PDA

View Full Version : NISSAN CONSULT3 PROGRAMMING

Wolfpack
16th August, 2010, 09:58 PM
Hello i am using a consult 3 and downloaded ( i'm bad) the nissan programming files. My questions are can the programming disk be used on North American Nissan's? if so after installing do you need to burn it to a disk? Consult 3 see's what installed but when i tried to program a 2000 altima it don't see the ecu.Could it be cause the files are for Europe nissan's only? Consult 3 has no problem connecting to the car for Diagnostic. The ver software i'm using is 9.14 and the VI was bought from SPX

themime
23rd August, 2010, 12:25 AM
Consult III isn't able to reprogram that vehicle. You would have to use Consult-II with it. Consult-III will primarily only reprogram 07+ Nissans. C-II is used for the older stuff.

Wolfpack
23rd August, 2010, 07:38 PM
I tried to see if it would program a 08 Altima and the screen is always blank and it said no response from the ecu. Does that mean it need to see the proper ecu file before it will show anything?

sukkamotton
23rd August, 2010, 08:03 PM
hello can some one help on the steps to reprogramming.

themime
24th August, 2010, 09:16 AM
I tried to see if it would program a 08 Altima and the screen is always blank and it said no response from the ecu. Does that mean it need to see the proper ecu file before it will show anything?

Yes, you have to have the proper ecu files before you can update. If you have the files and and it still doesn't show up that usually means that the ECU is already has the latest software. Also make sure when reprogramming that you have the usb cable connected directly to the VI. It is not recommended to reprogram over wireless.

themime
24th August, 2010, 09:24 AM
hello can some one help on the steps to reprogramming.

Generally, what you have to do to reprogram the ECU is (this is from memory here, use the balloon help to get the exact button)

After connecting to the vehicle you will come to a screen that has two large buttons on it. The top button is for REPAIR and will diagnose the vehicle. The lower button is for Reprogramming and NATS functions. Before doing any type of Reprogramming you MUST have the security card installed in the machine. Otherwise you won't be able to do any reprogramming. Same with the NATS features, you can't do anything with them without the NATS keycard installed in the computer.

From there its just a matter of selecting the reprogramming function and verifying that there is reprogramming data available. Not all vehicles will show anything up because they generally don't have updates, or have already been updated by someone else.

Wolfpack
24th August, 2010, 04:08 PM
I follow the screen but then it shows nothing. I have the type B card installed but it must be cause the files are for euro cars.