PDA

View Full Version : Turn iPod Touch Into iPhone By Apple Peel 520

BlueSky_soso
19th August, 2010, 03:04 AM
If your ever wished that your ipod Touch could make a call, then it quite possible now. A 22 year old Chinese developer from the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen was able to invent such device which turns iPod Touch into iPhone. It is called Apple Peel 520. It is comprised of a case that fits around the outside of Apple***8217;s iPod Touch. Apple Peel 520 contains a battery, dock connector and SIM card that allows voice calls.While the iPod touch wasn't designed to make cellular phone calls, it would be pretty cool if you could turn iPod Touch into an iPhone.
The folks over at Yosion seem to think that they can, with a product cheekily dubbed Apple Peel 520. It's powered by an Infineon baseband chip, and offers voice calling and text messaging services by allowing you to fit a regular SIM card into it, though you'll probably need to jailbreak the device in order to get the necessary applications in. Aside from granting the device cellular connectivity, the device also doubles up as an 800mAh battery that gives the iPod touch an additional 4.5 hours of talk time, or 120 hours of standby time.The price of the Apple Peel 520 is only from $44 to $74 which is far cheaper compared to an iPod Touch which is around $235 and the iPhone at around $588 ***8211; $740.
The Apple Peel illustrates the evolution of China***8217;s massive ***8220;shanzhai,***8221; or black market, phone industry. Shenzhen has been known for being a place for production of copycat mobile phones and other devices, which are sold at lower prices and often with more localized functionality than global brands.
resources***65306;
(http://www.softwarebbs.com/wiki/Turn_iPod_Touch_Into_iPhone_By_Apple_Peel_520)

jc69817
18th November, 2010, 11:01 PM
just ordered one of the new version of this will post on here as to how well it works or not as the case may be
?52.35p if anyone is interested sinadeal.com
:manuscarf:

fijiman
21st November, 2010, 08:44 PM
just ordered one of the new version of this will post on here as to how well it works or not as the case may be
?52.35p if anyone is interested sinadeal.com
:manuscarf:

Your not going to impress the girls when they find out you couldn't afford an iPhone.
:reddy::wavey::wavey:

mini
24th November, 2010, 10:07 AM
YouTube - apple peel 520 preview from Pandawill.com

jc69817
25th November, 2010, 06:35 PM
Your not going to impress the girls when they find out you couldn't afford an iPhone.
:reddy::wavey::wavey:

I can more than afford it but I just like gadgets
plus I dont think the missus and kids would be too impressed if I was trying to impress the girls
:manuscarf: :santaclaus:

monks key
25th November, 2010, 07:53 PM
Any news on if it works yet jc

jc69817
25th November, 2010, 10:11 PM
no pal
not yet still waiting for delivery from china

:manuscarf::champions:

Moviestar
28th November, 2010, 02:49 PM
Looks very interesting
May send off for one myself

nicole123
28th November, 2010, 06:51 PM
would like 2 find out if this works!

DinaBergen46
3rd December, 2010, 12:53 PM
Found this site that gives a good product description and reviews about apple ipod touch (http://www.buythatmp3player.com/cnt_trf_Apple_iPOD_TOUCH_MP3_Player_Prices_Specs_G B.aspx).

Hope that helps you.

jc69817
3rd December, 2010, 10:28 PM
Hi all
well it finally arrived on Mon but as i work away hgv driving didnt get to try it till today. first the good news tried it with my sons sim card (virgin) no problem works fine. Tried it with the other half sim (O2) worked fine. Then the bad news tried it with my sim card (3) all i get is sim card error and so it wont work. from what ive read this is prob to do with the pin2 lock on my phone. contacted sinadeal and am awaiting a reply to see if there is enything i can do about it. once again i will post on here if it gets sorted.

hope someone finds this useful

hannson
8th December, 2010, 12:47 PM
hi... this gadget looks great... i've done google searches but not sure who is a recommended seller.. can anyone recommend?

fijiman
8th December, 2010, 09:47 PM
Looks Ridiculous, But It Charges Your iPhone Using Wind Power | FSMdotCOM (http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/ifan-ridiculous-charges-iphone-wind-power)

Maybe a possible Christmas present for the person who has everything .
:celticparty::wink::devil:

jc69817
9th December, 2010, 07:44 PM
seeing as it wont work on my sim (3) if anyone is interested I will be selling this with a 2nd gen touch 8gb all ready to work jailbroken with all software installed and all the instructions it came with. not thought of a price yet but if anyone want to make an offer

my iphone 4 32gb is on its way tomorrow

:manutop:

2Fast2Hard
1st September, 2011, 09:07 PM
Girls don't get impressed when they realize the object in you pocket is just an iPhone !!!

garry1312
2nd September, 2011, 05:45 PM
Im not a iphone fan after owning one, i am not a ipod touch fan as i prefer a ipod with a wheel but this really is pretty impressive.

The chinese clone market has been trying to clone the iphone for a long time now (as far as i am aware) but cannot do it other than making crappy look-alikes that run on a java operating system

So what have they done instead? They have made a product that clones one of apples other products in to a iphone.

Now that my friends is genius lol