PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in god

TheJackel
21st August, 2010, 01:53 AM
http://www.dead-frog.com/comedians/comic/george_carlin/

First Vid.
(http://www.dead-frog.com/comedians/comic/george_carlin/)

barrowmanandrew
21st August, 2010, 02:19 AM
yes .
i have a photo...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/customavatars/avatar1_5.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/1-devilfish/)

lollollollol

Nev1337
21st August, 2010, 05:49 PM
haha verry nice !

sca.net
28th August, 2010, 02:48 PM
lol Jaja...

rajgpl059
20th October, 2010, 06:59 PM
Yes. I do believe in God.
Because I've read the Bible.
I've been to church.
I've had my person experience, too.
It's great to be able to be forgiven, cleansed and happy.

And to the person above, being a Christian, or believing in God is not living in fear. It's actually living in peace.

neon open sign (http://store.everything-neon.com/neonopensigns.html)
pine needle oil (http://www.optimallyorganic.com/PineOil.htm)

andromede69100
20th October, 2010, 09:28 PM
yes .
i have a photo...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/customavatars/avatar1_5.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/1-devilfish/)

lollollollol

Good joke!!!

patkins
20th October, 2010, 10:54 PM
Yes , I believe in God.
And whether He is God or Allah or Mohammad, I believe that ,in reality, we all believe in the same Person but by a different name.
I feel honored to have experienced God working in my life. And I also know that it is healthier to believe in something than in nothing.

agabna
20th October, 2010, 11:41 PM
if their is no god so how control the univers and how control your blood inside yourself see the star the moon and the sun and you will belive in the god at the end

z786
21st October, 2010, 01:37 AM
@ pat

Mohammed is a prophet :)

albertros
21st October, 2010, 08:11 AM
If you believe in God and are wrong, at the end you'll never know....

If you don't believe in God and are wrong at the end at the end your in big trouble.

thered
21st October, 2010, 09:09 AM
personally i dont but its whatever works for you

i think we are too advanced too believe that a man sits up in the sky listening to everyones conversations and deciding who has been good and bad and who floats to heaven and sinks to hell

im also appalled at the lack of sea partings and arks floating around these days,maybe we were just all unlucky in being born too late but these miracles just dont seem to happen these days

imagine the man hours saved collecting grapes if we could just turn water into wine and turn a loaf into a fish supper no more series of trawlermen for a start

lot of war all this religion too considering its supposed to be peaceful and then theres catholic priests and young boys

religion is fine if its kept to yourself having faith helps some people i prayed once for a commodore 64 for xmas i never got it though which may be why i am a non believer

but its like santa,the tooth fairy,leprechauns and wayne rooneys excuses i dont really buy it i just see the bible as an early kind of law to abide to with morals if not followed you will be damned to hell (to try and frighten people to be good)

cablefreejunkie
21st October, 2010, 11:41 AM
i think hes on the ground not in the sky
as far as im aware aliens are in the sky flying around in ufos,i know this coz i saw one last week,,,and i hadnt been in the ale shop beforehand

alunfennell
21st October, 2010, 02:57 PM
No is the simple Answer !

All Religion's are a Man Made philosophy's to keep people inline with something before Laws and a Judicial System was set up in the middle ages by the Kings of Europe.

Religion's roots of course come from those who belived at an early stage of humanity that there must be a higher Power that created us, this of course come's long before science which has answered most of the questions for us today in a logical way.

If anything and it was understood by religious orders and the Vatican was that Religion had run its course by the 8th century in a tug of War senario across Europe Religion had to become a fearful & oppressive regime to keep control by doing so Leaders of States and King's of Countries Look onto the Church to Keep order within there Kingdoms.

Religion today trys now to embrase science to keep control of the masses after hundreds of years of Witch hunting academics who were seen to oppose the Church with there research.

As Each Generation goes by and science proves less and less of a God like Creator the Church will ultimity start to lose its dominant control of its followers.

