PDA

View Full Version : tacho universal question ?

imanewbie
12th August, 2010, 07:03 PM
ive got the latest version of tacho universal slowly but surely getting into it my question is i have a seat inca van to do same shape as a vw caddy theres no mention of seat software on here just says the same as vw my question is what do i go in under ? what vw ? its A 2001 van im almost sure this can be done via diagnostic port just really need to know which cable to use and what vw car i go in under ? have tried caddy with no avail.

martiboy
12th August, 2010, 07:36 PM
ive got the latest version of tacho universal slowly but surely getting into it my question is i have a seat inca van to do same shape as a vw caddy theres no mention of seat software on here just says the same as vw my question is what do i go in under ? what vw ? its A 2001 van im almost sure this can be done via diagnostic port just really need to know which cable to use and what vw car i go in under ? have tried caddy with no avail.

Plug into the obd with the vw cable. Go to vw menu and do a auto detect.

diga1
12th August, 2010, 07:36 PM
you take cable 27 and choose vw autodetect and do it by obd

allforfun
14th August, 2010, 12:08 PM
ive got an inca van and same problem really when i autodetect it goes through it all then chucks me back out ? any ideas ? ive got a tacho universal and seat inca is not on there there are other seats on there but dont want to try any in case i mess it up any help please thanks.

looly
14th August, 2010, 12:44 PM
ive got an inca van and same problem really when i autodetect it goes through it all then chucks me back out ? any ideas ? ive got a tacho universal and seat inca is not on there there are other seats on there but dont want to try any in case i mess it up any help please thanks.

Instead of wasting more time on it just strip dash, remove eeprom and program that way. Job done! ;)

allforfun
14th August, 2010, 12:59 PM
im not at that stage yet mate still practising at the moment anyboddy know what setting to use for it ?

allforfun
15th August, 2010, 01:32 PM
anyboddy know what setting to use ?

dashradio
15th August, 2010, 10:28 PM
anyboddy know what setting to use ?
Don't know what setting you are on about, but the Seat Inca / Vw Caddy WILL NOT GO via diagnostic, the only way with Tacho universal is to take it out and go direct to eeprom

allforfun
16th August, 2010, 04:59 PM
what lead do i need for that ?

looly
16th August, 2010, 05:13 PM
what lead do i need for that ?

No lead mate. De-solder eeprom and program directly. Make sure dump is good before saving it. If you corrupt data you probably wont be able to start the vehicle afterwards.

allforfun
16th August, 2010, 06:28 PM
im not upto to doing that yet will take me a few months before i start doing things like that still learing