PDA

View Full Version : Honda Key Code Generator

Wolfpack
19th August, 2010, 09:56 PM
I just wanted to post that if you are having trouble getting the pin code for the Immo it's caused by the date you need to input. It says to input the date this way( MMDDYY ) but you need to enter it this way ( YYDDMM ) and you will get the right pin. I only by chance tried it that way cause i didn't know what to do. Wasted half a day till i got it to work.

alexG
22nd August, 2010, 07:07 PM
Yes you are right:celticparty:

adam28
23rd August, 2010, 07:45 AM
What date do you put in ? Is it the date the car was first registered?

Cheers

Wolfpack
23rd August, 2010, 04:26 PM
What date do you put in ? Is it the date the car was first registered?

Cheers

No the current date

briandsl
23rd August, 2010, 05:43 PM
many thanks for clearing that issue up

best regards

RobbyD
25th August, 2010, 04:57 AM
Hey. Does anyone know how to reset the attempt counter for HDS. I'm at 36 and the key generator only goes to 25. I'm having problem with last couple vehicles. I just reinstalled HDS to see if that will do it. Or is it the pcm that's doing it.

drdupery
25th August, 2010, 07:30 PM
in fact, the format is correct MMDDYY
just input 00 onstead of 10 for year 2010

drdupery
25th August, 2010, 07:36 PM
Hey. Does anyone know how to reset the attempt counter for HDS. I'm at 36 and the key generator only goes to 25. I'm having problem with last couple vehicles. I just reinstalled HDS to see if that will do it. Or is it the pcm that's doing it.

the behavior has been changed from version to version, for example HDS 2.016 HDS 2.018 don't use attempt counter for the 1st pass. You need to know for which version generator was developed, just try any VIN number and you will get the same 1st pass each time.

drdupery
25th August, 2010, 09:05 PM
there are some conclusions analyzing internal structures of HDS 2.021

the locked status due to many times passwords were entered incorrectly is stored in HIM, the times the 1st password are used is stored also in HIM, that prevents from using same date for every use.

you could try to return to early version of HDS in order to program HIM with old version that probably will help to clear internal stored flags directly in your HIM

RobbyD
26th August, 2010, 01:00 AM
So drdupery, your saying if I go back to one of those two and reload it and reflash him to it that will reset counter. And can I go back to version 2.021.008. Or will it screw it up again? I tried to remove and reinstall 2.021 but that didn't help. It just picked up where it left off with 38 on counter. Also do I need to remove the key generator or will it be alright. When I installed it with Winhex I don't know what version of HDS I was using at the time. I just kept updating HDS as I got it..I just throught as long as it's unlocked (key gen)to use it's.it's ok. I will try an earlier version of HDS. Thanks

Wolfpack
26th August, 2010, 04:03 AM
in fact, the format is correct MMDDYY
just input 00 onstead of 10 for year 2010

Wish i knew to input 00 but no matter i got it to work in the end that's all that matters

drdupery
26th August, 2010, 07:44 AM
Wish i knew to input 00 but no matter i got it to work in the end that's all that matters

factor 10 are used for year 2010 due to changing in formula that honda was introduced in 2010, the generator was developed early.

drdupery
26th August, 2010, 07:54 AM
So drdupery, your saying if I go back to one of those two and reload it and reflash him to it that will reset counter. And can I go back to version 2.021.008. Or will it screw it up again? I tried to remove and reinstall 2.021 but that didn't help. It just picked up where it left off with 38 on counter. Also do I need to remove the key generator or will it be alright. When I installed it with Winhex I don't know what version of HDS I was using at the time. I just kept updating HDS as I got it..I just throught as long as it's unlocked (key gen)to use it's.it's ok. I will try an earlier version of HDS. Thanks

What version of HDS are you using?
The status of immo functions locked or not is stored in HIM so reinstalling HDS won't help.
Flashing the HIM probably will help to clear stored values in HIM.
The HDS didn't depends on generator :) so you haven't to remove generator.
Try to use early version of HDS you'll find, it will be good to use version before 2.015 (HIM DB version 1.0x)

