PDA

View Full Version : What happen to automotive software section?

monster900
15th August, 2010, 05:25 AM
anyone know what happen to automotive software section??? is it gone for good or just temporally??

gmb45
15th August, 2010, 05:35 AM
read here--> http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f4/visitors-garage-please-read-154246/#post727073

l69305
15th August, 2010, 07:14 AM
Grease Monkey's PlayHouse.We'll just start over.What's a garage any ways but a Grease Monkey's PlayHouse.Sounds cool to. L69305 :smokin::idea:

cjawahir
15th August, 2010, 10:35 AM
anyone know what happen to automotive software section??? is it gone for good or just temporally??

This is what happens when people just take and dont give back , they spoil it for all , mabe someday it may be back , until then keep posting .

cj

Liteace
15th August, 2010, 06:20 PM
I think in one way is was the right thing to do but it has affected all of us, maybe the mods can think of something to stop the 1 posters downloading and stop the money grabbers downloading and selling on fleabay. I think if they should make all the people that want to download be a forum supported and have more than say 200 or so posts or have a private \ members section or something. Its a shame as this site has helped me out no end over the last couple of years but as you say you can keep taking & taking and not giving anything back

yellowstilo
15th August, 2010, 06:32 PM
i agree, please think of a way to allow the serious members to have access to the very valuable information offered in the software section, it would be a shame if this info would disappear for everybody....
take nr. of (serious) postings and/or uploads into consideration, make some barriers to block leaches and Ebay sellers but please don't wipe out this section just like that...
Maybe a special section just accessable for members that meet the conditions (to be defined...)
Thank you for considering this option.

tonyboy101
15th August, 2010, 06:47 PM
hi all
i will miss this section i have small garage business the members on here that have posted software have been realy helpful on how to instal and use
i would like to help but everyone here seams to be more advanced than me
so it seems i have little to offer
i would not dream of selling any software as i have great respect for people supplying it
i hope this section comes back or admin sort some rules to offer this section
it will be very dificult to pick people who are loyal to the site
and not abuse peoples skills and help

thank you

Liteace
15th August, 2010, 07:00 PM
one thing I noticed is that if someone does do a "how to" or put something up for download you get loads and loads of post's with just "thanks" or "thanks man" from people that just want to get their own post count up so they can download, on other forums (not that I used any other than DK) reply's that are to short are not accepted, there must be a way of if people want to thank whoever they can ONLY use the "thanks" button and not fill the forum up

tapiru
15th August, 2010, 09:29 PM
hi all
i will miss this section i have small garage business the members on here that have posted software have been realy helpful on how to instal and use
i would like to help but everyone here seams to be more advanced than me
so it seems i have little to offer
i would not dream of selling any software as i have great respect for people supplying it
i hope this section comes back or admin sort some rules to offer this section
it will be very dificult to pick people who are loyal to the site
and not abuse peoples skills and help

thank you
I am in a same situation like you.I was glad wen discover this forum to help me in my work because I actually work in my own garage and no have tine or relations to get the material was posted in this section.I do not belive is a sin to use the sw. posted here by other members especially they made this.
Since I came here I learn a lot about sw. and about how to use them.
For me will be a big mist if the Automotive SW. not come back.Fortunately I made here friendship that maybe I newer can made in hole my life and by this way I wish thanks again to all members who helped me and respect for all other DK members.
If I have nothing to offer just my soul I am not guilty for this and the sw. sellers should be proved and not put all in same pot.
With me were several trying and hope I passed the test but no access because I not post nothing just my "thanks" and sometime some question if I not understand but in my stomach I have just intestines not sw.

cklair
15th August, 2010, 10:01 PM
im dispointed to see sw part has been removed ,whatever the reason behind it ,hurt me ,not to blame any body,but dk is the great site that i ever comecross in my life ,so helpful in all your automotive and computing need.if there is financial issue then start charging membership fee and would't mind paying for great site.long live DK

dijo
15th August, 2010, 11:32 PM
I am in a same situation like you.I was glad wen discover this forum to help me in my work because I actually work in my own garage and no have tine or relations to get the material was posted in this section.I do not belive is a sin to use the sw. posted here by other members especially they made this.
Since I came here I learn a lot about sw. and about how to use them.
For me will be a big mist if the Automotive SW. not come back.Fortunately I made here friendship that maybe I newer can made in hole my life and by this way I wish thanks again to all members who helped me and respect for all other DK members.
If I have nothing to offer just my soul I am not guilty for this and the sw. sellers should be proved and not put all in same pot.
With me were several trying and hope I passed the test but no access because I not post nothing just my "thanks" and sometime some question if I not understand but in my stomach I have just intestines not sw.

