PDA

View Full Version : GM MDI vehicle communication interface for wireless J2534 reprogramming

Iteb
15th August, 2010, 09:55 AM
HI everyone.
I just thought to start a new thread for all of you who own, or are considering buying, a GM MDI, just to share experiences, as software, brand compatibility, tips and advice.
All information is appreciated.

Thanks guys

If my post has been helpfull please press the http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/buttons/post_thanks.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/post_thanks.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=367555) tab

londondiagnostcs
16th August, 2010, 12:04 PM
I have an MDI I find it very good on GM for SPS etc but find it very hit and miss with Techstream software. The mongoose cable is far superior for me.

I have read it works well with consult 3? Can anyon confirm this?

Theo1606
16th August, 2010, 02:19 PM
Hi ... at Business i have install and test it with TisWeb Global for Opel ... it works wary good .... i have test it with the wlan option ... Top !!! Withe the Tech2 Emu you can use it as tech 2 for many Kfz ... opel gm Suzuki and other.

Sorry... but what is consul 3 ????

Sorry for my bad english :-(

Iteb
16th August, 2010, 09:08 PM
Hi Theo1606, which MDI software version do you have?
Which Globaltis version?

Thanks in advance

jihyu
17th August, 2010, 05:23 AM
Sorry... but what is consul 3 ????

Sorry for my bad english :-(

The consul 3 is for nissan.

Theo1606
17th August, 2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks ;-)

Theo1606
17th August, 2010, 02:19 PM
I have the Last Version that i download from the garage before the admin make it new ... it is Version 22

londondiagnostcs
17th August, 2010, 05:27 PM
I have found a couple of errors on Tech2win that are not on Tech2. When coding keys on a movano and a Corsa C I could not get it to work yet worked first time on Tech2.

MDI Tech2win is far from perfect these have been the only times I have needed it in last two weeks and I needed Tech2 to complete the Job.

I am not sure the Global version I am using as I have both a Saab and Opel Tis2web account.

Wolfpack
18th August, 2010, 03:26 AM
I was going to buy a MDI but it only does 2 Gm models the Tech 2 can't cause of high speed can and it only about 22% faster in programming. maybe in a couple of years i'll get one but for now I'll keep using the tech2

Iteb
18th August, 2010, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know if you can use the MDI for newer Hyundai, of course, with the right software?

Thanks.

Theo1606
18th August, 2010, 03:02 PM
I was going to buy a MDI but it only does 2 Gm models the Tech 2 can't cause of high speed can and it only about 22% faster in programming. maybe in a couple of years i'll get one but for now I'll keep using the tech2

You can Programming older Opel to , i have make it with the Global Tis with a Old Corsa Combo ... work i have make it with Wlan.

haussys
19th August, 2010, 12:35 AM
So J2534, can work with global tis on older car or with tech2 emulator.

Are you aware that we can not program new features in Astra J as we did in Astra H

Theo1606
20th August, 2010, 01:18 PM
In the Software for the Midi ar only new Cars ... Corsa Insigna usw.

In the Globaltis you go to programming ... then the Car that u use ... and then you can change the Hardware in a Window , Tech2 , Tech2 with other option and the Midi .. it works , i have test it over Wlan.

pecky
20th August, 2010, 04:26 PM
I have problems when connecting to an Astra CID display and it also will not do SPS pass through programming on the CIM, I think these issues are documented though.

Iteb
20th August, 2010, 11:16 PM
I have problems when connecting to an Astra CID display and it also will not do SPS pass through programming on the CIM, I think these issues are documented though.

Yes there are some issues, but them will be gone with the new mdi sw (it is written in the news-tab of tis2web):
hope so. :smokin:

If my post has been helpfull please press the http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/buttons/post_thanks.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/post_thanks.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=367555) tab

Iteb
21st August, 2010, 07:58 PM
I have found a couple of errors on Tech2win that are not on Tech2. When coding keys on a movano and a Corsa C I could not get it to work yet worked first time on Tech2.

MDI Tech2win is far from perfect these have been the only times I have needed it in last two weeks and I needed Tech2 to complete the Job.

I am not sure the Global version I am using as I have both a Saab and Opel Tis2web account.

Hi Londondiagnostcs could you please chek your PM

Thanks.

s5zax
22nd August, 2010, 11:15 AM
I have found a couple of errors on Tech2win that are not on Tech2. When coding keys on a movano and a Corsa C I could not get it to work yet worked first time on Tech2. .
+10000:(:(

haussys
22nd August, 2010, 11:22 AM

Even with tech 2 SPS is not working on CID.
I have lastest version BN of CID, and it's not working

Iteb
22nd August, 2010, 12:58 PM
Any of you guys who want to share saabtis 2008 with me ?
Need it please.