RobbyD
26th August, 2010, 11:45 PM
I did. It did not work. I'm at count 50. I went as far as 2.002 I think. I reflashed twice. Once with it pluged in outlet and then with vehicle connected. Think the Him just went bad?? It reads any and all codes ,other modules and stuff like that. Just won't do keys or reset pcm. Just won't reset counter back to zero. Hell ,anything below 25 would be great right now.I removed all of HDS on computer,ran couple clean upsoftware too. And ran ford ids cleanup software everytime I tried loading earlier HDS. Still the same thing, counter not resetting. Please any and all HELP would be GREAT!!

drdupery
27th August, 2010, 08:15 AM
bad news...
what version shows Interface Device Software (if you press in HDS F12 key) ?
You could try to use another computer in case attempt counter also was stored at computer.

p.s. and remember it seems that honda generator generates incorrectly 1st pass.

RobbyD
27th August, 2010, 02:09 PM
I'll try that to see. Thanks. Also while in HDS theres a selftest with red cross on it. I did that test and it shows this ( C2,status=174) . Do you know what that means do you??

drdupery
27th August, 2010, 02:37 PM
every clone I know doesn't pass that self test
don't take in head that fact :)

RobbyD
28th August, 2010, 05:11 AM
I tried it again and got the samething,but at 52. The version is HIMDB V1.3a when I click F12 on HDS. I think I'm going to buy another one. It sucks. Because this one still scans all systems and reflash pcm's. Just won't do keys or register pcm. I see them on ebay for under $200. I paid over $400. four years ago. They have come down. Have you or anyone else use there Ford vcm on Honda and have no problem reflashing it back for Ford stuff. Aka going back and forth with it. I hate to use it,because it will not ever expire for ford updates.

drdupery
28th August, 2010, 08:37 AM
HIMDB 1.3a is related to 2.021 version, try to flash the HIM via early version of HDS via 'Progam the HIM' button and see what HIMDB version will be shown after programing.

p.s. It could be that downgrade of HDS internal software is prohobited, didn't check myself.

if buy Ford VCM and are going to use with Honda you probably will be stuck with HDS version 2.016 as special patched version of boot/flash image is required.

I think that your Honda HIM is working perfectly and you won't get anything better for 200$

cklair
28th August, 2010, 06:59 PM
im having same problem with honda gna 600 ad robbyd was with his HIM.it would work on every thing excepts immo,can,t change pcm,add key etc im now atcounter41.and using lates ver 2.21.i tried to use a year old ver but no luck i did try to reflash it no help this is orginal gna 600 but with no subscribe with honda, cant call honda.key code generter give me the same password that wont work,can anybody help me how to unlock immo opion thanks

drdupery
28th August, 2010, 07:28 PM
do not use honda/acura generator for 1st password, it's always wrong, see yourself - try any date and VIN - it's lways the same - that is invalid for current algorithm

just use - all keys lost
in that case you only need PCM code which you can generate correctly.

p.s. never try more than 3 wrong attempts it's senseless as you are using probably wrong tool. Your HIM/GNA600 will be locked if you'll continue more and more times unsuccessfully.

Fordracer4life
29th August, 2010, 12:08 AM
HIMDB 1.3a is related to 2.021 version, try to flash the HIM via early version of HDS via 'Progam the HIM' button and see what HIMDB version will be shown after programing.

p.s. It could be that downgrade of HDS internal software is prohobited, didn't check myself.

if buy Ford VCM and are going to use with Honda you probably will be stuck with HDS version 2.016 as special patched version of boot/flash image is required.

I think that your Honda HIM is working perfectly and you won't get anything better for 200$

I use my original ford vcm with 2.021 works great except cant pull codes all other functions work functional tests, data and immo. Codes says there is codes just cant find interface. Should I switch to a earlier version or any tricks?

