PDA

View Full Version : again garage, please explaing some moments

drdupery
15th August, 2010, 01:56 PM
Recently I had made a few useful replies (At least I think so) in garage section and wanted to continue to share my knowledge and findings but there is no access. There are a lot of sticky posts I read but what are the rules giving requirements to gain access to garage section. For now as stated in sticky post there is no access so it is supposed to be so for fresh users.
I can't introduce myself due to restricted access to dedicated section - I think the section is for newly registered only but not sure, please confirm.

PremierD
15th August, 2010, 02:01 PM
It is Very simple mate .....not rocket science ....if you can see it ... you have access.....

drdupery
15th August, 2010, 02:15 PM
Should I think that your reply is very useful? :)
ok, never mind
I'll try myself in satellite section, let's see what will happen later in 1-3 months...

amrif
15th August, 2010, 06:26 PM
Hello, I'm writing in connection with this post. (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f7/garage-help-153876/index2.html#post725872). There are already so many topics about access to the Garage section that I didn't want to create a new one.

I have my own garage, a small legal company in Poland and so on I can share my knowledge in these matters. It won't be a problem to write some useful posts, but I'm currently unable to do so. Then where should I write? Or post some funny pictures in Comedy Central? I don't own a iPod Touch nor iPhone and don't know much about satelite tv. Then shall I comment some recent news about Tila Tequila's concerts? If this is the correct manner I'll do so to get access to the Garage section, because I sometimes find some useful help there and I don't have time to searching for links on rapidshare because I don't know whether they are working or not. Here I can find them much faster.

Edit, Also a recent outage has deprived me of few useful programs, only the ones stored on DVDs and few pendrives have survived. I want to recover my resources but I'm currently unable to do so because I can't access Garage.

junior.frank
15th August, 2010, 07:11 PM
Hello, I'm writing in connection with this post. (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f7/garage-help-153876/index2.html#post725872). There are already so many topics about access to the Garage section that I didn't want to create a new one.

I have my own garage, a small legal company in Poland and so on I can share my knowledge in these matters. It won't be a problem to write some useful posts, but I'm currently unable to do so. Then where should I write? Or post some funny pictures in Comedy Central? I don't own a iPod Touch nor iPhone and don't know much about satelite tv. Then shall I comment some recent news about Tila Tequila's concerts? If this is the correct manner I'll do so to get access to the Garage section, because I sometimes find some useful help there and I don't have time to searching for links on rapidshare because I don't know whether they are working or not. Here I can find them much faster.

Edit, Also a recent outage has deprived me of few useful programs, only the ones stored on DVDs and few pendrives have survived. I want to recover my resources but I'm currently unable to do so because I can't access Garage.

i ask the same question... my only interess in DK is The Garage.... i can't post mult posts because this is spam... what i have do ?

drdupery
15th August, 2010, 07:19 PM
that's the new policy
take a part in other sections even if you are not interested in, try to help others even if you are unable but who cares - here are a lot of sections - if you can't therefore you don't want :) and probably you'll get access or may be not. I did not find other requirements. Yes, last time I saw a lot of silly/spam posts in garage section of users with 1 or 2 posts and that was bad...
The smart idea is stop asking for and see what will happen as our posts here will be interpreted as SPAM.

softguy09
15th August, 2010, 08:18 PM
It is Very simple mate .....not rocket science ....if you can see it ... you have access.....
So Who Decides, Who can see what? Or is it based on your Replys and Thanks? Is the automotive section like RIGHT gone now or can some ppl just not see it?

drdupery
15th August, 2010, 08:30 PM
So Who Decides, Who can see what? Or is it based on your Replys and Thanks? Is the automotive section like RIGHT gone now or can some ppl just not see it?

if you can't see therefore it is supposed to be so, no exact requirements, just join community and take a part in other sections.

Oh, probably I'm starting to spaming according to lords :damnmate:
no more replies here, only in dedicated sections :idea:

Autofix
15th August, 2010, 09:25 PM
I don’t understand why all the moaning. DK was too easy and it made everyone too lazy. Like most members, I got a lot more than I gave back so I deserved to be kicked out.

Recently I looked for some software on here and it was not available so I looked elsewhere and found it eventually. I didn’t upload it here, but I should have. It is uploading to rapidshare now and I will post links tomorrow.

