- Making Pure Corn Whiskey - A Professional Guide for Amateur Distillers
- Mead-Making Tutorial
- Monzerts Practical Distiller
- Oak Composition and Maturation Influence
- The Art of Distillation
- The Miraculous Polypipe Still

boothuk
20th September, 2010, 01:17 PM
I always have the preconception that home made ale will taste of piss...

Anyone ever tried it (Homebrew not piss that is!)

HARLIE2510
23rd September, 2010, 10:12 PM
I USED TO MAKE IT AND AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND STUFF I MADE A PILSNER LAGER THATS THE EASIEST TO START AND IT WAS A BIT LIKE BUD AND MILLER WELL DRINKABLE

xant14
23rd September, 2010, 10:27 PM
Not bad attachment mate. A bit long winded and full of crap, but some useful information within the pdf's.
I dabbled a while ago and got some very strong stuff, very very strong.. probably 75%+

I stopped doing it coz my still was made from an aluminium pressure cooker.. idealy for the job, but I heard ally wasn't right, copper or SS only.
I ended up using what I made for my car washer bottle.
I am on the look out for a 22cm stainless vessel now. or copper.

atetruckrepair
17th November, 2010, 03:49 PM
nice post i was looking for a way to build a still to make some hard cider thank's Bill:congrats:

daithi
17th November, 2010, 06:05 PM
cheers mate any idea where part two might be found

cablefreejunkie
17th November, 2010, 10:59 PM
I always have the preconception that home made ale will taste of piss...

Anyone ever tried it (Homebrew not piss that is!)

your own piss is very good for you so im told

jif
21st November, 2010, 10:23 AM
heres part 2 forgot about it sorry

jif
21st November, 2010, 10:29 AM
and the last part

peacocksuit
13th February, 2011, 10:42 PM
cool :). Try jimsbeerkit its a forum. google it.

enterprise1701
1st June, 2011, 05:55 PM
when we were kids my dad used to brew gallons of the stuff..
HE ALWAYS REFERED TO IT AS 3PP--THREE PINTS AND PISSED..
i remember it was bloody powerfull stuff..
MILD..
BITTER..
LAGER..
STOUT..
AND DONT GET HIM GOING ON WINES..
any thing he found could be turned into wine..
dandilions,,nettles,,beetroot,, you name it..

wetdog
1st June, 2011, 05:59 PM
I USED TO MAKE IT AND AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND STUFF I MADE A PILSNER LAGER THATS THE EASIEST TO START AND IT WAS A BIT LIKE BUD AND MILLER WELL DRINKABLE

Bud and Miller = tastes like p1ss

Stella all the way :pepsi:

mick.

Baldy Bob
5th August, 2011, 12:06 AM
Years ago i used to do strong lager and guinness, used to have two plastic kegs on the go always, but just got bored in doing it, easier to pop to the offies and get 4 cans of strong cider for 2 quid, cleanliness was key to a successful batch if i remember correctly

john2112
27th August, 2011, 06:52 AM
1. Toss the oranges into the Ziploc bag. 2. Open the can of fruit cocktail and dump it into the bag, along with your own emotional cocktail of nihilism, depression and crippling boredom. 3. Mash them furiously, feeling the anger of being unjustly sentenced to hellish bourgeois existence of cable television and suburban shopping malls.4. Squeeze in
http://blacktable.com/images/0309pics/pruno/mashitup.jpg a state of frenzied self-involvement.

==============
(http://games.9q9q.net/)

smok3y666
27th August, 2011, 09:38 AM
I make my own beer the proper way using malted grain and hops, comes out very good and a lot better than the syrup malt that comes in the tins. I also make my own spirits using a sugar wash, distilled through a Still Spirits Air Still which I got from fleabay for ?80 which produces 0.7 litres @ 60% which you then water down to 40%, filter through activated carbon, and then add a flavour of your choice to make 1 litre. The beer works out at approx 25-30p per pint and the spirits I think work out at around ?3 per 1 litre bottle.

daithi
19th July, 2012, 11:49 AM
bumping this vital info for dk pts

super jumbe
19th July, 2012, 03:59 PM
**** know what went wrong, I mite have over brewed it or it may have got contaminated.

Unless you know what you are doing otherwise few years ago, I and my friends ended in intensive care unit costing the tax payers thousands. :banghead: :banghead:

gizmo.1484
19th July, 2012, 10:01 PM
**** know what went wrong, I mite have over brewed it or it may have got contaminated.

Unless you know what you are doing otherwise few years ago, I and my friends ended in intensive care unit costing the tax payers thousands. :banghead: :banghead:

Does everything you and your m8's do.....Always go wrong???
I,m glad i don,t know you... as i might have been hit by your m8s car or B&Q trolley or even worse spent a night in isu next to you lol...

maca
19th July, 2012, 10:03 PM

Did he die i do hope so :)

gejohn
22nd August, 2012, 12:01 AM
I really wish it were possible to make something akin to a nice left bank red Bordeaux. Sadly, will just have to keep paying big Euros for it.:mad:

hunslet ramone
1st September, 2012, 06:12 PM
Best Beer or Larger from kits, i would say is Boots , follow the instructions but Substitute half of the sugar with 1 tin Lyons syrup , use the large 4pint plastic PET bottles. Leave it in the bottles for 6 weeks , chill in fridge. Best beer kit for me, and i have made just about all the other beer kits. Not seen Boots Larger for a while now, as i only make wine these days , as it's a lot easier to make , as i usually just make a gallon a time. Seem to make Ribena wine of late.

fcukbcfc
29th November, 2012, 06:56 AM
Not bad attachment mate. A bit long winded and full of crap, but some useful information within the pdf's.
I dabbled a while ago and got some very strong stuff, very very strong.. probably 75%+

I stopped doing it coz my still was made from an aluminium pressure cooker.. idealy for the job, but I heard ally wasn't right, copper or SS only.
I ended up using what I made for my car washer bottle.
I am on the look out for a 22cm stainless vessel now. or copper.
buy a smart still works a treat so easy.

12345guy12345
29th November, 2012, 12:17 PM
my dad made gallons off it when i was a kid, you can get the tinned stuff from asda he always sterilised his brewing bin and syphoning tube before every batch and when he was syphoning from the bin to bottles he would allways put two spoon off suger in each bottle before syphoneing in to them,it was like a brewery on bottling day,i used to nick it as a kid and me and my mates would and drink it out the way, used to blow your head off but didnt taste that nice

shaperguy
16th December, 2012, 11:59 PM
I made beer a few years back with a kit. It included a video tape that explained that you must sanitize the entire kitchen or area with 1/4 cup of bleach in a gallon of water mixture. Otherwise something other than the yeast would grow and spoil the operation. All bottles were placed in boiling water along with caps a week or so later before bottling. Beer came out very nice!

aventix3
31st December, 2012, 10:22 PM
Cheapest beer kits around here are at Morrisson's. The chap in the Homebrew shop says that he can't compete.

gvhall
5th January, 2013, 02:03 AM
That's just gross.