PDA

View Full Version : ELM327 and scanmaster ELM readout

hinko
12th August, 2010, 06:39 PM
Hi all,

I have ELM327 1.2a hardware and using Scanmaster 2.1.

In the 'Vehicle Info' I cant seem to get my Peugeot 406 coupe 2.2 Hdi info, also a lot of lines from the 'System status' tab are marked with red X :damnmate:

Has anyone got better results with PSA Peugeot/Citroen cars? :help:

Thanx mates!

oldford
12th August, 2010, 07:06 PM
With a magnifying glass I may be able to tell more, but you have a diesel. The information is probably for a petrol car and has no meaning on your car and is not supported.
In the beginning (until 2007) there was not much defined for diesels. Since 2007 there's a specific format for diesels where they can tell what systems are supported.
But that would only apply if your car is 2007 or younger, AND the car supports the new format. Since Scanmaster 2.1 is supposed to support this new format, it looks to me the car doesn't.

Pretty normal complaint on diesels, not just with Citroen/Peugeot, but also on BMW, Mercedes, etc. etc. etc.

hinko
12th August, 2010, 07:28 PM
oldford thanx for the quick response!

My car was made in late 2003 and yes it is diesel..

Anyways, great news about the petrol/diesel differences, I was starting to think it is another Peugeot issue.

Not sure why the images are so small though.. let me try to something else ..

http://www.shrani.si/f/44/A5/4EvvtAJu/elm3271.png

http://www.shrani.si/f/2a/Zq/3c0MFKsG/elm3272.png

TIA & HAND

oldford
12th August, 2010, 08:19 PM
Like I thought. It's a diesel problem.
Even a petrol car does not support everything. A petrol car either has a catalyst (without heating) or a heated catalyst. Your car has neither. Nor does it have any of the other systems mentioned. So, there's no reason to monitor them.
Vin is not supported because diesels did not have to comply until 2004. And this is a 2003 model, so no rules apply. Be happy you can read something.

ANGELPANGELOV
15th August, 2010, 10:25 AM
to be sure you are fully connected to the motor look if scanmaster shows VIN number of your motor if not you can not trust the connection

pinpon
15th August, 2010, 08:00 PM
why dont you try scanxl ?

oldford
16th August, 2010, 07:55 AM
Scanxl isn't going to give more data. If the ecu doesn't support something, NO program/scanner/tester will be able to read it (with EOBD).