Send me a Pm.

Thanks in advance

RobbyD
23rd August, 2010, 12:41 AM
Hey Wolfpack. What do you mean about MDI only does 2 GM models. I have no problem with any, but one. Saturn.

Fordracer4life
23rd August, 2010, 03:38 AM
Hey Wolfpack. What do you mean about MDI only does 2 GM models. I have no problem with any, but one. Saturn.
The tech2 does not support the 2010 camaro and lacross a mdi is needed to run GM GDS software for most module replacement and data stream.

pecky
28th August, 2010, 09:36 AM
Even with tech 2 SPS is not working on CID.
I have lastest version BN of CID, and it's not workingI've done a few KS ones with no problems, never had the need to try a BN one.

With Tech2win is crashes when you connect to the CID, let alone get anywhere near SPS programming.

athsr1
28th August, 2010, 01:19 PM
starting in 2010 tech 2 pass through is being phased out

Yuri_L777
9th September, 2010, 11:42 AM
Hi. Possibly, someone could tell me, will does GM MINI MDI work with Tech2Win emulator? Thanks.

buffetw
9th September, 2010, 01:47 PM
I'd just like to use or see an MVI Mini

wyz1056
9th September, 2010, 03:32 PM
where have get this soft?
i have j2534 tool.

garryreed
20th September, 2010, 11:01 AM
hello i have the mdi with tech2 emulator and software for vauxhall can i also do saab suzuki and so on like you would with a regular tech2 ?

if so what files do i need to be able to do this .. and has anyone got them please

Iteb
8th October, 2010, 01:03 PM
Hi, is there any of you guys that knows about if Volvo VIDA software works with the GM MDI hardware?

Thanks in advance.

guill
12th October, 2010, 01:25 AM
Hi to all I'm looking for Application software for GM vehicles. Or Gm Tis software,,
If some one want to Share with me. Please P.M
Thank you.... I have pass tru pro. I have Ford Module Programing, That I can Share..
Thank you..

Dmitry 42
12th October, 2010, 06:20 AM
http://dkgaragesoftware.blogspot.com/ look here

mmmmmmmmm it was deleted...:-((

gmmechanicmike
22nd October, 2010, 03:34 AM
Does anyone know if there will be a US version of tech2win for my mdi?

RAWHide
12th November, 2010, 04:34 PM
Hi

I have genuine MDI working perfectly with TEch2Win software for all old OPEL /Vaux and the new Insignia and AStra J. With Global TIS it will do all reprogramming and keys on old cars and the new ones.

What Icant get to work is TEch2Win and SAAB software. When I put the SAAB.bin file in the pcmcia directory Tech2Win opens with an error saying wrong make or something.

Has anyone got a work round for this yet?

Thanks

Dmitry 42
13th November, 2010, 03:16 AM
You needed modded .bin file, some times ago Impactops make this mods, but now i dont know where take this files

impactops
13th November, 2010, 05:39 AM
Can show me how to bring up the SPS error message that appears when you try too select it on a given model?

Dmitry 42
13th November, 2010, 11:54 AM
I make picture of this error message tommorow.

impactops
13th November, 2010, 11:58 AM
I make picture of this error message tommorow.

If you can describe exactly which make you used & what you selected to get there

Regards
Impactops

dfitz21
19th November, 2010, 09:20 PM
Do you have the Tech2Win connecting to a Saab? I thought that it was the wrong protocol?

BALI7605
21st November, 2010, 11:49 AM
Hello Guys,

Is any of you have issues with the SPS reprograming? For instance if i wanna update a X18XE to an X18XE1 it comes up as hardware missmatch or if i wanna program a virgin ecu (Z18XE) same problem comes up, but it allows me to update nice and easy.
Any clue why?????