I have no interest in the other forums so I doubt I will get access again but it is still a good thing that the info is less public.

Everyone who is moaning, get off your arses and search for what you need. Its all out there in other places besides DK.

sagareave
16th August, 2010, 12:43 AM
If you come here to learn about auto software. U can learn about i phone,i pod, sattelite etc .................. I have a high school diploma and a certificate in auto technology and at 27 im doing better than my friends with bachelors and master's degrees. I taught my self about sattelites, software for pc' and various devices.So i dont think learning about something u dont have aclue about is bad. Sometimes it helps you when u least expect it.

reisxxx
16th August, 2010, 12:49 AM
goodnight to all of the DK.
I wish to continue participating in this forum,
work in a mechanical workshop, and some topics have helped me in a day of workshops, mainly those related to interfaces of diagnoses,

I have no knowledge in informatics, for this reason could not help much in most topics.

I ask again, let me continue to participate, here in Brazil some information on average it takes about three years to come, and here in DK and first world

I'm sorry for English

halo
16th August, 2010, 12:59 AM
You people need to see it from the adminstrators point of view and the fact that what people would do with information now a days. This is way it has become a forum that people must now give information than take it later.

wxw
16th August, 2010, 06:23 AM
I have a small garage in Poland and I would have had access to the forum the garage. How do I post I have to have access to?

bazare
16th August, 2010, 06:37 AM
I think they should say something clear like: you will get acces to the garage when you have 100 posts or 500 posts or whatever. just explain what is the rule. or as i saw in other forums. If you post something like a tutorial or a nice software you get acces anyway.

RadRod
16th August, 2010, 10:13 AM
Sounds like good way to kill the forum to me!

maca
16th August, 2010, 10:21 AM
Sounds like good way to kill the forum to me!
sounds a good way of stopping people doing a hit and run..update http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f4/visitors-garage-please-read-154246/

georgegt
16th August, 2010, 10:44 AM
Interesting with all ideea's about Garage but if the DK take this decizion will remaining a closed forum only for they who have experience and the question is if they knou who help who ?
My opinion is the good way is to split in 2 sectors one public with all general treath's and one private where to bee the downloads and considerated precious information and to access this sesion users to must demonstrate there deserve it
If the forum stai closed I think it will die

MBP
16th August, 2010, 12:03 PM
Guy's whilst I can see your point about spammers and people with only a few posts taking the piss in the garage, everyone has to start somewhere and as you quite rightly agree you don't want people to post randomly to increase post counts.

I've not used the forum too much in the past due to working away and not having regular access but now I am able I have made some posts, that I consider to be useful, in the garage to help other members.

Sure I can post in the other forums but I don't necessarily have much to input there as it's not my area of interest. I'm heavily into the automotive scene and specifically a lot of which is in the garage so it does seem a shame that not only can I not share my thoughts ideas and experience with others but I also can't utilise the same of other people.

I know it is going to be difficult to weed out the good from the chaff but there are those of us with a genuine interest that appear to be excluded.
Don't take this as a rant at the moderators, it's intended to be constructive. I am a moderator on several other automotive forums so I do have an idea of your frustrations.

sanderb
16th August, 2010, 01:59 PM
I've been relatively new to this forum, started in "the garage" with a question and added some information myself. I thought I was doing a good job and had the intention to keep this going...

Now I cannot even open this section of digital kaos, nor cant I read my own posts!

I understand someone disliking readers who do not post, though I do not think making the rules this strict this is the solution.

Bye for now!

:congrats:

darty sav
16th August, 2010, 04:03 PM
sounds a good way of stopping people doing a hit and run..update http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f4/visitors-garage-please-read-154246/
i've read that and agree some type of people should not have acces to this section as they do bad but for many people as i think i'm part of it's a bad news to not have acces anymore to the knwledge and help of this section
hope it gonna change again

PremierD
16th August, 2010, 04:09 PM
I've been relatively new to this forum, started in "the garage" with a question and added some information myself. I thought I was doing a good job and had the intention to keep this going...

Now I cannot even open this section of digital kaos, nor cant I read my own posts!

I understand someone disliking readers who do not post, though I do not think making the rules this strict this is the solution.

Bye for now!