Its another case of Human control over his fellow man using something that can not be proven one way or another, Religion today looks more like an dictatorship which has done more Bad thing in the name of God to many countries & People across the Globe than Alexander the Great, Naplion, Hitler & Sadam combined.

neopfk
22nd October, 2010, 08:55 AM
i agree with thered (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/5707-thered/), but all this confusion aroud god and life afer death is just to show people life way philosophy, how to have good realtionship with other and make our world better - history has proven that somebody wet wrong;)

thered
22nd October, 2010, 06:02 PM

All Religion's are a Man Made philosophy's to keep people inline with something before Laws and a Judicial System was set up in the middle ages by the Kings of Europe.

Religion's roots of course come from those who belived at an early stage of humanity that there must be a higher Power that created us, this of course come's long before science which has answered most of the questions for us today in a logical way.

If anything and it was understood by religious orders and the Vatican was that Religion had run its course by the 8th century in a tug of War senario across Europe Religion had to become a fearful & oppressive regime to keep control by doing so Leaders of States and King's of Countries Look onto the Church to Keep order within there Kingdoms.

Religion today trys now to embrase science to keep control of the masses after hundreds of years of Witch hunting academics who were seen to oppose the Church with there research.

As Each Generation goes by and science proves less and less of a God like Creator the Church will ultimity start to lose its dominant control of its followers.

Its another case of Human control over his fellow man using something that can not be proven one way or another, Religion today looks more like an dictatorship which has done more Bad thing in the name of God to many countries & People across the Globe than Alexander the Great, Naplion, Hitler & Sadam combined.

totally agree m8 and in the uk religion is definately dying as more people realise the bible is a fictional book

yes the pope gets a few people out to look at his new set wheels but there are empty churches everywhere

muslims however are still massive believers in god and get the prayer matts out whenever they can but i think in time as they acclimatise more and more to western culture there view will change

erniez
22nd October, 2010, 08:17 PM
Lol funny.

patkins
22nd October, 2010, 11:49 PM
@ pat

Thank you z786.
I stand corrected and no offense was meant.

cablefreejunkie
23rd October, 2010, 12:32 AM
basically religions are invented to keep man down and woman
its simple really
divide and conquer
think abou it t for a minute
ok minute passed
if you have a world that is totally united we would never ever ever ever need any form of rule whatsoever,,we would be so united we would all be in it as one and subsequently would never need anybody to tell us what to do how to do it etc etc
i know this all sounds a bit rosie and you always get bad amongst good which is totally true but we would have so many good people united together we could rid out the bad so easy

now pause for a minute and imagine a world completely dis-united
pause for a second only coz that is what we have now,,,many religions etc etc and the whole world un-united,,,were all fighting wars in the name of this and that but really were being manipulated into these phoney wars and were being manipulated into thinking that this and that religion are against us in one way or another,,,the press is a great example espescially the red tops ie sun mirror star etc

we could be such a united force,,,,mankind all working for each other for the good of mankind

well thats my slant on it what do you lot reckon

nara
23rd October, 2010, 12:37 AM
Do you believe in God?

I used to...

...but he died on 10th September 1985. :s:

thered
23rd October, 2010, 09:55 AM
I used to...

...but he died on 10th September 1985. :s:

well he was regarded by many as god including our own

at least he died doing what he loved

flyingpig
23rd October, 2010, 07:16 PM
There has to be something... Don't know what it is, but the earth was not created by the big bang.....

Even the scientists such as Hawkins fail to explain how you can get something from nothing -- -which they also explain is a fundamental principle of physics / science. The world is too perfect to be an accident.

skywash
23rd October, 2010, 10:53 PM
There has to be something... Don't know what it is, but the earth was not created by the big bang.....

Even the scientists such as Hawkins fail to explain how you can get something from nothing -- -which they also explain is a fundamental principle of physics / science. The world is too perfect to be an accident. you think the world is perfect!!!

cloudnineuk54
23rd October, 2010, 10:55 PM
then you come back to the question of,where the ~~~~ he come from then?

flyingpig
23rd October, 2010, 11:14 PM

Exactly.. I dont know....

chroma
26th October, 2010, 04:43 AM

Even the scientists such as Hawkins fail to explain how you can get something from nothing -- -which they also explain is a fundamental principle of physics / science. The world is too perfect to be an accident. you think the world is perfect!!!

