PDA

View Full Version : im cracking up..

vitesse349
15th April, 2008, 01:07 AM
thommo, kaos, and father ted. i want to say thanks for your help.You guys are legends, but im still no further ahead.

I am having big trouble connecting the 500c to my PC.

im using a crossover ethernet cable as i dont have a router. I have changed the ip address on the dreambox to the correct ip. 192.168.1.200
changing the IP on my PC to 192.168.1.199.
the netmask 255.255.255.0.

I go into flashfxp as instructed, press connect, and nothing. The files wont open up, it just keeps saying connection failed re-trying etc.

i have been at this since 4pm and im seriously ready to fire it through the window. I have three dreamboxes here and have tried all of them, with the same result each time. I have tried using a laptop instead of my PC, again, same thing. its def a crossover cable, i only bought it today brand new from maplins.

please, if theres anyone out there who is having the same problem, or anyone else who has succesfully connected without a router, please get back to me because im ready to snap.

cheers and thanks to the mods for all their help. i cannot understand what im doing wrong.

toto67
15th April, 2008, 01:25 AM
Its something really simple m8,as I find the more you start losing the plot with them the harder the problem becomes..Why not give it a by for the nite and tomorrow when you have had a kip,you might sort the problem out..
I had flashed a dbox today and had similar problems to what you are saying as it wouldnt connect.The only way around it for me,was to reflash the bugger.Then it let me connect to the pc and the IP was the same as before..
The way I set my IP etc out is,the dbox is set 192.168.0.024 and the IP of the pc is set to 192.168.0.3..Try a different IP m8,incase its maybe something as daft as that..You would be surprised of the things you overlook,when your pulling whats left of your hair out lol..Ask Kaos,hes as bald as a koot:rolleyes:

toto67
15th April, 2008, 01:43 AM
It might sound daft,but in the early hours you never know but are you setting the FTP program toconnect to the same IP as your dbox/dreambox
m8?Just incase you had maybe set it to the pc..You just never know,not that I have ever done that lol:)

Devilfish
15th April, 2008, 01:47 AM
Any chances to your PC ip address, remember to reboot afterwards.

On the ftp program, make sure the following...

port: 21
username: root
password: dreambox

If you have any other networking devices on your PC, disable them for now, i.e. a wireless adapter, etc. If you have more than one network card, disable it.

Disable your Antivirus and any firewalls that are running, including windows firewall. These shouldn't affect this but who knows.

vitesse349
15th April, 2008, 01:48 AM
no, its def the same IP as the dreambox. I have tried everything, the computer just wont connect to the box. thanks anyway mate.

toto67
15th April, 2008, 01:51 AM
I hope I dont sense "Defeat" in that post m8 lol...I am telling you m8,just lave it tonight and I bet tomorrow brings a new 3 up n running dreamboxes:)
I dont mean Santa will have crept in during the night but you will get it..
Where about are you anyway? If you are near me I will sort them out for you,if your really stuck ;-)

vitesse349
15th April, 2008, 11:02 AM
managed to sort it..think it was an internet firewall thing, im calm..breathing normally again, and just want to thank everyone on here who helped me, thommo, kaos, father ted, t67, but to name a few. Your help is much appreciated. what whould people like me do without this forum? thanks a million.

C64
15th April, 2008, 11:14 AM
Well done mate :)

Now do it all over again from scratch, it's good practice:)

thommo
15th April, 2008, 03:51 PM
good stuff, i only wish there was more like you who stuck at it and want to learn even if it cracks your head in for a while, your the type of member i like not just wanting it handed on a plate.

toto67
15th April, 2008, 04:05 PM
Buhaaaaa.a just sent you a reply to your PM there m8...Glad you got it and see what perseverance does..~~~~ a was working last night and havent ~~~~in slept since....Arghhhhhhhh,now thats a pain in the arse:(

cockney
15th April, 2008, 04:06 PM
thommo, kaos, and father ted. i want to say thanks for your help.You guys are legends, but im still no further ahead.

I am having big trouble connecting the 500c to my PC.

im using a crossover ethernet cable as i dont have a router. I have changed the ip address on the dreambox to the correct ip. 192.168.1.200
changing the IP on my PC to 192.168.1.199.
the netmask 255.255.255.0.

I go into flashfxp as instructed, press connect, and nothing. The files wont open up, it just keeps saying connection failed re-trying etc.

i have been at this since 4pm and im seriously ready to fire it through the window. I have three dreamboxes here and have tried all of them, with the same result each time. I have tried using a laptop instead of my PC, again, same thing. its def a crossover cable, i only bought it today brand new from maplins.

please, if theres anyone out there who is having the same problem, or anyone else who has succesfully connected without a router, please get back to me because im ready to snap.

cheers and thanks to the mods for all their help. i cannot understand what im doing wrong.

Hi i had the same trouble i did this .leave pluged into tv connect cross over to back of dbox then plug into pc . go to expert set up.then communication
tick dhcp . fire up flash . it will ask for ip address . your box should have found its own address by now . type this in flash . click connect . this should work . took me 4 hrs to do that on sunday .

fathy
15th April, 2008, 05:17 PM
hi, i have the same problem