:congrats:

OK mate ... Let me ask you a question then seeing as you are asking a few ......
Just exactly how would you personally Deal with the situation then ...?

RVkazak
16th August, 2010, 04:58 PM
Could you restrict download rights without restricting access to the section?

MBP
16th August, 2010, 05:07 PM
OK mate ... Let me ask you a question then seeing as you are asking a few ......
Just exactly how would you personally Deal with the situation then ...?

Perhaps make it open to Forum Supporters?? I'd pay for that, sure. The stuff in the garage is very useful, which is patently obvious given the amount of posts about it.

It's tricky mate I know, as I've already posted if you put valuable or sought after files/information in the public domain it will be abused by the minority - It's a sad fact I'm afraid.

I moderate on a few Automotive forums and I see people come and go all the time and I've also learnt that the usefulness of a member isn't always the number of posts he's made. Some people simply don't want to spend all their time sat on a computer reading fora. A classic example is the Mac OS forum at the moment, one recently joined member posting endless links to software downloads.

IMHO the best option would be to have a moderator for the downloads section and every time an update is posted the thread is closed to keep it clean. Discussion can take place in another thread.

rumka
16th August, 2010, 05:08 PM
Could you restrict download rights without restricting access to the section?

It agree 100 % this correct question decisions...:musicus:

s2udio
16th August, 2010, 05:18 PM
It agree 100 % this correct question decisions...:musicus:
No its a decision for the Admin by look of it...
and another pointless garage thread

monmsv
16th August, 2010, 05:43 PM
information is better thanks

ttek1229
16th August, 2010, 06:19 PM
I am one of those persons who just found this site about 2 weeks ago.. I did some downloading, and tried to help out with a workaround for Scanxl.. I have some knowledge but as of yet, haven't seen a question asked I can help out with that hasn't been answered 2 times over.. I have no interest in satellite or any other forum.. I have been a GM technician for over 20 years and was just starting to check up on this forum on a regular basis.. Haven't sold or advertised a dang thing I found here, I have no use or time for that..

Any idea how,
or when,
or why, EVERYONE was shut out of the forum?? Has this happened in ANY other forum on this site or was the Garage the first and only for this type of admin decision??

v5uk
16th August, 2010, 07:08 PM
It is bad that we can’t even see posts or even search for the answers in the garage section, I to am a mechanic and have a fair bit of software and info I could share but I can’t, nor can I search for info to help me out.
I don’t have a clue about how to steal cable TV, or play game on a xbox.
Such a shame !!!!!

v5uk
16th August, 2010, 07:12 PM
Perhaps make it open to Forum Supporters?? I'd pay for that, sure. The stuff in the garage is very useful, which is patently obvious given the amount of posts about it.

It's tricky mate I know, as I've already posted if you put valuable or sought after files/information in the public domain it will be abused by the minority - It's a sad fact I'm afraid.

I moderate on a few Automotive forums and I see people come and go all the time and I've also learnt that the usefulness of a member isn't always the number of posts he's made. Some people simply don't want to spend all their time sat on a computer reading fora. A classic example is the Mac OS forum at the moment, one recently joined member posting endless links to software downloads.

IMHO the best option would be to have a moderator for the downloads section and every time an update is posted the thread is closed to keep it clean. Discussion can take place in another thread.

I agree.... I would pay to get in the garage section as long as it wasn’t a arm and a leg

If i make a contribution to the site can i get into the garage??

MBP
16th August, 2010, 07:15 PM
Forum support is ?6 for six months at the moment. I'd sign up today but not if the garage isn't open. That was my main interest area.

Yeah sure I can post in other areas and maybe contribute but I only post if I have something worth saying.

PremierD
16th August, 2010, 07:33 PM
Now that about sums it up mate ...." Forum support is ?6 for six months at the moment. I'd sign up today but not if the garage isn't open."

Not that it would get you in ..but the fact that your attitude is exactly that ..why support it .. when I got it for nothing before ...nice one mate ..

MBP
16th August, 2010, 07:39 PM
Now that about sums it up mate ...." Forum support is ?6 for six months at the moment. I'd sign up today but not if the garage isn't open."

Not that it would get you in ..but the fact that your attitude is exactly that ..why support it .. when I got it for nothing before ...nice one mate ..

