PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot HDI engine self remap ?

Captain Jack
7th August, 2010, 09:18 AM
Hi,

Newbie here, so be gentle :)

I have a 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp and would like to squeeze some more power out of it. The obvious thing to do is obviously a remap by a reputable company which is fine and I have used one to remap my old 2.1TD engine with no problems.

However, with 1000's of "map" files floating around the internet and the availability of flashing tools on Bay of e, I was wondering if it was possible to do it yourself. Reading around on the forums here, it seems that those "eBay" or "free" files are useless and potentially dangerous. Fair point.

What I was wondering was, is whether it was possible for me to get flashing tool, read the original map from my ECU, send that map file to a reputable company who would remap it for me and then send the file back to me. Are there any such services available?

It seems that a lot of tuning companies have a database of files for each engine type and they use these to flash the ECU in a matter of minutes. This would also be fine for me, if such a service was available - where I could buy a good remapped file for my car, without having to spend hours on remapping an original map.

If anyone can help with this, that would appreciated.

Thanks
CJ

bazare
7th August, 2010, 10:07 AM
Belive me its cheaper just to go ta a pro for this. First you have to buy the tools. Obviously a clone because a profesional tool is like 1000 euro +. Then read the map ... then modify it ... then reflash it in the car ... Just go to a shop.

oldford
7th August, 2010, 10:10 AM
If you buy files over the internet you never know what you get.
Any good tuner, will let you test drive the car before buying. So, find a reputable tuner in your neighborhood and go there.

rsibiza
7th August, 2010, 12:24 PM
Hi,

Newbie here, so be gentle :)

I have a 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp and would like to squeeze some more power out of it. The obvious thing to do is obviously a remap by a reputable company which is fine and I have used one to remap my old 2.1TD engine with no problems.

However, with 1000's of "map" files floating around the internet and the availability of flashing tools on Bay of e, I was wondering if it was possible to do it yourself. Reading around on the forums here, it seems that those "eBay" or "free" files are useless and potentially dangerous. Fair point.

What I was wondering was, is whether it was possible for me to get flashing tool, read the original map from my ECU, send that map file to a reputable company who would remap it for me and then send the file back to me. Are there any such services available?

It seems that a lot of tuning companies have a database of files for each engine type and they use these to flash the ECU in a matter of minutes. This would also be fine for me, if such a service was available - where I could buy a good remapped file for my car, without having to spend hours on remapping an original map.

If anyone can help with this, that would appreciated.

Thanks
CJ

The real big player dont sell any open map.

So you would need buy an expensive CMD or Byteshooter slave,which is locked to your tuner,and only then he will sell you maps.

All others,are not really thrusty i would say,you never know how pro or not he is.

So,for one only car,cheapest safest way,is the way to your lokal tuner

sparkle
7th August, 2010, 12:29 PM
i am allways amazed that people out there think they can remap their own vehicle !!! why would anyone with no experience want to download ecu data send it to god knows where , get charged 50quid for a so called " tuned file " , then risk the chance of rewriting it back into your vehicle & hope it works !!!
go to established tuner in your area buddy , it may cost you a few hundred pounds but its much cheaper than an ECU or engine ................

sparkle

Captain Jack
8th August, 2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks all for the replies - very helpful.

OK, so self-mapping is not the way to go. Next question: can someone recommend a reputable tuning company around Tunbridge Wells area? There are so many, that it's difficult to pick the right one.

Would rather go on recommendation rather than a good looking website.