A singularity isnt nothing, its quite the opposite, its infinitely dense and infinitely small, its also very unstable.

Even looking at "matter" you quickly realise its got a lot of wasted space, stuff is made from molecules, molecules are made from individual atoms with space between them.
Going deeper atoms are made from electrons rotatingg axialy around a neucleus, theres a lot of space between them, neuclei are made from protons with space between them and protons, well they're worse theyre made of smaller particles, namely quarks which are stupidly small and have a massive ammount of space between them, theres gluons which transmit the energy to keep quarks attracted to each other, gluons are smaller still and pop in and out od existence at random, theres a lot of space between them too.

So much space that if an atom was the size of the sun and you removed all the space between stuff it would wind up smaller than an ordinary atom to begin with...

everything is made up of nothing essentialy, just very very small particles with lots of free space between them.

in simple terms the universe has always been here, its just the space thats changed, no energy has been "created" or "lost" its just been transfered to space between stuff thats always been.

thered
26th October, 2010, 09:03 AM

lol i ask the jehovas witnesses the same thing when they call

they say he was always there

other than building a time machine we will never know what happened everything is just theories

im pretty sure the god theory is very wrong

but you never know our full system may be size of a different type of atom that encompasses us all what is vast for us may ne a tiny molecule to something else

we could well be like sim city on a gods type pc game who knows?

thered
26th October, 2010, 09:26 AM

Even the scientists such as Hawkins fail to explain how you can get something from nothing -- -which they also explain is a fundamental principle of physics / science. The world is too perfect to be an accident.

our world maybe but the rest so far is a bit desolate

as for the big bang that theory although i dont really understand it is apparantly caused by a rising of temprature in somehing which expanded and caused the universe

which brings it back if true to what created the thing that got hot?

Mjolinor
26th October, 2010, 09:29 AM
If you believe in God and are wrong, at the end you'll never know....

If you don't believe in God and are wrong at the end at the end your in big trouble.

Wrong, you're in heaven :) , no troubles there.

Cronus
26th October, 2010, 11:27 PM
No. Don't believe a word of it.

http://www.icanhasmotivation.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/ichmjes.jpg

thered
27th October, 2010, 06:30 PM
No. Don't believe a word of it.

http://www.icanhasmotivation.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/ichmjes.jpg

lol very true

cgscott
27th October, 2010, 07:46 PM
i think we are too advanced too believe that a man sits up in the sky listening to everyones conversations and deciding who has been good and bad and who floats to heaven and sinks to hell

Jim Carrey tried that and look what happened. Drove him mad. Not possible. We have evolved from tiny bacteria and we will die through no fault of our own selfishness to the way we treat the world. Not im my time but eventually :)

Its science as we discover more and more. nothing else controlling the world. We have loopy pills for that :) Why would god create people born with illness and kill children if his main aim is to make the world a better place?

thered
29th October, 2010, 06:29 PM
Jim Carrey tried that and look what happened. Drove him mad. Not possible. We have evolved from tiny bacteria and we will die through no fault of our own selfishness to the way we treat the world. Not im my time but eventually :)

Its science as we discover more and more. nothing else controlling the world. We have loopy pills for that :) Why would god create people born with illness and kill children if his main aim is to make the world a better place?

yep its all natures way of levelling things out

we are all IMO supposed to live in a balanced world you take you have to give something back otherwise it all comes in on itself

we cure a disease another comes out we have disasters earthquakes floods ect we are always putting fires out

dinosaurs alll died nobody really knows why ? did they over eat themselves to nothing?

funny how they were nearly all big huge things and now most animals are smaller and similar versions did they eveolve to eat less?

we as a population are getting bigger and bigger if it continues to grow one day there will not be enough food to go round forests are making way for farmland and other needs

our needs as a race are not sustainable as cg said not in my lifetime or my kids but one day things will get bad mainly because of our greed

then there the other problem when the gas meter runs out in the sun (which it will one day) it is THE END of planet earth watching your carbon footprit and eating recycled dog turd wont change it a bit

Cronus
29th October, 2010, 06:58 PM
Christianity

There was a wizard who made everything and then went into the clouds to grant wishes. He also needs money. Lots of money.

thered
29th October, 2010, 08:03 PM
Christianity

There was a wizard who made everything and then went into the clouds to grant wishes. He also needs money. Lots of money.

cos his roof is always leaking lol

but he can part a sea

Cronus
29th October, 2010, 08:44 PM
If you believe christianity, they say that the Holy Spirit descends on people like a dove.

