PDA

View Full Version : Garage

KenshinPT
16th August, 2010, 03:18 PM
Hi all,

For me, garage is one of the greatest sections in DK.

I'm not happy about this decision but I totally agree with the admins about the harvesting and selling...

I learned a lot by reading those threads and I was also trying to share my few knowledge here.

However, if garage is dead forever I can live with that.

Also, there are other places where you can find lots of garage information - but DK is the greatest so far...

I am waiting for the garage return, or not. :ciao:

sanderb
16th August, 2010, 03:22 PM
There have been more thread's about this subject, is it of any use?

BTW. I totally agree, see here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f7/again-garage-please-explaing-some-moments-154479/index2.html#post729502)

KenshinPT
16th August, 2010, 03:46 PM
I don't think that a couple of "complains" will bring back the garage section.

Garage section will be available again only if admins want to.

Like I said above, I can live with that. Garage was just an hobby for me - I just want to increase my knowledge.

However, I believe that we deserve some respect and be told why some can view it and other can't. That is, the rules should be more specific. I don't want to be in a limbo waiting indefinitely for the return of the garage.

That just my humble opinion.

darty sav
16th August, 2010, 04:09 PM
Hi all,

I'm not happy about this decision but I totally agree with the admins about the harvesting and selling...

I learned a lot by reading those threads and I was also trying to share my few knowledge here.

Also, there are other places where you can find lots of garage information - but DK is the greatest so far...

I think so, and will wait too (just hope it won't be too long)

MBP
16th August, 2010, 04:36 PM
You will always get leachers when you make files available to the public, it's just how it goes i'm afraid.

I will help wherever I can but I don't see that posting for the sake of it makes sense if anything it makes it worse because you end up with a massive thread full of silly comments which then masks the real information.

saba
16th August, 2010, 04:43 PM

Like I said above, I can live with that. Garage was just an hobby for me - I just want to increase my knowledge.

However, I believe that we deserve some respect and be told why some can view it and other can't. That is, the rules should be more specific. I don't want to be in a limbo waiting indefinitely for the return of the garage.

It agree .Sorry do not speak English

georgegt
16th August, 2010, 04:53 PM
They have right ! You whant help withowt helping others ( not helping ... trying ) How many new information you got on it ? You give some information that help other users ? I recognise I whant the dump for OPCOM I whas there manytimes but I don't take it now mi interface is ded I open 10.... version who kill bootloader and mi interface ( china ) is off ... I Know for shorre the version 1.39 was right there but i kant have accesss all of them have right give you a lot of information download + filesharring ..... and you what give back ?
It's right to download sesion to be private and access to it to have who deserv it !
But I have an advantage I not desperated ? I have 3 interfaces oane of them is buyed original and is working with all updates and for the moment she know to make activation on CB
What you whant ? support or download ?

marlon_ricardo
16th August, 2010, 04:54 PM
Well garage (was) one of the best section of the Dk
but admin. rules is admin rules.. for the moment garage is not the best because is not there..

marlon_ricardo
16th August, 2010, 04:57 PM
the people is helping each other but you stop thim.

zaq1
16th August, 2010, 06:38 PM

I fully agree with you

orhancelep2001
16th August, 2010, 07:05 PM

I agree with you.

:slug:

reflexbug
16th August, 2010, 07:05 PM
I want to contribute to make this forum more knowledgeable. To lock newbies out completely seems a little unfair. I understand how there are a lot of leachers out there. But you have to also understand that there is a lot of good information in this forum that is very helpful to those who have an issue with something. You can't expect anyone who comes across a topic on google to sign up and contribute to the forum. That is just how forums are.

That is how I found it and it has helped me tremendously. I have questions I would like to ask and I have answers and insights on questions that others have.

bustech
16th August, 2010, 09:33 PM
I will miss the Garage. There was always great information available and a wealth of knowledge.

As a technician myself, it helped me out. In return I tried to give back.

There are other sources out there, but none better the DK.

rocodou
16th August, 2010, 10:26 PM
am doing well this application does not need to write 25 posts but I have to write the department of posts and there to be useful to talk of the garage

Fahrer
16th August, 2010, 10:48 PM

I concur with the above.

Really sorry to have been locked out of the Garage.
Bought myself an genuine MDI to be able to provide feedback for others thinking about doing the same.

Now I?m sitting in the dark... :(

halo
16th August, 2010, 11:07 PM
Its funny how people understand whats going on and then people think that they understand what is going on. I have personally seen how the majority of people on forums are leechers and therefore the people who control the forums must implant new rules to bring order.

maca
16th August, 2010, 11:09 PM
Its funny how people understand whats going on and then people think that they understand what is going on. I have personally seen how the majority of people on forums are leechers and therefore the people who control the forums must implant new rules to bring order.
well thats 8 posts now :)

Automat
16th August, 2010, 11:13 PM
It just stopped me as well from viewing, I'd sure like to know the reason. The garage/Locksmith section was the only section I used, and it will not be worth visiting the DK site if it's not available.