You totally missed the point. I come here for the automotive section, I know nothing about cable TV (can't even get it where I live) and I know little about much of the other electronics discussion that goes on here. That's not to say that I don't want to contribute, I just don't know the answers to people's problems.

Automotive is my thing if you like and my point was if it was a case of supporting the forum to keep it open and 'prove' my intent then I would gladly offer that support.

I run a couple of car related websites myself, I know the costs involved and the time it takes to keep these things going.

Don't be so quick to judge people mate.

impactops
16th August, 2010, 07:58 PM
You totally missed the point. I come here for the automotive section, I know nothing about cable TV (can't even get it where I live) and I know little about much of the other electronics discussion that goes on here. That's not to say that I don't want to contribute, I just don't know the answers to people's problems.

Automotive is my thing if you like and my point was if it was a case of supporting the forum to keep it open and 'prove' my intent then I would gladly offer that support.

I run a couple of car related websites myself, I know the costs involved and the time it takes to keep these things going.

Don't be so quick to judge people mate.

He hasn't missed any point.

Admin have made it quite clear, for the moment the garage section is closed you can moan as much as you like but the fact is the owner reserves the right.So consistanly posting with others that your only interested in the garage means that there is no reason for you to be here since it is closed.
You have racked up 11 posts already on this topic what makes you think that they will change there mind, continuing down this path only leads to one thing.

The fact that you claim you run a couple of car related websites means you are not doing a good job at it if you are so persistant in getting access here.If i was the owner i would not want you here cause u would be perceived as a competitor & a threat to the forum with hidden intentions

PremierD
16th August, 2010, 07:59 PM
Mate ...If i was quick to judge you you would be a funny Grey color ...
As for your point ... what point..?
You already made it .. and lets say this never happened ..Of course the first thing on your things to do today would be .. I have to support this place ...mmm Gima break mate .. Anyone apart from you that read your post has the same conclusion as me ...

Now if you run a few car related websites as you say ..then just why are you gracing us with your presence here ..? let me guess .. to give us your
valuable advice .. or maybe leech a few things ,, who knows ...

BTW the 14 posts you have made today I think maybe fall into the category of clocking .. what do you think mate ............Now If I was you I would think very carefully how you answer this ......

thewizardofodds
16th August, 2010, 08:01 PM
I notice most of the people complaining have either just joined and only made a handful of posts or been here a while and still have only made a handful of post but still trying to blag that they have been making loads of helpful posts. Their profiles clearly show that this is not the case

nerwus
16th August, 2010, 08:06 PM
I am really disappointed. Even if I am not writing much, each day people are downloading and using my INPA / DIS video tutorials to start with those tools. They have been downloaded few thousand times so far. I have not post them on my own. But one of the members did this with explicit note that they have been made by me.
I have only few post and high chance to lose the access.
My free time I am using to make new projects in BMW world.

MBP
16th August, 2010, 08:24 PM
As for your point ... what point..?
You already made it .. and lets say this never happened ..Of course the first thing on your things to do today would be .. I have to support this place ...mmm Gima break mate .. Anyone apart from you that read your post has the same conclusion as me ...

I don't come here to leech I come here for advice and to offer advice if I can. Today has been my first look around the forum outside of the Garage, because as I have already made clear I came hear to look at the car stuff. You don't walk into Curry's to buy a telly and think I know I'll spend 20 minutes in the Washing Machines just in case I can help out.

Googling for some information some time ago brought me here, I joined and where possible I have helped and in return I have gleaned information. Nothing contained on the 2 car related websites I run would have been found here, it's not that type of thing and is more aimed at retrofitting or upgrading.

I certainly don't peddle files on eBay or the like, quite frankly I enjoy my freedom too much.

To clarify my reasoning behind the Donation - I think the help and assistance I got from the Garage was well worth donating toward. And as I've said, I don't have any interest in Cable files or the like so it's a little like paying for something you don't need. I get chit chat and general forum fodder from other fora I subscribe too, I like DK for the technical aspects. Is it wrong to be honest about why I'm here?? Maybe you'll even realise I'm a genuine guy trying to help others.

Now if you run a few car related websites as you say ..then just why are you gracing us with your presence here ..? let me guess .. to give us your
valuable advice .. or maybe leech a few things ,, who knows ...