If it descended on us like a griffin, unicorn or Optimus fckin Prime, we wouldn't really have a problem believing now, would we...?

jasbo7
29th October, 2010, 09:12 PM
Yes , I believe in God.
And whether He is God or Allah or Mohammad, I believe that ,in reality, we all believe in the same Person but by a different name.
I feel honored to have experienced God working in my life. And I also know that it is healthier to believe in something than in nothing.

Hey Pat was he on the minimum wage....only kiddin

patkins
31st October, 2010, 12:55 AM
Hey Pat was he on the minimum wage....only kiddin

Well the problems I had at the time would suggest that He was on double time for working overtime.

dandanthegardeningman
31st October, 2010, 12:57 PM
Yes. I do believe in God.
Because I've read the Bible.
I've been to church.
I've had my person experience, too.
It's great to be able to be forgiven, cleansed and happy.

And to the person above, being a Christian, or believing in God is not living in fear. It's actually living in peace.

neon open sign (http://store.everything-neon.com/neonopensigns.html)
pine needle oil (http://www.optimallyorganic.com/PineOil.htm)
god is in us all :ridinghorse:in time we all meet the maker :eating:

flyingpig
31st October, 2010, 04:32 PM
If you watched the Discovery channel any time lately and them programmes have been on about the universe, you will know that the scientists really haven't got a clue what they are talking about, well they have, but they make it up as they go along.

The universe they thought, was originally held together by gravity from the planets, they then discovered black holes, and the gravity around these allegedly contributed to half of the mass of the universe, then, they found super black holes, this threw all previous theorires out of the window. That was it, then it all added up and it worked.

Some smart alec came along and then discovered Dark Matter, now this then changed everything, and they have no idea what it is, what it does, except that it is the glue which holds the universe together. So that means all previous theories were totally wrong. This thing that no one understands appartenly contributes to 1 / 6 of the the mass of the universe... So again they have it sorted, that is until, some super smart alec discovers dark energy......

And so it goes, they have not got a clue what this thing is, except it is like a spring pushing the universe outwards,, Errrrrrr......... WHATEVER!!!

Every time they understand something, they then find something else that they have no idea what it is. So basically they have not got a clue, and you can see that they make there mathematical theories fit whatever they want them to...

It was dead good the programme though!!

smirnoff_rules
31st October, 2010, 04:38 PM
l believe there was a guy called jesus and l believe his had knowledge above the people of his time he was in .. ie cure for blindness and so on , as we have today ...

more than likely a space traveller

chroma
1st November, 2010, 02:51 PM
l believe there was a guy called jesus and l believe his had knowledge above the people of his time he was in .. ie cure for blindness and so on , as we have today ...

I dont think its as litteral as that, i think the stories are merely allegorical.

A cure for blindness would be merely an interpretation of opening someones eyes to Christianity.
Same with these "socialy crippled" pagan idoleters and so forth.

YouTube - Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip - Letter from God

thered
3rd November, 2010, 06:59 PM

ahh like this

frankharrison
11th November, 2010, 12:30 PM
Firstly I am a Christian because I believe in what Christ tried to make us understand. That you try to help and not harm others.
A little story.
There was a diver in an old diving suit, when they were first used. He became detatched from the ship he was tethered to. The diver was washed to an island that had never seen anyone like this before. So they treated him as a God. He was no different from anyone else but he looked different. Talked different and had the ability to "live in the sea".
Could this be an explanation of what we saw as Gods. Someone with more intellgence, technology, and coming from somewhere not known. Also possibly looking different ie very tall, very short, no nose or bigger eyes.
So if you God is a higher intelligence and with more technology, you count me in as a believer.

