PDA

View Full Version : i tunes update

cablefreejunkie
17th August, 2010, 10:01 PM
hi,wondered if anyone can help,,,recently i was prompted to update i tunes,,im running xp pro,,,once updated i tunes would not open,kept getting error message saying a file was missing,,,i have searched the net over and over and found lots of different reasons and fixes,,but none have worked,i ended up going to a site where you can install any previous version of i tunes,,this fixed the problem,,,but soon i shall have an i phone 4 which will need me to have the latest i tunes on my pc to register the phone etc,,,can anyone shed any light on the issues im having please
cheers

enigmas
12th September, 2010, 02:04 PM
Hi mate, to be able to help you with your issue, you must provide more information like, what was your previous version, before update, to which version you have update it, what SP do you have on your XP, did you tried a clean installation of the iTunes?

cablefreejunkie
5th November, 2010, 11:00 PM
i got i tunes to work eventually,,i have had version 10 for a while now but today i got the same problem again,,,open i tunes and i get an error message saying a file is missing,,,,how can a file be missing ? ive been using it for a while now with no issues
i have just uninstalled 6 apple applications from add/remove prog in control panel re booted re installed i tunes and exactly the same message
i just done the above 3 times and still getting the same message
i got xp pro sp3
im really pi++ed off with i tunes,,,it works correctly for a little time and then bingo more issues and its always the same issues,,,,,,file missing cant open
can anyone help me out please

cablefreejunkie
6th November, 2010, 11:25 AM
when you say this software might help,,,do you mean this will rectify problems when i do a simple command like open i tunes and i get an error message,,,,,if im running this software alongside i tunes it will sort out issues within i tunes ?

Tvjunky
27th December, 2010, 09:27 AM
When you update itunes the itune icon's are replaced with new ones during the update process, After update delete the old none functioning icon and use the new. your itune will now work ok.