PDA

View Full Version : ipad clones

falconknight
20th August, 2010, 10:55 AM
Ipad Style Tablet! Andriod PC! Wifi 7" HD Video! HDMI on eBay (end time 27-Aug-10 11:01:54 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ipad-Style-Tablet-Andriod-PC-Wifi-7-HD-Video-HDMI-/290464869283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205#ht_4063wt_926 )

dont sound to bad but got a funny feelin their gonna be pants

flyguyvan
21st August, 2010, 08:03 PM
this one from liweitec has n270 processor and running windows 7.

YouTube - Full ten inch iPad clone caught on video

mit2007
22nd August, 2010, 05:24 PM
ipad is better. going to wait for other laptops company's to make tablet better than the ipad.

yaas
24th August, 2010, 06:22 PM
They are complete rubbish.

I know someone who got 1 of these, & he sent it back.

Not worth the money!

flybouy
28th August, 2010, 05:54 PM
I go to China a lot and you see all sorts of iPad look a likes but boy are they awful to use.

I tried the dell tablet as well but when you add the convenience of the app store it looks like a very poor alternative.

tonyadams5
1st September, 2010, 03:48 AM
Only problem with ipad is that flash does not work. With the crack version still cannot see streaming graphics.

When adobe and apple dish out their differences, then worth to have ipad, otherwise the clones are cheaper.

wbr

mit2007
2nd September, 2010, 06:44 PM
i know ipad is good however it still is missing a lot of things.
and as for the ipad clone they are too slow. i am going to wait longer for the next pad by apple or another apple clone which is fast or better than the next apple product.

mit2007
2nd September, 2010, 06:46 PM
They are complete rubbish.

I know someone who got 1 of these, & he sent it back.

Not worth the money!

mate you are right.:goodpost:

and the ipad too expensive.

Optical1
4th October, 2010, 10:27 PM
You can get Flash on a jailbroken ipad.

Search for Frash in Cydia.

middots3
12th October, 2010, 01:34 PM
I'd rather get a clone, no doubt the Chinese will release a clone sometime soon, ive currently got a clone iPhone lol.

Exos
19th October, 2010, 01:16 PM
The most viable ePAD as an alternative to Apple's is the Zenethink ZT-180 running Android 2.1 (Upgrade to 2.2 will be out the end of the month and it fixes alot of bugs as well as improves performance/interface)

Purchased one of these as a present for ?160 and yes ok it isn't an iPad but when the price tag is a fraction of the cost and it does exactly what most people want it for (browsing, video and marketplace apps) it does what it says on the tin. You do need to know what your doing however and i would suggest you research thoroughly before buying one.

For me ?499 is extortionate for an iPad especially considering that i really struggle to see a large market for it or that it's nothing that you can't do with a laptop so this for the price is easier to swallow (plus having an iPhone4 already, i kinda don't see the point)

Android 2.1 doesn't really take advantage and you will need to run some scripts to get Google Marketplace to work on this version. Also there is an alternative marketplace called SlideME which offers lots of good free (and paid for) apps.

It has a 10-inch display with WSVGA resolution (1024?600 pixels), 1GHz ZT-180 CPU, 2GB Nandflash, DDR 256MB and comes with built-in Wi-Fi. It is supposed to be capable of playback of 720p and 1080p videos but as yet havent tried this. Battery life is good too ? 7 hours with WiFi off and 5 hours with WiFi on. Storage is MicroSD 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB or 16GB.

You can also get Windows CE to run on it, but from what i've read its quite slow and limits the features.

NZBrakelathes
31st October, 2010, 11:21 AM
I have a EX900 for my 8 year old cost 600RMB in China and I got tucked! Seems Ok if you know what it can do?> We dont so any help would be great! What can I get it to do for an 8 year old girl? games? Barbie.com games? but no Flash player :S if any advise do shout out!

heogey
25th January, 2011, 04:06 AM
Referred to iPad clone, it probably be this one, iPad clone tablet (http://www.nowsupplier.com/android-22-capacity-multi-touch-screen-tablet-pc-97-inch-with-freescale-imx515-cortex-a8-wifi-aluminum-shell-p-1665.html)
same size, and almost same spcs. For me, I prefer Android OS. Sometimes ios would drive me crazy based on my iPhone experience.

NZBrakelathes
25th January, 2011, 09:53 AM
Reflashed it - Got some Black market games seems Ok for now :)

kfprint
25th January, 2011, 06:33 PM

frash is far from perfect, not everything runs. simple stuff is ok no apps

Cozz
9th February, 2011, 05:30 AM

The Ipad runs on only 256MB or ram and has a poor video interface for it's price. Rendering Flash will never run smoothly on the Ipad

royboyz
11th February, 2011, 07:11 PM
Hi Anyone got or seen in person one of the Flytouch 2/x220 tablets?? looking to get one for the missus (ipads well too expensive)

flyingpig
1st March, 2011, 10:41 PM
The Dell Duo (laptop / e-pad) ?449 --- good value??

stihl260
7th August, 2011, 09:16 AM
The Ipad in itself is ok, but lack of flash is the killer im afraid.
Yes you can hold it up to the stars and wow it will identify them.
So thats a party trick, of no real use apart from novelty value.

When it first came out and it was the market leader then fine, but now with the growth and development of the Andriod OS i think Apple is loosing its grip on the market.

There are other tablets out there for less money that do so much more and better than the Ipad.

Apple is good at what it does and in not taking that away from them, but the competition is overtaking them and they being left behind!

Im in the market for a Tablet and at the moment the Asus above will be getting my money, it will do everything i need it to do, which tbh the Ipad wont.

Each person neds to make a buying decision based on if its right for them, not just follow the crowd.

Sometimes its good not to go with the rest of the rest and take a chance on something new and inovative and no i dont work for Asus,lol

Look here:
***x202a;Eee Pad Transformer- My Multiple Lifestyle, I decide***x202c;‏ - YouTube

Asus Transformer TF101 Tablet PC is a true Ipad Killer.
Asus Transformer TF101 Tablet PC | Ebuyer.com (http://www.ebuyer.com/262116-asus-transformer-tf101-tablet-pc-tf101-1b028a)

It does so much more!

Here is a comparison to the Ipad

***x202a;ASUS Eee Pad Transformer vs iPad 2 - Tablet PC Featuring Tegra 2 Product Tour NCIX Tech Tips***x202c;‏ - YouTube

The truth is Apple need to slash their price to compete, the Ipad is just being undercut by better tech.

Im sorry, but apple needs to up their game again!