PDA

View Full Version : Build your own PC Guide - Step by Step

rdenis
17th August, 2010, 05:04 AM
Anyone who is looking to build there own desktop PC for the first time will find this following step by step guide invaluable. I used it the first time I decided to build my own PC (I was terrified). But after following this guide I learned how easy it was and saved myself easily hundreds of dollars over buying at retail - since then, I have built a dozen or so systems. The fellow (Rob Williams) who maintains the site and guide constantly updates the guide for new hardware and even gives pricing and links for where to buy.

BTW - I am a an accountant in real life so the only technical requirement necessary is the ability to read, LOL!

It is an awesome resource.

My Super PC - Build A Computer - Build A PC - How To Build Your Own Affordable, Quality, Fast Computer!! Free Online Guide To Make Computer Building Easy (http://www.mysuperpc.com/)

tooseyman
17th August, 2010, 10:24 PM
Building a computer is much easier than most people think. It's just a matter of selecting the components and plugging them all together lol

rdenis
19th August, 2010, 07:45 PM
I agree but when you've never done it before it can be intimidating. But its definitely worth doing in terms of saving some money.

MYTO8
19th August, 2010, 10:23 PM
That guide is quite good.
As long as you do you reseach and check that all componets are compatible is quite easy. If you dont quite get it right it can affect the performance.
I found matching the correct ram speed to the processor manufactuers recommended brand and specs makes a huge difference. Dont skip on cooling and power supply make sure it is capable of handling any future upgrade.

gtpilot
20th August, 2010, 03:29 AM
I've built many systems, however, if your looking into a budget system or low end, I've never been able to match the price and quality of the bargain busters at the electronics stores (and thats before value or cost of an operating system is considered). For a higher end system, spec each detail and it kicks butt. And for an even more custom look have your case vinyl wrapped at a graphics store.