PDA

View Full Version : need some advise on 500s

thewizardofodds
1st December, 2008, 10:03 AM
got a 500c/s last week and would like to mess around with the sat side.
Anyway I've not been able to play around as dont have dish yet , I'm planning on getting motorised setup but too much on at moment so wont be for few weeks.
Anyway just wondering what channels I could get if plugged into standard sky dish using emu or whatever.
any help would be appreciated

Curious123
1st December, 2008, 10:07 AM
You will pcik up all the FTA channels.

thewizardofodds
1st December, 2008, 10:08 AM
You will pcik up all the FTA channels.

what about using emu etc

Curious123
1st December, 2008, 10:24 AM
I have never tried this myself as I don't have S*y.

nut
1st December, 2008, 11:28 PM
only free to air unless you have a card. the only other way to get the lot is through c/s (card share) there are no keys for sky

thewizardofodds
2nd December, 2008, 08:05 AM
only free to air unless you have a card. the only other way to get the lot is through c/s (card share) there are no keys for sky

been looking at card sharing.

nut
2nd December, 2008, 09:58 AM
been looking at card sharing.fixed dish or motorized? you can get full u.k sky and setanta sports providing you can find someone with them cards it will be tricky mind you if you have the same card to share motorized is the way to go you will get loads of packages open to many to list h**p://en.kingofsat.net/packages.php < most of that lot will be open on card share and most transmit in english also providing the film sport ect had english dialog then you can hit the audio button on the remote and change it from e.g spanish back in to english or polish french italian you get the idea.

to get the best you will need some sort of card to share or you might get lucky and join a free server, but expect lots of freezing on a lot of the big providers because you realy need to share these cards 1-1 and not 1-100s.

jfish
2nd December, 2008, 11:18 PM
question on this card sharing

currently have the full Sky package

how could I share this card to another box (dm 600s)

would I need 2 dm 600s - one running the original Sly card using ccam and then over my home network share the other card

any pointers would be greatly appreciated

opsmonkey
2nd December, 2008, 11:35 PM
do you mean another box in your house..? or to another persons box..?

EDIT

what a cock just read your home network lol hang on 5 mins and i'll dig it out for you ;)

EDIT 2

Hi M8..

any dreambox (sat) will talk to anyother dreambox (sat) model doesnt matter.. in fact any linux box will talk to another linux box providing you run the same EMU software, this is for CCcam emu..

Try this:

On box 1 (with your card - the 'server')

make CCcam.cfg file in /var/etc with the following contents:
Code:

F: box2 box2pass 2 1 1

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 16000

On box 2 (normally under /var/etc
Code:

C: <DB IP Address> 16000 box2 box2pass

make sure your router is configured so port 16000 is forwarded as well as anyother port for outside sharing