PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch driving me nuts

father ted
12th August, 2010, 07:21 PM
ok i have an itouch and since i bought it it has worked gr8 ,connects to everything np untill 4 days ago,i went into it and couldnt log onto IMlite or Safari had a look at wifi and couldnt see my network any where i had done a router reset about 4 days ago in fact it looks like it all happened at the same time how do i get it back??

andy1weir
12th August, 2010, 08:38 PM
try restoring it through itunes m8

bimbo4747
12th August, 2010, 08:42 PM
try to restore it throw Itunes.

ricopicouk
12th August, 2010, 09:03 PM
if you go into settings, then reset settings, perform a reset network settings. this will take 2 -3 mins, and the device will reboot.

this normally fixes wifi type issues.

father ted
12th August, 2010, 10:02 PM
ok guys thansk for all this but tried everything yous all have said i can connect my lappys np and everthing else

m9g
13th August, 2010, 10:31 AM
Just a thought as you mentioned you had to reset your router the other day

Go into your router settings and see if access control is turned on as you will need to turn it off for touch to connect then after it has connected add your touch to the aloud access list then turn your access control back on

I have to do this on my router which is a netgear - usually to get in to your router settings open internet then type in hxxp://192.168.0.1 - if this isnt the address of your router then you'll have to google what address you need

Regards

father ted
14th August, 2010, 01:41 PM
ok got this fixed now after much reading on nite shift apparently there is a big problem with this issue ,i went to my son in laws and walked in it picked up his,his next door neighbours and the lad accross the road ,i logged into my son in laws so at least i knew wifi was ok, went to mcdonalds and done the same so now i knew it was the router at mine .
what i did was change encryption password on router to a new one and logged on np then i changed it back to the original one and again it logged on np so its now fixed lol ...............phew

James_123
4th September, 2010, 07:01 AM
Nice post.