PDA

View Full Version : N3

Rocket2010
4th August, 2010, 10:21 PM
Has N3 been rolled out in Cork area

EAMO 2
5th August, 2010, 07:35 AM
Has N3 been rolled out in Cork area

N3 has been in use on Cho*us cable for many months now.
It has been phased in recently on Cho*us mmds [aerial]. The no.
of channels on N3 varies from area to area. Last week some chls.
reverted back to N1 & were accessible again. I assume there was
a problem with these chls. on UPC boxes. You can be sure they
will sort out the problem. Best option now seems to be sat. dish
with a dreambox or similiar using the C/s method:celticparty:

mit2007
5th August, 2010, 10:24 AM
I am in London and two days ago my igate TGM220 channels when down only a few channels are working most are down or going to be on Nargra 3 only soon.

barloworld
5th August, 2010, 07:00 PM
I keep hearing about kryptview a780 will it still work with n3 in my area.

kyleb
5th August, 2010, 07:20 PM
yes it is a slightly different method to previous boxes (now R.I.P), and is a way round n3.an internet connection is required at all times when the box is on and required to watch the channels.and these boxes really have taken off in last couple of weeks or so.and a fair price being around ?150.i would do your research and read up first and see if it meets your needs etc. always pros and cons as with every box

barloworld
5th August, 2010, 07:25 PM
yes it is a slightly different method to previous boxes (now R.I.P), and is a way round n3.an internet connection is required at all times when the box is on and required to watch the channels.and these boxes really have taken off in last couple of weeks or so.and a fair price being around ?150.i would do your research and read up first and see if it meets your needs etc. always pros and cons as with every box

Just been doing a little digging on the interweb and looks the way forward and my e#####x is in the bin.

barloworld
5th August, 2010, 07:54 PM
any body have one of these and could explain hot the connect in the home as im no expert please pm me info as i have located one but just want to make sure it will work,

huxleypig
5th August, 2010, 08:36 PM
Right, I've been thinking about this and have come up with a couple of ideas and would appreciate people's thoughts. It seems N3 is gonna be hard to crack so maybe more subtle techniques could be employed:

1) The current genuine boxes work and decrypt N3 fine (with the new card) and so would it be possible to copy one and use a real card in it, just without the talkback?

2) This one's better I think - how about device that sits inbetween the cable and the real box. Something that tells the box that its ok to go on ahead and give the user everything and sends back what the supplier is expecting to hear?

This way N3 would never even need to be broken.

Thoughts people?

maca
5th August, 2010, 08:40 PM
Right, I've been thinking about this and have come up with a couple of ideas and would appreciate people's thoughts. It seems N3 is gonna be hard to crack so maybe more subtle techniques could be employed:

1) The current genuine boxes work and decrypt N3 fine (with the new card) and so would it be possible to copy one and use a real card in it, just without the talkback?

2) This one's better I think - how about device that sits inbetween the cable and the real box. Something that tells the box that its ok to go on ahead and give the user everything and sends back what the supplier is expecting to hear?

Thoughts people?

thats n3 cracked then well done m8 .........

huxleypig
5th August, 2010, 08:47 PM
thats n3 cracked then well done m8 .........

Why thank you!:barscarf:

I know its a bit vague but I'm just exploring whether these approaches have been explored or not. I mean, are the instructions on how your box should behave encrypted with N3 or just the channels?

Ansem
5th August, 2010, 08:54 PM
I know its a bit vague but I'm just exploring whether these approaches have been explored or not. I mean, are the instructions on how your box should behave encrypted with N3 or just the channels?

very vague !!!
the commuinication between the card and box is encrypted and takes place several times every few seconds
its a non runner m8

maca
5th August, 2010, 08:54 PM
m8 dont you think all avenues have been looked at time to start paying or go down the sat route good luck which ever you choose oh by the way we have some excellent members on dk who can tell you all you need to know regarding the sat route...

badapple
5th August, 2010, 08:57 PM

Thoughts people?

Good idea m8. Great minds think alike!
I was thinking of putting this between the cable & box.
What do you think, will it work?

huxleypig
5th August, 2010, 09:10 PM
very vague !!!
the commuinication between the card and box is encrypted and takes place several times every few seconds
its a non runner m8

I meant the box behaviour instructions between the box and the provider, leaving the box and card to do what it should. I'm sure its been looked at, just an idea.

boomer39
5th August, 2010, 10:45 PM
I meant the box behaviour instructions between the box and the provider, leaving the box and card to do what it should. I'm sure its been looked at, just an idea.
get real, laddie.......................

beef.crleone
5th August, 2010, 10:52 PM
Good idea m8. Great minds think alike!
I was thinking of putting this between the cable & box.
What do you think, will it work?

lol great idea, thanx 4 the laugh m8

luda62uk
6th August, 2010, 09:32 PM
Why thank you!:barscarf:

Dont worry the makers of eurovox and starview will invent something then they can sell us all a new device,,, 6 months max,, these Taiwanese never miss a trick,, to make a quid,,

gmb45
6th August, 2010, 09:50 PM
Dont worry the makers of eurovox and starview will invent something then they can sell us all a new device,,, 6 months max,, these Taiwanese never miss a trick,, to make a quid,,
there will be no fix, device etc for beating nag3 m8 if thats what your suggesting, very soon if at all, nag 3 has been secure for a couple of years, the only way round it is c/s and that wont last long.