Grizz
29th November, 2010, 01:27 AM
Whats DK'ers thoughts on this?

YouTube - The Origin of Religion (part 1)

theres more parts on youtube if you find it interesting. gets a bit nuttier by part 3 though

tshirtman
29th November, 2010, 08:07 PM

I also believe there was a guy called jesus, but I think he was more of a freedom fighter wanting to get rid of the Romans from Judea (not quite monty python, but along these lines),

his anger to taxation (sounds familiar)
the short time he was on the cross, if you believe the scriptures, he was put on the cross on the third hour, and died on the ninth hour (9am till 3pm - 6 hours), it would normally take days for someone to die of crucifixion (cause of death suffocation), did someone let him down early, thus next point
he said to St peter, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times, isn't this the same as saying "you ain't seen me, right!

itckamal
29th November, 2010, 10:00 PM
God is G.O.D. you may believe or may not to believe, but i do believe that God is on the ground, on the sky, in the air and in everywhere.

racin-snake
29th November, 2010, 11:40 PM
everyone's entitled to their own belief IMHO
i personally do not believe in god as a theory or a fact
its merely a set of rules that in reality are pretty acceptable
but religion as a concept is purely based on myth therefore i do not believe in god
its merely a way of population control and an outdated and destructive one at that
many wars and atrocities were and are conducted in the name of religion
and many religions used for scapegoats
it don't matter to me what religion you are
i cannot see a blind bit of difference in them
but laws introduced in their name i have many issues with
whatever floats yer boat i say just dont be too fanatical about it

as for the question of god
its a huge NO ! FOR ME

GPofLB
3rd December, 2010, 07:02 PM
Do you truly believe that man is too wise, and too advanced to believe in God, when we can't even cure the common cold? Please read below...

1 Corinthians - Chapter 3
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, "God catches those who think they are wise in their own cleverness."

No proof of God's existence? Please read below...
Romans 1:20
From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God.
Please read the Bible before denying it. It is by far the most interesting book I have ever read!
Have A Great Day, And may God Bless You and Yours. :wavey:

nara
3rd December, 2010, 07:46 PM
I personally do not believe in god as a theory or a fact

As a fact, fair enough, there are millions who would agree with you,

...but as a theory???? :confused:

There are thousands of theories regarding the existance(or not) of God. Not believing that those theories exist is kinda bizarre.

vwpassat
3rd December, 2010, 07:52 PM
Yes I do. I believe in GOD.

George Carlin | Stand-Up Comedy Database | Dead-Frog - A Comedy Blog (http://www.dead-frog.com/comedians/comic/george_carlin/)

First Vid.

racin-snake
4th December, 2010, 03:41 PM
[quote] There are thousands of theories regarding the existance(or not) of God. Not believing that those theories exist is kinda bizarre.[quote]

yea thays exaxctly what i meant lol ........in fact is this what you think i meant ??

your soundbite is really funny
yet completely out of context .....as am not exactly sure if you have a clue or are you on somic thats stops you making sence and turning things written into into bulshit ????
while sitting on the fence lol

think once again you have exelled yourself nARA
i meant "I" ="ME" do not believe it as a thoery or the myth engage the subject not the actual poster mate
and give us what "YOU" think
not quote and paste .....as its real pathetic
to be totaly honest it is just piss poor
go look at somic you can engage not pick a quote and have a a dig
your efforts are not even worth the reply but in this instance i just want to let everyone see how pathetic you are you really must get somic that is of worth to add
its annoying yet sad your atempts to goad ...to be fair it was amusing for laughing at you
and certainly not with you
now ime afraid its just really sad ...

please try harder ....TO ENGAGE THE SUBJECT NOT THE POSTER ! .....or just f**k off ?