DJ_Speedy
16th August, 2010, 11:41 PM
And what do we, the newbies, have to do in order to get access to the Garrage section? I just discovered this forum and 10 days later i`m banned from the only section that drawed me to this forum. Why? I didn`t have a chance to "give back".

DDR
16th August, 2010, 11:48 PM
:driver:

garage alive please

barkeenan
17th August, 2010, 12:30 AM
This makes it difficult for newbies to access info that was available only a short while ago. bring back the garage please.

VALDELEY
17th August, 2010, 12:52 AM
GARAGEM PLEASE

Ingenuo68
17th August, 2010, 12:54 AM
I am hungry, with garage missing.
Please let us learn more about motors and other things.:banghead::dontknow::dontknow::banghead::ba nghead::banghead::banghead:

bacala1
17th August, 2010, 01:00 AM
It's the most fantastic place on the net for the professional
hope it comes back soon.:damnmate:

halo
17th August, 2010, 01:14 AM
i don't care about the post count and i have never leeched in my life and now people that run forum sites who must deal with the emials

dlink
17th August, 2010, 02:26 AM
I am hungry, with garage missing.
Please let us learn more about motors and other things.:banghead::dontknow::dontknow::banghead::ba nghead::banghead::banghead:

Why you don't read automotive books to learn, if you really want to?
I don't think the garage section was about learning.

VolvoTechs
17th August, 2010, 03:33 AM
Hope all works out for everyone, The mind is a terrible thing to waste!

thumthums
17th August, 2010, 03:56 AM
Really sorry to have been locked out of the Garage.
Bought myself an genuine MDI to be able to provide feedback for others thinking about doing the same.

Now I?m sitting in the dark... :(

Is your MDI Locked as mine was ? PM. Maybe i can help?

djame
17th August, 2010, 04:00 AM
bonsoir je suis newbis et je suis mecanicien auto et j'aimerais apporter mon aide et etre aider merci

universal technics
17th August, 2010, 04:49 AM
PLZ moderators:
Garage Section is one of the best sections of the Dk.
I feel sorry about closing this section,hope we can restore our great section again.
You can put new rules for this section but it is sorry to close without notify pple here.
Hope you consider about our ask to you.

fukinavit
17th August, 2010, 05:02 AM
I want to contribute to make this forum more knowledgeable. To lock newbies out completely seems a little unfair. I understand how there are a lot of leachers out there. But you have to also understand that there is a lot of good information in this forum that is very helpful to those who have an issue with something. You can't expect anyone who comes across a topic on google to sign up and contribute to the forum. That is just how forums are.

That is how I found it and it has helped me tremendously. I have questions I would like to ask and I have answers and insights on questions that others have.
So true, they tease you in by having google lure you to them, then you find out that it is actually a really good site and start looking around only to find you are kicked out through no fault of your own. should have been just a cut off date to access, not a complete section removal.

Rakof
17th August, 2010, 05:18 AM
I miss, here was a lot of very good information.
but rules are rules.:(

doerrt
17th August, 2010, 06:00 AM
Hi,

I am a little sad that garage was closed.
I have registered at this forum to help me with BMW itself, yet I was Leecher, because I did not get the software up and running.
However, I did not, documented my problems to help other newcomers.
Now I'm back from vacation, probably too late for me to integrate in the forum.

cristi_bv
17th August, 2010, 06:26 AM
Ok,so the garage is now a private section,but what about users like me,i didn't ask for help,i just offerd advice(in vp44 repair topic) and now i am not allowed to use that section.
So what can be done for us?

vw171
17th August, 2010, 07:45 AM
hi! members
Here, we can learn from each other and help each other, garage is a very important part of the forum, do not stop the members of the forum here, or unfair, against the forum charter.

Smac_a
17th August, 2010, 07:50 AM
I agree with most of you guys.
There was also some spam threads and posts, but this is not the way to deal with it. There will always be leechers but most of users try to contribute.

In my humble opinion it's not really fair to just lock garage forum.

Smac_a

steppenwolf
17th August, 2010, 08:15 AM
I agree with most of you guys.
There was also some spam threads and posts, but this is not the way to deal with it. There will always be leechers but most of users try to contribute.

In my humble opinion it's not really fair to just lock garage forum.

Smac_a

And how did you contributed with 12 posts in the eight months? Two of them posted in the last 20 minutes. Just qurious...

Regards.

Smac_a
17th August, 2010, 08:40 AM
I really wonder why 2 posts in 20 minutes! Because I just got from vacation, got couple email from DK threads updates (last week), tried to check...