RobbyD
29th August, 2010, 05:16 AM
Every time I reflash Him it reads different version. So it's taking flash. The last one I tried was 2.018.013 the version was 1.2a. I'm going to get new unit to try. I can't waste time and lose cars like this. It's kind of making me look bad when I go back and forth to vehicle to try this or that at customer's shop. Once I get new one I'll let you's now if that was the problem or not. Thanks for all help. Rob

cklair
29th August, 2010, 06:27 AM
AS i have ford vcm clone i try to use it on hds all function works but not communication with immo, then i usa the gna 600 on ford it update the code and all function good on ford vehicles,then i reused it on hds it ask me to program the him i did ,all function good but immo is still locked asking for 5 digt pin from iN honda .can someone help me plz with it

RobbyD
29th August, 2010, 09:09 PM
Cklair. Your going to have to change your Key generator. Or at least change date on your computer to year 2008 and try. This Thanks go's out to all that helped. Thank you for the help. It worked on one vehicle. Will try on other Monday. I don't need another tool after all. Thank You again. Just one thing. Where can I get that key generator from.

cklair
30th August, 2010, 02:36 AM
yes i unlocked the hds immo with the help of very genius DK member,he is the man,have no words to say thanks to him, great guy and help full thanks for your time:rock:

drdupery
30th August, 2010, 04:27 PM
you've just got

what the doctor was ordered

:)

RobbyD
31st August, 2010, 03:47 AM
drdupery. Thanks. I was just ready to buy another one but it turned out to be Key code generator problem.

Wolfpack
31st August, 2010, 04:08 AM
do not use honda/acura generator for 1st password, it's always wrong, see yourself - try any date and VIN - it's lways the same - that is invalid for current algorithm

just use - all keys lost
in that case you only need PCM code which you can generate correctly.

p.s. never try more than 3 wrong attempts it's senseless as you are using probably wrong tool. Your HIM/GNA600 will be locked if you'll continue more and more times unsuccessfully.

How come when i tried to generate the code for the immo using the Honda key generator imputing the date and year this way MM/DD/YY it never gave the right code and i tried it more than 3 times but when i entered the date this way YY/DD/MM the code it generated worked.

drdupery
31st August, 2010, 09:01 AM
only two digits from date are used in formula so you even can shuffle more and more and sometimes you'll be getting correct result :)

for example try month 10-12 and probably you'll get wrong result using your method

Wolfpack
2nd September, 2010, 02:25 AM
well the calculator says to input this way MM/DD/YY but after all else failed i tried it this way YY/DD/MM and it worked. I wasn't trying to develop anything. I don't do alot of immo work. They say a blind squirrel finds a nut one in awhile

drdupery
3rd September, 2010, 06:24 PM
Some corrections to my previous messages

the 1st password is independent of VIN and day, it depends on year. Honda generator generates it for year 2009 or 2008, check it for yourself.

Wolfpack
4th September, 2010, 02:46 AM
the next one i do i will try

drdupery
4th September, 2010, 09:42 AM
the password is different for each region. not confirmed

for Europe it's changed not so frequently.

Fordracer4life
31st December, 2010, 03:44 PM
Can anyone help with how to use winhex to modify honda code gen. Thanks for any help

yellowstilo
31st December, 2010, 04:25 PM
here you go....

kevinb2u
13th February, 2011, 04:26 PM
Hope this experience could help others...

This is second attempt to configure another PCM on Honda. First time tried new PCM with CarDaq and HDS, did not have H.I.M. , had to send to dealer. This time 2004 Civic replacing PCM with used for O2 heater driver failure. HDS wrote proper VIN to donor PCM, but couldn't "register" in IMMOBI without PIN. So apparently now since could not complete procedure, original PCM now won't run either, not registered. Thanks for PM help getting generator..

Reading about first and second PINs here, and how date sensitive somehow? Is the first code just internal for HDS? After all the car doesn't know the date, and the second # is really the PCM unlock code? Is the PCM unlock code in the IMMO or in the PCM? What happens if PCM VIN # is changed? DR says use a certain 1st code for 2010, what am I missing? Having trouble understanding the basics I guess.. Thanks to all...

kevinb2u
14th February, 2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks to all, especially yellowstilo and drdupery for sharing your valuable time and knowledge. Wanted to share my experience with this, hope to help us all better understand. Noticed doing research on iATN and other places, that most everyone has to take these Hondas to the dealer, locksmiths can't do this either.

Very grateful for DK, and hope to share more. Was wondering if many others have been getting into module repair, like instrument clusters, ABS modules, etc. I've learned a lot the past few years, and would be glad to share with others, maybe a new thread if there's interest?