AS YOUR INPUT IS NOTHING BUT GOADING PEOPLE IN SUBJECTS THEY FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT THEREFORE CAUSING TROUBLE (another thing previos forums have been gratefull enough to recieve from you )

when you report this one mate i hope they have a look at the rest of your post and see your agenda of goading posters ....into retaliation and therefore in fact creating trouble

racin-snake
4th December, 2010, 04:25 PM
also GPofLB
if you believe in god then thats your oppinion and your welcome to it

its not my intention to tell you what to believe in ?
believe in WHF you like ...to be frank

but do you think a passage from a book will change my mind ?
i think not !
i can think of many far superior non fictional literary works in fact some ficticios stuff stands up to harder scrutiny

also a common cold ....
do you think that this is not acheivable ?
a cure for the common cold could be achieved if the goverment and companys supporting the cold remedy will approve funds for the actual research int the viral infection which is assumed to cause it ?
but alas too much money can be made from aleviation of syptoms
also to add
what i believe is not what i want "you" or anyone else to believe its all about choice ...by myself
and yes i do think man is a powerful and creative force and could be more so if restrictions and other presures such as
religion and money were removed

but as an end note
i am not in any way sayin "dont believe " just because i do not
i believe that in the end how we choose to live is far more important than praising any god
in fact if we all lived in a no secular non religous world
then in fighting would be reduced to a near zero
imho... I have no need for religion in any way shape or form ..this is how i choose to live
and if you do not mind ...its how i choose to stay
if in the end i am wrong then so be it
but till then i do not know and i have no proof to the contrary

so my fate is as certain everyone else... untill it happens its anyones guess to be right or wrong

ile take my chances with the no religion theory and go with technology

OH AND IF YOU COULD ELABORATE ? WHAT BIBLE DO YOU REFER ?
AS THERE ARE SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM

do not assume just because i choose to realise god is a myth ....i have not read anything about the subject ..on the contrary your underestimation is purely an assumption
just because i read a book i do not have to believe it ?
i read harry potter last week to my daughter am i to take that to be fact ?
NO ?
its only someones interpretation of the facts or story ...remember this when reading the passages of the bible as it is not exactly un changed and un tampered with
the romans ( among others ) had a good edit to what this book is today
also many translatinonal anomalies in this too

all things to be taken into account if it is not to be just blind faith ?

Cronus
4th December, 2010, 08:29 PM
As a fact, fair enough, there are millions who would agree with you,

...but as a theory???? :confused:

There are thousands of theories regarding the existance(or not) of God. Not believing that those theories exist is kinda bizarre.

:confused::confused::confused:

Think you completely got the wrong end of racin's post there NaRa. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you are getting confused. Think you might be better having a read of this link Dementia: Closer To God (http://bevhamilton.wordpress.com/)

Back on topic.

People's opinions on God are each to their own in my eyes. If a person wants to believe there's an invisible man in the sky then so be it.
I personally don't believe a word of it but thats my choice.
Trying to have a reasoned, intelligent debate about religion or God with a religious person is a lot like having a reasoned, intelligent debate with a child about unicorns.

Religions of the world:

TAIOSM: Shit happens.

HINDUISM: This shit happened before.

ISLAM: If shit happens, take a hostage. (no offence intended)

BUDDHISM: If shit happens, is it really shit?

7th DAY ADVENTIST: Shit happens on saturday.

PROTESTANISM: Shit won't happen if I work harder.

CATHOLICISM: If shit happens, I deserve it.

JEHOVA'S WITNESS: Knock, knock, "Shit happens"

JUDAISM: Why does shit always happen to me?

HARE KRISHNA: Shit happens rama rama ding dong.

ATHEISM: No shit.

T. V. EVANGALISM: Send more shit.

RASTAFARIANISM: Let's smoke this shit.

nara
4th December, 2010, 08:51 PM
Think you completely got the wrong end of racin's post there nara.

You may well be right. He can be difficult to interpret at times.

Bulld0g
4th December, 2010, 08:55 PM
You may well be right. He can be difficult to interpret at times.

Lets keep to the topic

1slyfox
16th December, 2010, 08:40 AM
The question of god's existence is becoming irrelevant. The answers to this question have always been, and will continue to be opinions. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but as I'm sure many have encountered, opinions are nothing more than conjecture, or in simple terms, a guess. Is god real...not a chance!!! Can I prove this...no. Can you prove otherwise? Definitely not.