Look if I could help someone, then I did. It's just that i don't think that the number of post on forum is the right (or only) measure.

No ofense. BTW: was also in Beograd.

Regards,

And how did you contributed with 12 posts in the eight months? Two of them posted in the last 20 minutes. Just qurious...

Regards.

alex_nguyen
17th August, 2010, 08:41 AM
How many post to go in topic The garage ? i have introducted myshelf but it was lost, i can't find my introduction. the garage is important for me but i can't go in topic, i have many question a bout software automotive but now i here waiting T_T

steppenwolf
17th August, 2010, 08:44 AM
I really wonder why 2 posts in 20 minutes! Because I just got from vacation, got couple email from DK threads updates (last week), tried to check...

Look if I could help someone, then I did. It's just that i don't think that the number of post on forum is the right (or only) measure.

No ofense. BTW: was also in Beograd.

Regards,

No offense taken my friend. I also did not mean to offend you but the things is this way right now. No one is not happy with that, believe me.

Hope you had a nice time in BG.

Regards.

M3_Power
17th August, 2010, 08:57 AM
What a shame, but understandable why the moderators have to do it. Hopefully one day it will be reopened again and the wealth of information available again.

dhallett1
17th August, 2010, 09:16 AM
surely by making the garage section private this would make the knowledge base smaller and therefore not benefit anyone?

i have been using this forum for a couple of years and i agree i am not an massive poster but i am happy to pay for the help i recieve because i really appriciate the help that dK members give.

Admin - could you make the garage section a subscribtion section where members cant leech for free but pay as they go?

dominatori
17th August, 2010, 12:45 PM
Ragazzi speriamo che ripristino la sezione

rrob311
17th August, 2010, 02:00 PM
I think the garage was getting too popular with google searches so too many people caught on too quickly and were just downloading. They needed to do something or it would have turned into a place like limewire or something like that.

universal technics
17th August, 2010, 02:27 PM
again i have been sorry to close garage section,but more sorry when i see that it becames private...i believe that moderators commit 3 errors:
1- Close garage infront of us.
2- make it privates for some users.
3- never notify before about rules or any thing like that and i certify it was poor rules in this forum if we compare with other forums...so we had no offense make moderators close it without previous notify.
am really sad but we should deal with new position...
my advice for friends,we should collect our selves again and in a strong way in another forum.they still 2 buggest ones we can use ,and leave that section for private users coz we are being normal users for good moderators.

Dreamer
17th August, 2010, 02:29 PM
no-one is forcing any members to stay on Digital kaos. we have a dedicated base of members who help out on a regular basis. If you are unhappy with the changes then you are free to go elsewhere. If you want to stick around and help out then your input is appreciated

peri
17th August, 2010, 03:44 PM

Hello, I have not been as long as many other here, but of course, my feeling is wholes themselves.

rumka
17th August, 2010, 06:14 PM
no-one is forcing any members to stay on Digital kaos. we have a dedicated base of members who help out on a regular basis. If you are unhappy with the changes then you are free to go elsewhere. If you want to stick around and help out then your input is appreciated

I have understood that is necessary for that what to get on this forum of Thanks for the information. I am ready to help that who needs and I can share the information... What further to me to do as to get? After all it is not so easy to me to understand your statements after all I am in Ukraine.

mesersmith
17th August, 2010, 11:57 PM
it is very true that this section is missing for a lot of people...
back in my contry, i'm e electronist and i'm working in several domains, one of them being alectrical automotive...
so, maybe i can help the colegs in this forum, maybe not, but i think there can be made a set of new rules anti leechers...
i see it in this way...

strda50es
18th August, 2010, 12:52 AM
it is very true that this section is missing for a lot of people...
back in my contry, i'm e electronist and i'm working in several domains, one of them being alectrical automotive...
so, maybe i can help the colegs in this forum, maybe not, but i think there can be made a set of new rules anti leechers...
i see it in this way...
Hi mate.
13 months-3 posts and you claim you want to help your "colegs in this forum"?
I am sorry but i do not understand it.
It seems you remember "garage" section WHEN it is under reconstruction.
No other comment mate.

jofralesa
18th August, 2010, 01:55 AM
Hello
I'm new to forum, I confess I have difficulty putting some posts that it intended in the garage seccion, as I now learn, is an area that will disappear from the forum in the short term.
In fact, it would be my favorite area because work in sports cars, and I think that might even bring some help, it is a pity, unaware of the reasons that led to its disappearance, but if the Masters of the forum so decided, certainly had their reasons ..

