PDA

View Full Version : computer to tv

briangoo
16th August, 2010, 07:27 PM
hi all since my eurovox has finished i cant watch footy on tv. but on my p2p you can watch it on the comp so which lead do i need to do the job
:coffin::willy::thrasher:

Canker_Canison
16th August, 2010, 07:36 PM
That would depend on your PC & the tv you want to use.

If it's a flash new PC & Tv then you might be able to use HDMI.

But most likely you'll just need a VGA to VGA cable (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5M-Male-Female-VGA-SVGA-PC-TFT-LCD-Extension-Cable-/280527438088?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL). If the tv will accept it.

thewizardofodds
16th August, 2010, 07:39 PM
or if its really old you will need a pc with a vidoe card that video out and connect to tv via scart or svideo.
What connections do you have on tv?

briangoo
16th August, 2010, 07:49 PM
my comp is around 6 years old my tv is a 32 inch accoustic solutions hd ready tv less than 1 year old with av, scart & hdmi outlets. does that help ??? my tv doesn't have the vga port as mentioned above

thewizardofodds
16th August, 2010, 08:07 PM
my comp is around 6 years old my tv is a 32 inch accoustic solutions hd ready tv less than 1 year old with av, scart & hdmi outlets. does that help ??? my tv doesn't have the vga port as mentioned above
:coffin::willy::thrasher::rock:

what outpouts does your pc vidoe card have on it? Does it have hdmi or even video out? If not you can get a video card with hdmi out really cheap these days

briangoo
16th August, 2010, 08:12 PM
forget it it keeps freezing i think its time to bite the bullet & get a dreambox :coffin:

Itsme
16th August, 2010, 08:31 PM
Recently tried this with my computer and tv. To try and skip the burning to disk step as this takes a fair bit of time.

computer vid card has svideo out tv (old philips crt) has rca in but dvd recorder has svideo. Connected PC svideo out to DVD recorder svideo in but then remembered that svideo is video only so then had to connect PC sound out to dvd recorder as well.

Video card recognised the TV alright so I cloned the display in order to watch a film I had on PC. But then had a devil of a time adjusting the picture to fit on tv screen. Sound was a bit distorted so gave up in the end and just transcoded the avi and burnt to disk.

Have heard there are wireless units that can send to tv but I know nothing about these.

Has anyone any experience of thes wireless units?

tooseyman
17th August, 2010, 10:17 PM
A lot of tv's can be used as monitors,my Hitachi tv is about 5 years old and works fine on my new Dell laptop using lead that came with tv.

jonesy118
17th August, 2010, 10:27 PM
As has been said above really. either a VGA to VGA or a HDMI or DVI type connection. I've recently been running myp2p streams on 32" Bravia.

On my laptop (circa 5 years old) I use the VGA output and it seems a decent enough picture on sopcast streams upwards of 500kbps.