Thank you,

bali

thumthums
23rd November, 2010, 03:52 AM
Latest driver / mdi_7.9.98 :
http://www.rapidshare.com/files/426158868/setup.exe

RAWHide
26th November, 2010, 01:02 PM
You needed modded .bin file, some times ago Impactops make this mods, but now i dont know where take this files

Hi Impactops - so do you have a workround to get SAAB working with MDI? The screenshots you show seems to make me think you do.
Any chance of sharing the fix?
Thanks

integlikewhoa
7th December, 2010, 02:46 AM
I'm In US and looking for a GM scanner. The Tech II is about twice as much as the MDI, and I prefer the MDI. Problem is will the MDI do everything the Tech II can? I know everything is going to be MDI in the future, but I work on present to 10 year old vehicles. What Can't I do if I bought only a MDI?

gs02dmh
7th December, 2010, 08:10 AM
I'm In US and looking for a GM scanner. The Tech II is about twice as much as the MDI, and I prefer the MDI. Problem is will the MDI do everything the Tech II can? I know everything is going to be MDI in the future, but I work on present to 10 year old vehicles. What Can't I do if I bought only a MDI?

The MDI is only used as scanner(with GDS sw) to support some 2010 GM new models & future GM vehicles!

The MDI will not be a future Tech 2 replacement tool to support older GM vehicles!

Hope this helps!

integlikewhoa
7th December, 2010, 06:02 PM
The MDI is only used as scanner(with GDS sw) to support some 2010 GM new models & future GM vehicles!

The MDI will not be a future Tech 2 replacement tool to support older GM vehicles!

Hope this helps!

So with GDS it still don't work on past vehicles, only a few 2010 vehicles?
Doesnt TIS2WEB have a Tech II emulator?

gs02dmh
8th December, 2010, 05:56 AM
So with GDS it still don't work on past vehicles, only a few 2010 vehicles?
Doesnt TIS2WEB have a Tech II emulator?

GDS/MDI will not support older GM vehicles!!!

Tis2Web is only access via GM dealer site & have no Tech2 emulator!!!

Hope this helps!

Floyd
10th December, 2010, 09:13 PM
I have a genuine actia pass-thru interface and need to know if anyone has diagnostic software for Suzuki that will work with my interface?

In addition what other software can be used apart from Honda and Toyota with it?

Thanks

Larue
10th December, 2010, 09:22 PM
Just to update all this.....new Opel/Vauxhall MerivaB for diagnostics and reprogramming is back to TECH2 again......

ironjoe
15th December, 2010, 12:12 AM
The meriva b has always been tech 2 there seems to be some confusion when talking about gds/mdi,currently gds is only for diagnostics with model insignia and astra j .tis2web is for all models current and past, mdi can also be used for current and past. Past models for sps,or full function if using tech2win (mdi software was released last week to deal with all the glitches).
The problem with the movanos is because of the obd pin outs there was also a tsb telling users not to use mdi,apparantly pin 12 on movano is 12v.
Finally if you register with gme-infotech and do the courses then independants can now have access,and this includes security codes.(15 euros).GME are tightning up all its security and software.
Joe
firmware is 7.10.84 (nov 2nd) and the mdi needs erased before it will load

CONFUSED.COM
14th January, 2011, 03:03 PM
HI DOES ANYONE HAVE A FIX FOR THIS YET OR HOW I CAN BUILD SAAB SOFTWARE INTO GLOBAL TIS SO I CAN UPLOAD IT TO TECH 2 WIN

:dancing2:,THANKS VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE

Arwy
13th May, 2011, 06:04 AM
I can not reprogram newer firmware in CIM (Opel Zafira B) with GM MDI. Once start programming, appears a warning to check the correct wiring interface.

s5zax
21st May, 2011, 09:59 PM
You have to do a preparation SPS programming at CIM module with TECH2WIN or TECH2 and after that carry out SPS programming with MDI.

Arwy
2nd June, 2011, 02:51 PM
Thank you for your advice.

pikas
31st October, 2011, 03:07 PM
can i use sps in globaltis with mdi? for old cars?

MBGL
5th November, 2011, 11:10 PM
can i use sps in globaltis with mdi? for old cars?

Yes for both questions.

bummer52
8th February, 2013, 11:33 PM
Can show me how to bring up the SPS error message that appears when you try too select it on a given model?

Hi.

Please say where you find this saab bin file for tech2win? ver1.44 :hmmmm2:

morito
22nd March, 2013, 03:19 PM
hi

I have problem whit my new MDI clone, gds2 works ok insignia and astra, but tech2win not work
not conetc any vehicle, license is ok and tech2 recognice mdi ok but not comunication whit any car , try 5 cars.

there are any config to use tech2win whit mdi??

any idea is apreciate

many thanks in the advance

nutloose
24th March, 2013, 11:20 PM
If you license the Tech2win with the date set wrong in your pc to try to get more than the allocated term no connections will be made.
N

cipijoint
27th March, 2013, 07:48 PM
is v35 Global tis latest version?