Thanks to All

ramirofrancesco
18th August, 2010, 02:54 AM
Hello, my name is Jorge, from Mexico. So, my English is bad but I do my best. Certainly I visited lately a lot the garege because there were a lot of interesting stuff there. So, I was learning. That's great! isn't it? Well, I have an idea. Let's convert this thread in The Public Garage. I know it's funny, but who knows... (Maybe I'll be banned)
Well, I know about this link here:
YouTube - VP44 NPARAWA

Best wishes =?)

flaviolocoo
18th August, 2010, 02:58 AM
:celticparty:THANK DK for the great work, resolved a number SERVICE IN MY OFFICE, THROUGH THE GARAGE
FICO IN WAITING RETURN OK

jalb
18th August, 2010, 03:20 AM
Well, what a surprise, i pass by here and i found the garacge is closed,... anyway this about sharing, and how Jorge from mexico says, lets try to make this, a open garage, lol, anyway i was going to contribute with this, Caterpillar Electronic Technician 2010B , so here is the link MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X1CR5DKD), it's not mine, but i found it and i would like to share, and i would like to know what should WE or I do to get access to the garage once more time.

S.W.A.M.I
18th August, 2010, 05:17 PM
For those of us who may only have joined DK for what the automotive sections have to offer. It certainly seems as though the admins of the forum have taken the stance that only those who upload & post links are contributors.

My only question is: if there will no longer be a medium for those who do not know to ask questions, then how will those that do know be able to share their knowledge?

Evastar
18th August, 2010, 05:18 PM
For those of us who may only have joined DK for what the automotive sections have to offer. It certainly seems as though the admins of the forum have taken the stance that only those who upload & post links are contributors.

My only question is: if there will no longer be a medium for those who do not know to ask questions, then how will those that do know be able to share their knowledge?

That's your opinion and how you see it. Simply posting on the forums and joining in and chatting with other members in the shoutbox is seen as contributing as well, in my opinion. It's not all about posting links.

Ingenuo68
18th August, 2010, 05:40 PM
Why you don't read automotive books to learn, if you really want to?
I don't think the garage section was about learning.

Is about?

I'm not a genius but I read hundred posts and learn about programs, how to work with, etc.

I'm working with engines of Portuguese Navy for 20 years, now changed my location and I will work with trucks and others things of Portuguese Navy - Marines.

Where I go to get especific information?

I discovered DK - garage and others forum, but the best for me is closed without warning.

My proposal is, open a new forum without links to download, if anyone want a link PM to.

( sorry my english is very rusty)

MR_SMITH
18th August, 2010, 07:20 PM
no-one is forcing any members to stay on Digital kaos. If you are unhappy with the changes then you are free to go elsewhere.

It looks like others has done this. a new garage forum

THE RULES SAY NO LINKS TO OTHER SIMILAR FORUMS MATE

PremierD
18th August, 2010, 07:30 PM
Yes mate they Have ... wonder if he will have the PAPAL in this one ......lol

steppenwolf
18th August, 2010, 07:53 PM

Checked it out. One member from DK introduced himself. Do you think that DK members made this web? I would like to know who abended us.

sfvsltd
18th August, 2010, 08:18 PM
no-one is forcing any members to stay on Digital kaos. we have a dedicated base of members who help out on a regular basis. If you are unhappy with the changes then you are free to go elsewhere. If you want to stick around and help out then your input is appreciatedThis is what everyone should be reading instead of whinging about the Garage being closed.
I wasnt a regular contributor by any means but some [well quite a lot to be fair] were just downright taking the piss and it serves everyone right , the gravy train looks like its ran out

Regards

Sfvs

maca
18th August, 2010, 08:21 PM
if you put money in the bank you can always take some out.
if you dont put money in the bank your broke ;)

mesersmith
18th August, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hi mate.
13 months-3 posts and you claim you want to help your "colegs in this forum"?
I am sorry but i do not understand it.
It seems you remember "garage" section WHEN it is under reconstruction.
No other comment mate.

am wrote in another post that i have this account for about one year, and for the reasons that i have already posted, i didn't enter on this forum since...
so, don't be angry with me, that's the true, and you're right about that...

Ingenuo68
18th August, 2010, 11:40 PM
"Garage Members Please Read To all members especially the Garage members, we are getting bogged down with questions regarding members not being able to view the garage Forums. We the staff have for the time being , Deleted some of the Garage sections due to files e.t.c that could endanger the rest of the forum. We are not sure if or when they will/might come back, that will remain to be seen.

If you are a member that has been missing for a week or more, you might have your favorite threads, and if you try to log on to them you will get something like " you don't have these privileges " this does not mean that it has been hidden, it means that it has gone.

Same with Google, Google might show up a link that no longer exists, therefore it will say something on the same lines.

Please all understand that certain garage forums no longer exist, but we will try to keep the basic garage forum going , and hopefully it , maybe in the near future we can get it all back to normal.

We , the staff of Digital-Kaos apologize for the inconvenience , and hope you all understand and try to keep the forum a safe and still growing forum, by being careful what files you upload, and if you need too, please try to link to a file hosting site rather than uploading to Digital-Kaos.

