oh well 1 game ban is good enough at least he cant contest it

cantona7
2nd December, 2008, 11:24 PM
he is banned for the Carling CUp game against Blackburn so will be back at weekend for Spurs

would that be sunderland????

pretty sure it islol

two yellows =1 red easy,why he did it ~~~~ knows

opsmonkey
2nd December, 2008, 11:33 PM
it is Sunderland.. now im not being cynical but.. would he have even played in the Carling Cup.. NO.. so where's the punishment..?

cantona7
2nd December, 2008, 11:58 PM
it is Sunderland.. now im not being cynical but.. would he have even played in the Carling Cup.. NO.. so where's the punishment..?

yea what a bummer eh lol

nobbystyles
3rd December, 2008, 01:04 AM

Tough. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Tommy1706
3rd December, 2008, 08:36 PM
Anderson needs to play every game and then the liquid football will return. Berbatov's touch is pure silk, he truely is the Prince of Bulgaria.

horus11
3rd December, 2008, 11:43 PM
The guy is not above the law! the sending of was legit. He's a bit like Drogba (a diving all over the place) all that talent and choose to tarnish their good play by cheating. Sad really

Ballistic
3rd December, 2008, 11:53 PM
as a qualified and current referee i can answer this:

firstly the tackle on Wright Philips he "tackled an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball" which he deliberately did therefore was guilty of "unsporting behaviour".. Yellow card number 1

handball in the box.. now unless i watched a different match Ronaldo "handled the ball deliberately" which is classed as "unsporting behaviour".. Yellow card number 2

By the laws of the game he had to go.. simple really

I agree with all of what your saying apart from the tackle part of Wright Philips i see he took the ball first? Questionable to whether it was from behind as he was along side him..maybe a bit behind..

Nether the less he was booked for both and had to go no doubt about it :)

B

thered
4th December, 2008, 10:53 AM
i too think he had to go once he had the first yellow i thought it was a bit harsh and in my opinion he played the ball and took the man a bit but i was always under the assumption if you play the ball its not a free kick(football is getting too soft)and i agree with the above it wasn ot directly from behind more like a bit of both i think if it was in the box he would not have give a penalty put it that way

i think his reaction after helped him get sent off too. btw has anyone else noticed he seems to have lost a bit of pace or is it just me

stevan
4th December, 2008, 11:04 AM
I can say only if Vidic was on that jump,he would send ball in goal no calculate is referee blow visle or not.

opsmonkey
4th December, 2008, 03:53 PM
I can say only if Vidic was on that jump,he would send ball in goal no calculate is referee blow visle or not.

lol yes mate Vidic would have headered it in no doubt, he wouldnt have hand balled it :goodpost:

auldyin146
4th December, 2008, 03:59 PM
Should have consulted Senor Marradonna before the game

auldyin146
4th December, 2008, 04:04 PM
Should have consulted Senor Maradonna and God before the game

DDjnr
5th December, 2008, 12:51 AM
its a clear second bookable offense , he couldnt make his mind up whether he was pushed in the back or he heard a whistle , none of which actually happened . so its a sending off in my book.

Glandman
5th December, 2008, 09:09 PM
Ronaldo has done nothing in the last three games. The title may mean more than you think as he has probably got his plan on track to go to Madrid. Hence playing rubbish and handling a ball when all pros know you play the ball first and ask questions later. Wouldnt get him doing this last season.