PDA

View Full Version : new starview or kryptview images on itgate..?

maddogs4291
6th August, 2010, 12:27 AM
Hi, now that certain starview and kryptview boxes are set up for c/s and are currently being used as a workaround to n3, would it be possible to;

1. flash the itgate with an image for the starview or kryptview that is already set up for c/s?

2. use cccam and take the settings from one of the other boxes?

3. contact the UR and see about any possibility of creating a similar image or c/s server specifically for the itgate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Evastar
6th August, 2010, 12:30 AM
In a word, no. The sv and kv people aren't going to want the market flooded with different types of boxes like it was before.

maddogs4291
6th August, 2010, 12:12 PM
Ok, but surely if some1 with a working box was to look at their cam or connection settings, it would be quite easy to transfer these over to another box, which is capable of the same thing.

Would I be right in saying that technically the itgate is perfectly capable of doing what these other boxes do? If so, it should just be a matter of connecting to a particular server, getting authenticated as a genuine sv/kv or whatever and away we go

I know it isnt that simple but if its at all possible i would happily put the time in to sort something out. I just need a nudge in the right direction

Evastar
6th August, 2010, 12:23 PM
The ITgate is technically able to do what these other boxes do yeah, but there has been no firmware released for it, and putting sv or kv firmware on it is most likely going to brick it.

What model have you got, why not look into getting a sat tuner for it if you have a model capable of that and go that route?

maddogs4291
6th August, 2010, 01:04 PM
I've got a tgc220, which means that the entire mb would need replacing rather than just the tuner, and as i am currently out of work i cant really afford to do that. I have opened the box to make sure because some of the older tgc boxes did have a swappable tuner but my one hasnt.

Is it firmware we need or is it just whatever addon (cccam or whatever) along with the right settings?

Would anyone happen to know what program is used to write/modify the firmware? If I could get the itgate, sv and kv firmwares and have a look through im sure i would be able to have at least a half decent attempt at modifying UKUR v7.9 in a way that would enable it to use sv or kv servers or be set up and ready for someone to come along and set up a similar thing for the itgate.

I haven't done anything like this before but ive got a strong knowledge of programming and software development so with the right tools this should be entirely possible.

Evastar
6th August, 2010, 02:35 PM
Ok lets say hypothetically that SV invested a lot of money in setting their c/s network up, why would they want to hand over the way to do things to create competition for themselves?

cactikid
6th August, 2010, 03:22 PM
dont think starview are good as that,think of reliable and backup:coffin:

maddogs4291
6th August, 2010, 03:31 PM
I think you are missing the point. Im not going to go up to the starview people and ask them nicely to tell me how they set their stuff up, do you think that they went up to vm and asked wether it was ok to broadcast their decryption methods to whoever buys a box from them?

why would they want to hand over the way to do things to create competition for themselves?ok so lets just give up! - in my opinion that is the wrong attitude to have, no they arent going to share their secrets, doesnt mean we cant get hold of them.

The fact is that c/s is working to bypass n3, some boxes have already had firmware released to utilise this, its only a matter of time before all of the other capable boxes catch up.

There are currently pay servers offering cable c/s so the option is already there for any capable boxes, all we need really is to go the sv and kv route and get things set up so that people dont have to pay to use it.

Im just trying to look at ways that could help get cable tv back for people, any thoughts or ideas are worth exploring.

Evastar
6th August, 2010, 03:44 PM
well best of luck with it, let us know how you get on :)

andiewill
6th August, 2010, 05:16 PM
Is it firmware we need or is it just whatever addon (cccam or whatever) along with the right settings?

you are right it can be done because its a linux box, you will need the right CCcam 2.14 and config file loaded onto box and job done, then you will need to find your self a cable C/S site for a server for what you want, (googles your best friend) but you will have to pay for the services but like eva said if you can get a sat box / tuner it will be more than worth it enough said.......

maddogs4291
7th August, 2010, 01:15 PM
Ok, thanks. I think i know some people who pay for their service so i will look into setting things up to use their cards. If i get it working i will post on here and let a few other people use it as well.

With sat is it just fta channels unless i go down the same c/s route?

andiewill
7th August, 2010, 07:27 PM
With sat is it just fta channels unless i go down the same c/s route?

Yes correcto mondo....

pantomime horse
13th August, 2010, 11:00 AM
I've got a tgc220, which means that the entire mb would need replacing rather than just the tuner, and as i am currently out of work i cant really afford to do that. I have opened the box to make sure because some of the older tgc boxes did have a swappable tuner but my one hasnt.

Would anyone happen to know what program is used to write/modify the firmware? If I could get the itgate, sv and kv firmwares and have a look through im sure i would be able to have at least a half decent attempt at modifying UKUR v7.9 in a way that would enable it to use sv or kv servers or be set up and ready for someone to come along and set up a similar thing for the itgate.

I haven't done anything like this before but ive got a strong knowledge of programming and software development so with the right tools this should be entirely possible.

are you sure about your box
I'm sure 220 has the swappable tuner.
its the 210 and newer 200 that are fixed tuner

maddogs4291
14th August, 2010, 12:36 PM
are you sure about your box
I'm sure 220 has the swappable tuner.
its the 210 and newer 200 that are fixed tunerYes i'm sure. Although i did notice when i opened it up that even though it's a tgc220 the mb had tgc210 printed on it, and the board with the usb and optical audio connections had tgs220 printed on it. Perhaps they ran out of parts and started throwing bits together from whatever they could find....