Thank you all for being patient..

Is a Global Announcement posted by AFTERMATH

I will be wait, the solution is simple.
We can't upload directly on DK (I agree totally), only put links to download site.
I wait for New GARAGE Forum on DK:party::top::top:

dlink
19th August, 2010, 12:24 AM
Is about?

I'm not a genius but I read hundred posts and learn about programs, how to work with, etc.

I'm working with engines of Portuguese Navy for 20 years, now changed my location and I will work with trucks and others things of Portuguese Navy - Marines.

Where I go to get especific information?

I discovered DK - garage and others forum, but the best for me is closed without warning.

My proposal is, open a new forum without links to download, if anyone want a link PM to.

( sorry my english is very rusty)

My point is, you cannot run your business depending on a forum.
Yes, I like the garage section but, apparently, some members sold,... what was for free.
I guess is because of the economic crisis, or because of the missing self respect.
I am also banned from the garage , but I believe this continuous whining is not gonna change a thing.
Anyway, good luck in your new career.

starmobile
19th August, 2010, 01:15 AM
Hi all,

hi all, i'm agree with you the garage is very utility for car repair and tips for diagnostic device, software, and links for shopping, or new tools diagnostic information, i'm very sad for this lose, every sunday afternoon i go to DK for news about automotive domain, sorry for my english, i'm french at quebec, canada, good continuation, bye bye.

flyguyvan
19th August, 2010, 06:55 AM
so how do i get into garage? i was in there a few months ago. thanks.

gmb45
19th August, 2010, 06:59 AM
so how do i get into garage? i was in there a few months ago. thanks.
read here---> http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f4/visitors-garage-please-read-154246/#post727073

PremierD
19th August, 2010, 07:01 AM
When you can see it mate ... then you can access it ... still undergoing maintenance ...

Fercse01
19th August, 2010, 08:29 AM
Szia!
Nagyon hasznos ez az oldal ?s sok ?r?met okoz a szeg?nyebb orsz?gok ?rdeklődő embereinek.Tov?bbi sok sikert k?v?nok !Fercse01

westkill
19th August, 2010, 08:34 AM
Szia!
Nagyon hasznos ez az oldal ?s sok ?r?met okoz a szeg?nyebb orsz?gok ?rdeklődő embereinek.Tov?bbi sok sikert k?v?nok !Fercse01

yep exactly right lol

PremierD
19th August, 2010, 08:41 AM
lol lol lol

MR_SMITH
19th August, 2010, 09:35 AM
no I do not see any ,
they just have a paypal donate like we have here.
Is it wrong to join this new forum? I have, but I do not want to upset

PremierD
19th August, 2010, 09:59 AM
What can I say mate ..............

cyanide
19th August, 2010, 10:02 AM
Can I get access by donating? I am a student and mainly used the garage forum for getting access to books and materials that would cost thousands of dollars even for studying and learning. I built my car using some of the knowledge gained here, only the second build in my country of this type (ITBs). The other one was done by a big tuning shop and 3-5x the money that I spent.

PremierD
19th August, 2010, 10:14 AM
Listen mate ... nothing on this forum can be bought ....its all free
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f7/garage-154704/index5.html#post733899

Its under MAINTENANCE...

cyanide
19th August, 2010, 10:18 AM
Hmm ok. Thanks for the reply. Wasn't an offer to buy access, sorry if you thought of it that way.

sanek2xlc
19th August, 2010, 10:26 AM
Explain, garrage closed, or access only to VIP users, or to get a certain number of posts

rumka
19th August, 2010, 10:49 AM
I ask you to explain as to get to the given branch if it is possible on more in detail and what criteria of selection. And each moderator treats that on the, I have already got confused that for this purpose is necessary?

strda50es
19th August, 2010, 09:02 PM
I ask you to explain as to get to the given branch if it is possible on more in detail and what criteria of selection. And each moderator treats that on the, I have already got confused that for this purpose is necessary?
Listen friend.
The DigitalKaos garage forum, wich is the best for what it represents worldwide, is under reconstruction and most of all under the "cleaning" procedure, from people who all these years were getting profited from and they were selling others solutions to their customers.
As you can see, it is STILL here with NO secret or private garage sections, with members still beleive in it.
So be patient until it finishes and come back stronger than ever.
IF for any reason it will NOT, i will be the first to go away from ,BUT with the BEST memories and GREAT friends from here and with GREAT gaining of knoledge cause this is the "place where blind people finally see light".
So we must all stay "tuned" and see what will(soon i hope) happen.

gmb45
19th August, 2010, 09:20 PM
read here---> Digital Kaos - Announcements in Forum : Forum Feedback and Suggestions (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f7/announcement-garage-members-please-read.html)
and read here---> http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f4/visitors-garage-please-read-154246/#post727073
vips can only see what rest of you can see, when the maintenance is finished we will all be able to see the same and what admin wants us to see, end off.

