PDA

View Full Version : RENULT UCH tyre pressure monitor RF

ulrich100
10th August, 2010, 05:59 PM
Evening.

I want to install the tyre pressure monitors on my 2005 megane.

I have bought the monitors but my question is do all of the meganes UCH have the RF reciever as standard or is it only there if the option was taken at production.

Is there a way i can check on CLIP?

Regards

Patrick

nutloose
10th August, 2010, 07:10 PM
go in with clip and turn on the options, just the opposite of what I normally do mind you. Most people want it turned off!

ulrich100
10th August, 2010, 08:17 PM
go in with clip and turn on the options, just the opposite of what I normally do mind you. Most people want it turned off!

So are you saying the reciever will be there? It just need activated? or are you saying turn on the option and then see if the monitors are picked up / able to be coded?

On another note how come you say most folk want them turned off??

Regards

Patrick.

nutloose
13th August, 2010, 10:28 AM
turn it on and see if it can see the transducers.

This TPMS is probably the most unreliable I've come across.
The reason people want them disabled is because they report non existent faults repeatedly.

z786
13th August, 2010, 08:08 PM
iv taken a few off lol
no1 likes em

racin-snake
13th August, 2010, 09:47 PM
i have to concur with the other guys .most want these removed ...but each to his own
but dont think all are set up with reciavers but await correction ..

nutloose
13th August, 2010, 09:58 PM
the ones I turned off allegedly all had receivers :idea: perhaps they will sell them:bootyshake:

racin-snake
13th August, 2010, 11:18 PM
i think there may be pas nos different between the ones who hav and the ones who havnt ..
do not think the module was on the uch of the ones which dont though ?
but can be switched of in config so maybe maybe not ive never had anyone ask to fit them only remove so ?
anybody got diologys and the vin to see ?