Short story:

Worked perfect first time (both times) restored OE PCM, and then also donor PCM. "New" PCM also fixed O2 heater fault. Not knowing if current 2011 date would work, bumped date back to 2010. Generator would not open easily on my Win7 notebook hooked to HIM. Didn't try again, but opened on another (XP) box with date set back also. Have not WinHex-ed yet, 3 day trial got us going for now. I input the date 021300, like the good Dr mentioned for 2010 MMDDYY. All I needed was the first "Honda PCM Code", noticed how that stayed the same for more attempt counter, along with Immo 1st password D2CEB, which Dr and others say is wrong, should be 1EFE0. Apparantly all these codes are just to allow HDS to work, not stored at all in the car. I don't see reason why we would need the other passwords/codes, probably don't want to find out either. Maybe if you needed to save keys that were not present? Or getting "locked out" somehow worse than I was? Looking forward to using it again, wonder it way to use current date. Thanks to all !!:hello:

automite
14th February, 2011, 01:20 AM
There are plenty of SBB on eBay, for around $300 no need to deal with this Honda code bullshit. :stupido2:

The SBB also does alot more, it works on Nissan/Infiniti very well.

kevinb2u
14th February, 2011, 04:34 AM
There are plenty of SBB on eBay, for around $300 no need to deal with this Honda code bullshit. :stupido2:

The SBB also does alot more, it works on Nissan/Infiniti very well.

I'm more into powertrain, controls and driveability than messing with keys. I know a locksmith that has all kinds of key hardware and stuff, but he could not "register" a replacement PCM in a Honda. He can make and add keys, like I can with a clone T300. Have you seen SBB able to replace a PCM in a Honda? I'm thinking it might not, the dealer systems are the only way(?)

drdupery
16th February, 2011, 11:32 AM
kevinb2u

All is correct.
The 1st password is only needed by HDS to start operate. 1st password allows to add 1 key, rewrite all keys and some minor operations. PCM code is needed for more powerful operations - for example - all keys lost, replace PCM. 1st password is changed once per year. PCM code depends of last 5 digits of VIN and computers date on which HDS is running. PCM can be replaced only with HDS and hardware interface (for example HIM) as specific registration procedures are required. Locksmith tools cannot do that.

simon77
19th May, 2011, 11:40 AM
hi can you please help me get this sorted.
after 3 wrong atempts my him is now locked.
i re installed on new computer with version 2.021.008 update him to v13a
my pc date is 19 may 2010
i am now on atempt 18 to unlock the him and getting woried vin of car is 06027. i am using the honda acura generator but i am stuck and need to get this car moving quick.
please help if you can
regards

drdupery
17th June, 2011, 06:44 PM
see my post in that thread
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f178/honda-hds-locked-help-202339/
There is my explanation regarding the problem 'HIM is locked'

Gutz
6th July, 2011, 07:20 AM
Changed ignition switch (w/2 new keys) on 2002 Honda Oddyssey. Used HIM with all keys lost procedure, even though, I had a good working key. Original switch was hard to turn sometimes. The honda calculator gave me wrong pin using date format MMDDYY. But tried YYDDMM and gave right pin ;o). I din't follow the add new key procedure so I don't know if the MMDDYY format could work, I will try next time on another one instead of using all keys lost.

RobbyD
18th August, 2011, 05:23 AM
Hi. I did it again. I locked my HIM at 94. I'm using HDS 2.024.005,Oct 27 2010. If someone can help that would be great. 2009 Honda Accord vin is 55189. I don't do many Honda's , so I forget if I need to set my computer back to 2008,when I try. This wasn't done on one vehicle. It was over time that it's at this 94th try. All other vehicles were 2007 and older. So I used aftermarket key programmer. It go's to 08's. And this vehicle is 09. Also,does anyone know if this Him will reset after 100 tries. Or is this locked for good this time?? Thanks for any and all help. Rob

sajeel1978
21st October, 2016, 11:57 PM
Hi,

Sorry to open up an old thread but didnt want to create a new post if not necessary,
I have a honda accord 2003, with hds him with double board, am running hds v3.017.012 i have read keys in vehicle and there are 2 stored, i want to delete key 2 or if easier as it seems delete all keys then use pcm code to program one key, also i have a second key with immobiliser chip can that be programmed to this so that vehicle can start with that key as well ?