sova
19th August, 2010, 10:21 PM
Hello all.
I am from Russia. An auto mechanic for trucks. Garage Forum helps me in my work.
Unfortunately I was not able to give something, as I have or outdated information or not at all. My finances do not allow me to buy the latest software or repair manuals, so I had nothing to please the other visitors. But I was always grateful to those who shared something with others.
It turns out once I have nothing to give I can not use the forum?
Am I right?
I am sorry for bad English.
Thank you.

inflatable_raft
19th August, 2010, 11:29 PM
Hi,

I found the garage section about two months through google when I was searching for specific problem. OK, I did not find the solution for my problem here (but so far also nowhere else in the net), but was suprised about the automotive software available here.

Yes, somehow I was a leecher, as I downloaded two or three software package updates for software which I had in use as older versions, but did only one post in the month I was here. But I just was in the phase of discovering what was available here and what of that may be useful for me: I have only very special interests.

Due to that very special interest I was not really able to help or post very much here, as I was mostly reading in the old threads. Maybe I'm someone of the old school, first searching, reading and trying to find a solution before asking a question in the forum which was answered somewhere ealier.

So I'm not one from the members who post a question that then gets the anwer "use the search function, this was already asked and answered in past", I search (and find) before asking.
But on the other side, if the decision about access to a forum is made by the number of posts: yes, then this way to use the forum is the bad way (of course only from my point of view)

I also can understand your point of view, if you now will say: yes of course, that is just what a leecher or lurker will write as an apologize. Maybe you are right with this - even I for myself don't know. A month or two is a too short time to know, and I was here only once a week or so.

On the other hand I also realized the problems of the garage:
- I wondered how most of this software could be available here, as most was not legal here but easy to find in the forum through google. But, when reading in older posts the result was clear: most links were dead. The backside of the public visibility.
- And, if the moderators write that software was downloaded here and then sold on serveral pages: I can understand that moderators are upset about that. For the software I'm "working" with I had also some offers of copied software on several suspicious sites ... but I would never buy them as I know from where this copies are.

Fortunately I'm not earning money with the software, for me it is only hobby.

fatboy63
19th August, 2010, 11:48 PM
to those who are locked out of the garage consider yourself lucky if you got some free stuff great for being in the right place at the right time if you still have access to the garage be careful you are being watched IMHO the shakedown is to filter out the main players dk may have sold-out some of it's members due to legal terms again this is only my opinion

satsmo
19th August, 2010, 11:51 PM
You are entitled to your opinion but it is not a shakedown? The section is under maintenance and until then every member has been informed via numerous posts, threads and sticky announcement.

fabian
20th August, 2010, 01:33 AM
You are entitled to your opinion but it is not a shakedown? The section is under maintenance and until then every member has been informed via numerous posts, threads and sticky announcement.
Well, I do not question at all the measures taken by the managers of the Forum. I have particularly benefited from this forum, without putting even put a single post for helping others. I hope that when my account is credited, then I can bring something interesting that might help others.

Greetings to all!!!

rumka
20th August, 2010, 08:28 AM
Listen friend.
The DigitalKaos garage forum, wich is the best for what it represents worldwide, is under reconstruction and most of all under the "cleaning" procedure, from people who all these years were getting profited from and they were selling others solutions to their customers.
As you can see, it is STILL here with NO secret or private garage sections, with members still beleive in it.
So be patient until it finishes and come back stronger than ever.
IF for any reason it will NOT, i will be the first to go away from ,BUT with the BEST memories and GREAT friends from here and with GREAT gaining of knoledge cause this is the "place where blind people finally see light".
So we must all stay "tuned" and see what will(soon i hope) happen.
I thank you for understanding and for the help in an explanation then it is necessary me to wait when there will be "miracle".

strda50es
20th August, 2010, 08:52 AM
to those who are locked out of the garage consider yourself lucky if you got some free stuff great for being in the right place at the right time if you still have access to the garage be careful you are being watched IMHO the shakedown is to filter out the main players dk may have sold-out some of it's members due to legal terms again this is only my opinion
Hi mate.
Sorry to tell you that you are bit confused.
Mate NO ONE is LOCKED OUT.
I mean no one can see the garage section cause it simply is under RECONSTRUCTION mate.
I hope it will be back soon again and be sure that when it is it will be stronger than ever.
Best wishes mate.

pop_m
20th August, 2010, 11:05 AM
barelly wait to see the new form of the garrage
Joined DK just a couple of months ago, especially for the garage zone, and learned lots of things from there. Tried also to give (a small thing, tried to somehow centralize infos about immo and centralized lock on Opel cars) hope I'll manage to finish that thread afterwards.

