PDA

View Full Version : renault megane

radiosolutions
6th August, 2010, 10:28 PM
04 reg. 1,6 petrol, i have a problem with the rear boot lock, it will not work. all the rest of the doors are fine. when i press release switch to open boot nothing happens. have had switch and lock checked they are fine, have also checked wiring through to car all this is fine, has anyone come across this problem, will it be the uch which has lost its output and can it be repaired, thanks

cactikid
7th August, 2010, 12:40 AM
possibly faulty lock solenoid ,needs checking

radiosolutions
8th August, 2010, 11:38 AM
just to let people no it was the uch which was at fault. i took it out located at top of glovebox and repaired it, thanks for all help

autoelectric
8th August, 2010, 11:56 AM
Hello m8
I dont know if it is easy for you to explain how you repair it in case that someone else have the same problem in the future.
I had the same problem about a month ago but i didnt have the time to check if i can repair it.
Your experience will be very helpfull for the rest of us.
Thanks in advance

smokinjoe
8th August, 2010, 01:36 PM
i had one recently with a blown resistor and the pcb had taken a scorching so i didn't manage a repair,so i'm hoping to get a used one and change the processor but it looks like alot of fine soldering work.

djorgensen
14th February, 2011, 01:27 PM
i am doing one as we speak, changed the uch to a used one, and it appears the "new" used one is broken!

it sometimes unlocks and sometimes doenst.

checked the lock itself, the switch and the motor are all working in the unit