Thanks in advance.

magneto21
24th October, 2016, 05:41 AM
use the option all key lost,and you can program any key you want-of course has to be for the same model of your car.
Is simple and you will not lock your him-as long you generate proper pcm password.

regards,

buga37
24th October, 2016, 06:10 AM
Hi,

Sorry to open up an old thread but didnt want to create a new post if not necessary,
I have a honda accord 2003, with hds him with double board, am running hds v3.017.012 i have read keys in vehicle and there are 2 stored, i want to delete key 2 or if easier as it seems delete all keys then use pcm code to program one key, also i have a second key with immobiliser chip can that be programmed to this so that vehicle can start with that key as well ?

Thanks in advance.
as far as i know there is no PCM calc that will work with this version of HDS. I'm using 3.08 version, works good

sajeel1978
24th October, 2016, 10:58 AM
as far as i know there is no PCM calc that will work with this version of HDS. I'm using 3.08 version, works good

Thanks for replies, can i install 3.08 alongside other version, also i dont have pcm calc software which one do you use ?

buga37
24th October, 2016, 05:02 PM
You will have to remove newer version that you have. Just search for it online, i can't post any links here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lgrebello
11th April, 2017, 02:05 AM
Where I find HondaAcurra.exe?

bashfull
5th December, 2017, 03:47 PM
Where I find HondaAcurra.exe?

I've been looking too.. but I found a patch for HDS that will let you unlock your him if you locked it up. It came from a russian forum and changes the date + patches HDS.

jomo671
13th December, 2017, 03:06 PM
I've been looking too.. but I found a patch for HDS that will let you unlock your him if you locked it up. It came from a russian forum and changes the date + patches HDS.

Thanks. What is the password to access the contents of the .rar file?

ayman waleed
1st November, 2020, 05:56 PM
here you go....

jobhot
2nd April, 2021, 11:17 AM

Balisty
18th July, 2021, 05:35 AM
how to use it ??

pole7
27th May, 2022, 01:38 PM
Hey guys, thanks to all of the info in this thread I was able to get my new key registered on a 2008 Honda Civic LX. Thank you! I wanted to summarize what ended up working for me in case it can help someone else out.

I am using a Windows 10 64bit laptop with HDS HIM version V3.104.24
I also downloaded the honda key code generator. If you do a web search for "honda hey code generator 95266", then you should be able to find the one I used. It just spits out the PCM code.

I manually set the date on my computer to the year 2008.
I opened the honda key code generator and put in the last 5 digits of my VIN and the current date in the MMDDYY format. My computer was set to May 27th, 2008, so I put in 052708. This gave me the PCM code.
I initially had the F12 menu in HDS setup to the global version and could not get the Honda key code generator to make a code that would work. I had to switch to the US market to get it all to work.
Use the lost all keys option in HDS and it will ask you for the PCM code. I put in the code from the generator and it worked. This required me to reregister all of my existing keys along with the new key. After the process was complete, all of my keys worked and the fobs also worked.

Thanks again to this forum!

pavelzu
2nd April, 2023, 08:08 AM
Try password www.autoprogs.ru (http://www.autoprogs.ru)
But i dont understand, how it works.

kasper1910
8th April, 2023, 04:03 PM
Did you install only HDS HIM v 3.104.24 or also i-hds and imubilizzer setup tool ??
I got HDS v3.104.002.
My problem is that i cannot see in system selection menu "IMMOBI" module, after connection with my Accord 2004... I can open Immobilizer setup tool from main I-HDS launcher, that is autonomic program made by Bosch, but I cannot login to it , because I dont have dealer login and pass.
can somebody tell me how to get immobi option in HDS. What version is needed. I need to add new key to my Honda

PS: I got installed HDS, I-HDS and Immobilizer setup tool v. 13.1.0.

Regards

aldomnin
20th October, 2023, 12:16 PM
worked perfectly!