steppenwolf
20th August, 2010, 05:10 PM
My signature says it all you need to know about DK and garage.

spiria
20th August, 2010, 06:54 PM
How can i see garage? You will explain to me please very accessible.

strda50es
20th August, 2010, 07:41 PM
Yes friend you can .
It is here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f7/visitors-garage-please-read-154248/

lexa-dok
20th August, 2010, 08:59 PM
create button "I AGREE"

georgegt
20th August, 2010, 11:06 PM
Stylllll don't close this trearh
Is so hard to understand to access the garage section you must to demonstrate that you deserve and they must to aproove
No one will enter to the Garage before deserve:musicus:

sapopt
21st August, 2010, 01:08 AM
Hello all.
I am from Russia. An auto mechanic for trucks. Garage Forum helps me in my work. . Um mec?nico de autom?veis . Garagem Forum me ajuda no meu trabalho.
Unfortunately I was not able to give something, as I have or outdated information or not at all. My finances do not allow me to buy the latest software or repair manuals, so I had nothing to please the other visitors. But I was always grateful to those who shared something with others.
Am I right?

Thank you.

bob carr
21st August, 2010, 02:30 AM
Good day everybody'
I am new here, for the last two weeks since the garage section closed (or not accessible).
have been read lot of about the G section. until now I still confuse.
can some on tell me please, is the G section is close for good? or available only for some members ???
many thanks.

Kaymanvw
21st August, 2010, 10:45 AM
Garage is one of the greatest sections in DK,
return garage,please!!!!!!!!!!

racin-snake
21st August, 2010, 11:03 AM
can we not give the admin a week or so to sort the section out before rushing to conclusions about whats gone and whats not ?
its a full time job for some of these guys at the moment
be patient await an outcome before asking for the fix ?
give them time to get the lid on and see where it goes

good things come to those who wait

just give a bit of slack then we can then ask questions

have you ever tried to repair a car with the owner hanging over your shoulder ?
well i liken it to that
give the guys some room then noone gets the wrong ideas or gets in the way
help the guys out please ?????

critix
21st August, 2010, 12:41 PM
Welcome

I'm terribly sorry that it did Garrage private forum.
But that decision and the moderator must follow.

From this forum, I managed to learn to bring me my machine improvements, and other two friends. They helped me so much information found on this forum.
II as the forum did not helped too ... This may not really know English ... (Now use Google).
But we can say we helped a lot of people in town where ... and other forums in romania.
Let me know if you can, what should we do to access this forum again ....

Thanks

Keithuk
21st August, 2010, 02:43 PM
I will miss the Garage. There was always great information available and a wealth of knowledge.

As a technician myself, it helped me out. In return I tried to give back.

There are other sources out there, but none better the DK.

Garage is one of the greatest sections in DK,
return garage,please!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't agree more. The Garage forum has helped me out tremendously I really miss it. Please bring it back? ;)

gtchoryk
21st August, 2010, 09:39 PM
Hello DK members,

I'm a tech in chicago, il and DK garage forum was a tremendous help to me, and I can only hope that it will continue to be. I just wanted to thank all that contributed to the forum. Its a two way street give and thou shall receive.

Thanks Again,

steppenwolf
22nd August, 2010, 10:03 AM

You have everything to know on my signature mate.

But once and for all... Can we stop talking about garage for some time. We can post as much as we can but that won't change a DK heads decision about the garage.

I must say that mods have a plenty of patience with this "garage" threads and posts. I would close all the threads concerning this question.

You have all the answers in the sticky`s.

Let`s just give them all a break and a time to do the work. I am sure that the things will be more clear very soon.

drakov
22nd August, 2010, 10:27 AM
I am sure that the things will be more clear very soon.
There is an old saying, "give them enough rope and they will hang themselves" .....

Ingenuo68
22nd August, 2010, 10:56 AM
Hello all.
I am from Russia. An auto mechanic for trucks. Garage Forum helps me in my work. . Um mec?nico de autom?veis . Garagem Forum me ajuda no meu trabalho.
Am I right?

Thank you.
Sapopt please change your country.
You are portuguese.

Ingenuo68
22nd August, 2010, 11:01 AM
You have everything to know on my signature mate.

But once and for all... Can we stop talking about garage for some time. We can post as much as we can but that won't change a DK heads decision about the garage.

I must say that mods have a plenty of patience with this "garage" threads and posts. I would close all the threads concerning this question.

You have all the answers in the sticky`s.

Let`s just give them all a break and a time to do the work. I am sure that the things will be more clear very soon.
I agree, but our we could make opinions about what we like on new G forum, may be, we give to moderaator any good idea to
use on.

For new member, or for first time on thread.
Please read all thread and see links, and post after.