You're a moderator you can view my profile and from that you will be able to view my domain email address. Have a look and then have a look at the websites, you'll quickly see they pose no threat to anything going on here.

BTW the 14 posts you have made today I think maybe fall into the category of clocking .. what do you think mate ..............

I think in general most of my posts today have been constructive and helpful. I have tried to integrate within the community you have here and to look outside the Garage.

And for the record you won't find that I've 'complained' about the Garage being closed, again I feel I've been constructive with comments and replies.

Bottom line is mate, if you don't want me here - Press the button. Nothing I can do about that, otherwise I'll keep looking around to see if I can help and keep checking back to see if I'm lucky enough to get access to the Garage.

Maybe we can put this behind us and move on??

Iroll
16th August, 2010, 08:31 PM
Hi, PremierD
How do DK members report abuse?
Thanks

Bulld0g
16th August, 2010, 08:35 PM
Hi, PremierD
How do DK members report abuse?
Thanks

bottom left of your post under your name is a number of symbol, there's a red triangle with an exclamatiom mark on it, click that.

Qrius
16th August, 2010, 08:39 PM
Looks like http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/buttons/report.gif:smokin:

Pepita
16th August, 2010, 08:50 PM
I am writing a lot, but unfortunately I do not know English well. (It is made from the Google translator)
Dictionary does not make sense, it is a lot of misunderstanding.
I will never collect a sufficient number of posts!
For me it was very important to my job!
I'm sorry that excluded part of the garage!

PremierD
16th August, 2010, 09:03 PM
I don't come here to leech I come here for advice and to offer advice if I can. Today has been my first look around the forum outside of the Garage, because as I have already made clear I came hear to look at the car stuff. You don't walk into Curry's to buy a telly and think I know I'll spend 20 minutes in the Washing Machines just in case I can help out.

Googling for some information some time ago brought me here, I joined and where possible I have helped and in return I have gleaned information. Nothing contained on the 2 car related websites I run would have been found here, it's not that type of thing and is more aimed at retrofitting or upgrading.

I certainly don't peddle files on eBay or the like, quite frankly I enjoy my freedom too much.

To clarify my reasoning behind the Donation - I think the help and assistance I got from the Garage was well worth donating toward. And as I've said, I don't have any interest in Cable files or the like so it's a little like paying for something you don't need. I get chit chat and general forum fodder from other fora I subscribe too, I like DK for the technical aspects. Is it wrong to be honest about why I'm here?? Maybe you'll even realise I'm a genuine guy trying to help others.

You're a moderator you can view my profile and from that you will be able to view my domain email address. Have a look and then have a look at the websites, you'll quickly see they pose no threat to anything going on here.

I think in general most of my posts today have been constructive and helpful. I have tried to integrate within the community you have here and to look outside the Garage.

And for the record you won't find that I've 'complained' about the Garage being closed, again I feel I've been constructive with comments and replies.

Bottom line is mate, if you don't want me here - Press the button. Nothing I can do about that, otherwise I'll keep looking around to see if I can help and keep checking back to see if I'm lucky enough to get access to the Garage.

Maybe we can put this behind us and move on??

Ok mate ,, not the reply I was half expecting ..for which The button would have been pushed ..( heh !your being honest ) so can I be ...Now even if it looks like a climb down from me .. (getting soft I think) Lets just see how the next few days work out ....and leave it like that ...

gmb45
16th August, 2010, 09:18 PM
ciao a come come si fa ad entrare nella sezione garage
English please

PremierD
16th August, 2010, 09:19 PM
ciao a come come si fa ad entrare nella sezione garage
I assume you are denied acess to the garage ...? join the cub then mate .....

Oh and read the stickys ... the're the big red posts at the top ...

PremierD
16th August, 2010, 09:20 PM
Now ..this thread has run its course ... so .... it is no more ...

drakov
16th August, 2010, 09:36 PM
@MBP

I don't come here to leech I come here for advice and to offer advice if I can.

You have been a member for over 8 months, you run 2 automotive based forums, we had over 22,000 threads, I have read your posts and I see 3 posts offering help, are you telling us that that's the best you could do.... really? Think about it long and hard because I expect your next post might just be your last.