Yes me to, with the Software section we lost here a great an powerful help for the small and independent garage...
I have a small garage and i have my knowledge from DK to work with the manufacture software...

IT IS ONE DISASTER WHEN THIS PART WAS DELETED.:help:

maca
15th August, 2010, 11:36 PM
update lads http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f4/visitors-garage-please-read-154246/

oep
16th August, 2010, 07:51 AM
It was about a time its done.
There are a lot who just wait for cracked patched etc. soft to be sold.
There is even some users who steal from forum and then sell it out.
I had such expiration, where a guy is selling my work (no need for user-name or product) without any "thanks" (of course he's here waiting for new download).

Also some users who gets 0day stuff, upload without asking owner.
So now we are missing some good stuff here (you know who you are!!!).

As Ummousa said, stop hunting our work ****ing retard, get your self a piece of brain and do something in your life. Don't be parasite!

hagop72
16th August, 2010, 08:38 AM
Hi to all

Its a shame that we seen the GARAGE its gone,we hope that it will come back ASAP, Because DK its one of the BEST site ever i find it & we learn a lot of thinks from our good friends, (they know who they are). i have a small garage & they help me for some small problems with some SW.

So even if they make as a members for the GARAGE SW section as with the subscription fee,im sure that most of members they dont mind (including me),at least we can know who is the leechers & ebay sellers. they will go & find another places for FREE stuff etc.....

Until we get some good news from the moderator & VIP members,we will wait to see the result.

Cheers to all the good & helpful members of DK

Hagop72

Patient is the key for succeed

strda50es
16th August, 2010, 09:29 AM
It was about a time its done.
There are a lot who just wait for cracked patched etc. soft to be sold.
There is even some users who steal from forum and then sell it out.
I had such expiration, where a guy is selling my work (no need for user-name or product) without any "thanks" (of course he's here waiting for new download).

Also some users who gets 0day stuff, upload without asking owner.
So now we are missing some good stuff here (you know who you are!!!).

As Ummousa said, stop hunting our work ****ing retard, get your self a piece of brain and do something in your life. Don't be parasite!
Hello mate.
Allow me to tell you that though you know who the guy is we don't know him.
This is the reason for the situation we are right now and i think we have the right to know who this guy is.
Words like "you know who you are" sorry but do not help other members to understand the truth.
As for the rest of you post i totally agree with you.
I see posts from "members" since last august 2009 with 3 posts saying that they don't see the garage section and i am wondering where were they for a whole year?
Hope that the people who mess with the hard work of reopening the "garage section" will clean the place from such guys who as they say "repack and distribute" OR they offer "BONUS" software with the package they sell.

electromech
16th August, 2010, 09:44 AM
I have to agree with some of you in this thread I am a forum supporter because I wouldnt like this great site to close due to financial reasons and it ait much $$$ to make the difference so I believe that some of us should have access to that section provided we meet some criteria and the wannabees should be blocked untill they reach that criteria or (I hope I dont piss people off with this) make it a strict pay site then we only have people here that want to be here and not just leach

pablo276
17th August, 2010, 01:49 PM
i think it should be made something with it beacause not all of us only take from this site this section was great, so we are waitning for criteria and some idea i think payment is also some of issue

Dreamer
17th August, 2010, 01:55 PM
i think it should be made something with it beacause not all of us only take from this site this section was great, so we are waitning for criteria and some idea i think payment is also some of issue

Digital Koas do not ask for payment for any of it's services. members contribute to the site with time and effort solely for the purpose of helping others and also to recieve help when needed It is a two way street.

decno1
17th August, 2010, 02:34 PM
I think what ever DK administration decision about the garage section, it will be better for the RIGHT members.
I really feel bad when I see a thread with 1000s of posts, only 10-15 posts are useful, and the rest are just something like a spam, or just silly questions that the answer is just in a page or two before that post.
Reading these posts consume to much time just to get the right answer.
Thank you

del635
17th August, 2010, 02:42 PM
The ecm titanium thread was a good example, 10 pages of one posters 'password please', you could tell they didnt even bother to read the thread as it was clearly stated the dl was fake. I said changes needed to be made nearish the start even if it restricted my own access for a while. Just wish I could could give more back myself as well but most have more knowledge than me though I'll still try.

FAL
17th August, 2010, 08:35 PM
Just logged in to find the changes that have been made to The Garage. I haven't been on DK properly, for a while now. The reason being...