Xaver
22nd August, 2010, 03:02 PM
I can understand, that the admins are not happy about people, who try to get the knowledge of others and than sell it. But a closed garage forum will not stop them. These people will find other sources to get what they want.
But if the garage section will kept closed, the knowledge will not be spread anymore and wont grow as fast as before ether. The Forum will remain in small circle of people who will have access to the garage section.
In my small opinion that's not they best way to let the forum grow.
Let the givers decide, if they want to share even with those leachers or sellers. If they don't want to, they don't need to upload or give access to the download.
Consider something else too. Not each person who downloads can post some help to others instantly. Sometimes they need time to get experience with the things they got here. But I am sure, when they got help here easily and without obstacles most of them will share their experience later here too.
Regards,
Xaver

georgegt
22nd August, 2010, 03:11 PM
Isn't a small circle even you can be there all you need is patience and share your knowledge helping others

impactops
22nd August, 2010, 03:50 PM
But I am sure, when they got help here easily and without obstacles most of them will share their experience later here too.

I think you are a perfect example of why Admin has decided to make the decision they have.You say people will share there experiences too, but yet you have joined in Feb and your first post is to express your opinion as to why Admin have made these changes.So from Feb until now you have made no contribution to the forum other than expressing you disatisfaction of the changes that have been made.

Know one is holding anybody too ransom from what i can see, if people dont agree with these decissions then people can move on if they like, cause as you can see no amount of opinions expressed in posts will deviate Admin from whatever they have planned

obdmaster
22nd August, 2010, 08:45 PM
I prefered it a closed shop, but everyone has different opinions.

Only time will tell the future of the garage. I will miss Automotive software, but i understand why its gone.

I wont be going anywhere else though, like some other garage forums. Dk,s the garage is the best.

I will be sticking with my friends on Digital Kaos.

Xaver
23rd August, 2010, 05:28 AM
@georgegt
@impactops
I would share my small knowlegde if someone posts a question I can answer and that isn't answered by the pro's here before.
I don't like to take part of senseless discussions like such in which members are insulted.
Do these post count anyway?
Regards,
Xaver

obdmaster
23rd August, 2010, 05:39 AM
@georgegt
@impactops
I would share my small knowlegde if someone posts a question I can answer and that isn't answered by the pro's here before.
I don't like to take part of senseless discussions like such in which members are insulted.
Do these post count anyway?
Regards,
Xaver

So basically your not an "active member" m8.

Xaver
23rd August, 2010, 10:13 AM
Do you really mean that is is better to insult others to get more posts and pretend to be active than to stay quiet?
I here offer my help and will give it if I can.
Xaver

obdmaster
23rd August, 2010, 12:33 PM
Do you really mean that is is better to insult others to get more posts and pretend to be active than to stay quiet?
I here offer my help and will give it if I can.
Xaver

M8, Im not saying insult others just be an active member m8, i can see youve posted about your vas which is good keep up the participation m8.

leoni71
23rd August, 2010, 12:36 PM
do not posts : vcds 805 reprogramming?:egg:

Xaver
23rd August, 2010, 03:32 PM
@obdmaster
Thanks.

george955
23rd August, 2010, 03:33 PM
hello
I find this site especially GARAGE very rewarding and there apprent great thing especially that there are very competent persson
and are close to you help
can only say bravo

OndraMarkow
29th August, 2010, 05:05 PM
Hi, I read the whole topic and the rules of this site ... but I never knew exactly what happened with the garage and what are the conditions for entry into this section ... Can someone please just write / explain? somehow makes me all dizzy ... and section garage was very important for me in terms of advice on cars ... I'm sorry for my bad English .. Thank you

gtbmgq
29th August, 2010, 06:47 PM
The garage section is closed beacause some people take files, but never said thinks to the posters.

So the moderators became angree of that.

Now I thinks that we just have to wait & see.

strda50es
30th August, 2010, 04:51 PM
The garage section is closed beacause some people take files, but never said thinks to the posters.

Mate i am sorry but do you really mean what you say?
Cause what you say indicates that you were never here or this is one of your 752 nicknames here in DK.
Correct me if i am wrong.

smirnoff_rules
30th August, 2010, 05:01 PM

the garage isnt closed ? the s/w is the only thing removed and u have google for that http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/index.php

DaWayne
2nd September, 2010, 05:22 PM
Hmm.. normally i'm a quiet reader cause I often have no answers to the questions and my english is noch very good, but i don't like the decision because the garage is/was very good! damn -.-

Dreamer
3rd September, 2010, 02:18 AM
Hmm.. normally i'm a quiet reader cause I often have no answers to the questions and my english is noch very good, but i don't like the decision because the garage is/was very good! damn -.-

The garage section is open. If you cannot find what you are looking for in the garage section here....http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f149/then it is not available on the forum....... this thread is now CLOSED