PDA

View Full Version : ts400 cuts out

Donka
7th August, 2010, 12:01 AM
Hi all, my stihl ts400 starts fine and will tick over but when i try to cut some brick it's ok for a minute or two and then loses power. If i leave it alone for 20 minutes or so and go back the process starts all over again. Air filter looks fine but it seems like a fuel issue or carb. Any help please.

nutloose
9th August, 2010, 07:11 PM
you are here=> Automotive hardware/help and discussion

unless you work in a scrap yard what part of a ts400 falls within the automotive hardware topic?

then change the blocked air filter. the fuel pump dont work when its blocked.

Meat-Head
18th August, 2010, 10:05 PM
word on street is, no compression, bore expands, nill poi.

if you don't like your saw, try pissing on the barrel when it cuts out, see if it restarts

redbaron
31st August, 2010, 10:03 PM
Hi all, my stihl ts400 starts fine and will tick over but when i try to cut some brick it's ok for a minute or two and then loses power. If i leave it alone for 20 minutes or so and go back the process starts all over again. Air filter looks fine but it seems like a fuel issue or carb. Any help please.

hi mate. If ur still having problems with ur ts400 then i suggest u remove exhaust and shine in a torch and check piston and bore for damage. If straight petrol has been used instead of proper mix then it will have caused damage. Pretty easy job too replace piston and barrel.