In the last few weeks i've had a load of PM's from new guys, demanding that i send them BMW software and updates, as well as explain how to use it in every detail ...and when you do help them, 50% of the new members don't seem to know how to say "thank you", don't know where the "Thanks" button is or are unable to use the search system. When i joined DK, a lot of people helped me and so as my BMW knowledge increased i tried to help others, uploading bits of software (Some of which i bought and shared for free), answering questions and making friends. Members such as drakov, KaHN, roby, Qrius, etc. have put huge amounts of effort into helping people, only to find their hard work being sold on auction sites or passed off in other forums (I've even found a couple of bits of my work, turning up on eBay).

It's a real shame that it has reached this point, but i understand why it has had to be changed. I hope that one day the forum can return to how it was, but i'm not holding my breath. The small minority spoil it for the majority...:shot:

Kind Regards,
FAL

decno1
18th August, 2010, 10:03 AM
Dear my friend FAL, I really appreciate the job you did in BMW INPA mainly, and I have seen how you were helping other members, and how much you worked in improving the INPA by adding more systems.
Even if they did not say "Thank you" I am sure they know that you are one of the good guys in this forum.

haussys
18th August, 2010, 05:02 PM
I will miss this section, but I understand the point.
As someone said, it will affect all of us.

I hope that one day the forum can return to how it was, look forward to seeing it

cotech
21st August, 2010, 09:36 AM
hello digital kaus ECU softwere site managers were eliminated because we will be able to see it again whenever it was very useful

wiggyshome
21st August, 2010, 11:03 PM
Hi all

I loved helping out people on Garage Software section and other people helping me out .

i understand that anyone can come and take software and help without contributing anything.

dont the supporters of this site get a say in what is happening to the site , can we not hide the Garage software to new users.

then supporters or subscription supporters what ever way you want to do it get access to Garage software.

wiggyshome

umoussa
23rd August, 2010, 04:00 AM
This is really a good start.

I do agree with it 100% and deeply happy to see a response from the forum board against fishermen and other resellers.

BIG THANK YOU

flip
23rd August, 2010, 05:08 AM
It is a shame that the Garage has had to have a make over, But as in life all things must come to an end. I joined DK around 6 months ago and have read as much as possible in order to catch up on Euro vehicle systems. Euro cars started to make a foot print in vehicle sales here in Australia early this decade and now they are starting to fail "brake down".

I'm not sure about the rest of the world but here in Australia, private repairers receive absolutely no assistance from the DEALER NETWORKS. It is sad to say but its US verse THEM. Vehicle owners lose / misplace their security codes/radio codes and the dealers will not resupply them, you must give up the job and send the car back to the dealer.

It is impossible to obtain repair info/schematics here in this country for Euro vehicles. Our imported vehicles are made up from left over components of your previous models. 0.4% of world consumption does not justify manufacturers giving us anything better then left overs.

This is where DK has helped me greatly understand the logic behind specific Manufacturer thinking. I thank you all for your insight.

I do not post for help, as I read all your posts and work out the solution from there. I am a mechanic by trade, my electronics knowledge is self educated and now my software coding/decoding is my main area of self education.

When the whole "Garage forum" shut down thing happen the other week I was honestly concerned.

As we do not export many vehicles from Australia to other Continents, I am probably no help to any of you. But if there is any thing I can do to assist the DK Family please PM me.

p.s Anyone or Business that does pirate other peoples work and sells it is a low life piece of SH*T. (I do a lot of Googling and it is out there everywhere) keep it honest.

elfster916
23rd August, 2010, 12:31 PM
sad to see the garage section has been put into limbo, but understandable considering the costs of hosting the site and im sure there was a lot of parasitic traffic.
nothing pisses you off like seeing someone else steal your efforts and re-posting your uploads to hotfile or filesonic so they can make a few bucks off your back, or trying to make a sale on ebay. the lack of credit being given for leeching ones posts makes you want rip their eyes out.

the whole idea of charging for access to certain material will only make the website owners more liable if ever pursued for damages in court by a copyright owner. so charging isn't really a good idea and defeats the whole purpose of "internet(pirate-sharing)freedom" which most forums are for and support.

i, like a lot of other members actually own our own automotive shops and have come to rely on the support and efforts that this forum has provided, its people like this that not only make the forum great but help build a community of sharing and support. and like a few other members i have also helped people figure out there problems or get them set up with there software installs.

so hopefully DK will figure out a way keep the garage open and the forum going, it would be a shame to see it go. so if there's anything i can do to help the forum please let me know i would be more than happy to help. and if any members need help with american software pm me and i'll help you out in any way i can.

NILTON
24th August, 2010, 10:54 PM
hello guys. SSSA this software for automotive learned a lot.'m new to the profession system immobilizers and do not have much to offer.
but I learned a lot here on reset / decode / software installation and how to use them.
I still have much to learn and I'm so not able to enjoy the skill and professionalism of many members of this forum who face meeting as a community is serious.
thanks for all the kindness and help I received here.