king123
15th April, 2008, 11:25 AM
what do y'all think of this bout

who will win

open disussion give your views.

i think calzaghe will dominate him

turbo101
16th April, 2008, 10:35 AM
I also think calzaghhttp to win but by a 7th round stoppage.

Do you think the fight will go the distance

:fight::fight:

biffo1
16th April, 2008, 11:19 AM
same here im going for a calzaghe win 5th round

shortyball
16th April, 2008, 12:38 PM
hopkins can take a beating, i think it will go all they way but mr calzaghe will win.
Shame the last fight i watched with hopkins was stopped due a cut above his eye, he was still going for it then. So its going to be a tuff one.

smirnoff_rules
16th April, 2008, 12:41 PM
im sure he will win , as well has being a great puncher he can take a punch aswell , my best m8 boxed him on his first pro fight in wales on the bruno bill , didnt last long , he said his was talented then .

gillyflipper
16th April, 2008, 07:30 PM
still thinks calzaghe has a tendancy to throw lots of punches which hit the gloves, with an away crowd i think he will struggle, id love him to do it but i think hopkins will test calzaghe's chin big time, hopkins in the 6th for me

rangers71
16th April, 2008, 07:36 PM
a think hopkins will just be to strong for calzagie as he had to move up a weight for this scrap but am lookin forward to it but av got a gut feelin he will loose just the same as hatton did

freddiestarr
17th April, 2008, 07:52 AM
joe on points 7 rounds to 2 and 3 even. should be a great fight

toto67
17th April, 2008, 10:49 AM
If it gets stopped in whatever round,does that mean its KO? As he is 4/1 to do so and I think thats a decent price..As Calzaghe is a lot fitter,sharper than Hopkins and a hell of a lot younger...

deegnm
17th April, 2008, 10:55 AM
I have a feeling Hopkins will beat Joe, i hope he doesn't but Joe has never faced anyone of this calibre before never mind the step up in weight. Now before everyone starts bashing me i know that Joe produced a master class in defeating Jeff Lacy but come on guys Lacy and Hopkins are 2 different animals.

thommo
17th April, 2008, 12:57 PM
to be honest i dont even know why this fights on. hopkins will be blowing big style after 4 rounds and trying for a wonder shot every now and then to catch joe on the chin.

he wont as by the time its in the 4th as said he,ll be blowing, joe will jab him for 12 rounds and win on points as hopkins will take a beating but last the course.

not fact i dont read the future but what i thought when the fight was put on.

you got to remember hopkins is in his 40's now and no matter how hard he trains age always tells. hell yeah he,ll have stamina to last 12 but not with the power to knock joe out after the 4th round,

hopkins needs to catch joe early or its going to be as i said...and prob very boring with it...i like boxing but not 12 rounds of jabbing.

ukdvbcuk
17th April, 2008, 02:40 PM
calzaghe win 4th round

baretto
17th April, 2008, 05:10 PM
It will go to the end

Calzaghe will win it

RUSTYROOY619
19th April, 2008, 08:21 PM
calzaghe will kill this guy

pol12345
20th April, 2008, 10:52 AM
Well what do you think of that decision?

Don?t get me wrong I wanted Calzaghe to win I just can?t believe that he did.

Unbelievable decision he got beat fair and square yet gets it on points---joke.

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 12:40 PM
Calzaghe won fair and square there m8 , he was on the front foot all the time and the yanks love that ... u dont win in the usa if your english normally .

Jaffa
20th April, 2008, 12:54 PM
Calzaghe won fair and square there m8 , he was on the front foot all the time and the yanks love that ... u dont win in the usa if your english normally .

I agree there Smirf, I am only watching it now and I think Joe was the more dominant boxer and it was a Yank judge that had the biggest margin for him.

Although at saying that, it wasn't Joes best fight but he did enough.

Tizzer22
20th April, 2008, 02:56 PM
I felt Hopkins could have won this but he didnt really get stuck into Calzaghe he tryed to waste time more than anything, but well done for Calzaghe to come back and take the lead, as said above it wasnt his best fight but he did what he had to do and that was to win.

thommo
20th April, 2008, 03:40 PM
i think my prediction was shall we say spot on.....up to the 4th hopkins was the man, like i said he needed to finish it by the 4th.

he didnt and the rest as history joe jabbing and it going the distance.

good fight but it could have gone either way tbh, first 3/4 rounds were hopkins, middle six rounds where scrappy and could have gone either way (no one can say 100% who was the better in them middle rounds) and the rest joe got as hopkins was gone.

i had it closer than the judges did.

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 03:44 PM
heres thommo and his big head lol

http://costumezone.com/images/products/m/mr031078.gif

thommo
20th April, 2008, 03:46 PM
i dont wear glasses like that...........pmsl...