Religion has always been corrupt...provoking fear in those who fail to use reason and logic, and more importantly, proof, to govern their own beliefs.

Am I wrong? Only GOD will tell....lol

thered
17th December, 2010, 08:50 AM
if i was in a library would the bible be in the fact or fiction section ?

i think that people are entitled to believe in god which one well they are all the same really just a little bit different story yet people kill each other over it

i just think in this day and age How is anyone stupid enough to believe that moses could part a sea,noah got all the animals on a wooden boat all 1,250,000 x 2 and that damn devil he is a nasty piece of work you want to stear clear

In the year 2010 i would have thought by now that everyone has grasped the Bible as some kind of early law to guide communities into harmony with the consequence of being a thug a thief a killer or just a downright nasty pasty meant you were punished in the afterlife which of course no one can prove

The bible an early guide into law and order

albertros
17th December, 2010, 09:19 AM
Seems to me some people have looked for God and found him, and some people havn't looked for God and not found him.

:flybye:

thered
17th December, 2010, 06:04 PM
Seems to me some people have looked for God and found him, and some people havn't looked for God and not found him.

:flybye:

i am not very good at hide and seek lol

thered
17th December, 2010, 06:18 PM
also a common cold ....
do you think that this is not acheivable ?
a cure for the common cold could be achieved if the goverment and companys supporting the cold remedy will approve funds for the actual research int the viral infection which is assumed to cause it ?
but alas too much money can be made from aleviation of syptoms

i am not going to get too much into this but i just noticed and i totally disagree

I think governments would love to find a cure for a cold to save millions in doctors time and effort with people with a few sniffles a common cold is nothing more than a hinderance for a day or two

you seriously think that people ( drugs bosses )dont want their to be a cure for it because they would lose money they would make billions and Billions every year getting the next generation and the generation after immunised its a never ending chain of new borns all waiting on new injections

as for alleviating symptoms most people i know dont bother at all you just get on with it have an asprin or a paracetamol and thats to treat killer man flu lol

they can already cure colds and flu but the strain mutates making it innefective on the next mutation and to be fair i think curing things like cancer takes precedence over a runny nose

sweto
17th December, 2010, 06:25 PM
yes yes yes
i believe God
yes yes yes

racin-snake
17th December, 2010, 08:09 PM
lol
maybe a point for another thread the red

but i see your still are pretty ignorant of what can be achieved if certain concerns are not involving other financial interests

you really need to look at facts more than assumptions mate
many drug company's can and have a vested interest in remedies for symptoms of certain illnesses
so future research will be halted due to medications that alleviate symptoms
to be frank why spend money curing a thing when they make billions a year controlling drugs to help symptoms ?
who supplies the market with beechams powders and paracetamol and other cold remedies ?

the same company's that would be undertaking the development of vaccines ?

they dont give a flying ~~~~ of how many doctors hours wasted mate not in your wildest dreams have any company in this world ever put the priority on anything but profit

its not what the shareholders want mate
i think you need to wake up and realise that your comfy idealogical world with the nhs and the other stuff you seem to think is all there for us we should be thankful ......

for greed and profit surpass these in every day business
if there iant profit it aint getting done simples

have a look for some figures for costs and so on of cold remedy's and cold medication and think if they cure that they've lost a lot more than an immunisation programs worth

i think you need to see the facts before spouting your nonsense matey ....you are nieve or just simply totally misinformed lol

thered
17th December, 2010, 08:23 PM
lol
maybe a point for another thread the red

but i see your still are pretty ignorant of what can be achieved if certain concerns are not involving other financial interests

you really need to look at facts more than assumptions mate
many drug company's can and have a vested interest in remedies for symptoms of certain illnesses
so future research will be halted due to medications that alleviate symptoms
to be frank why spend money curing a thing when they make billions a year controlling drugs to help symptoms ?
who supplies the market with beechams powders and paracetamol and other cold remedies ?

the same company's that would be undertaking the development of vaccines ?

they dont give a flying ~~~~ of how many doctors hours wasted mate not in your wildest dreams have any company in this world ever put the priority on anything but profit

its not what the shareholders want mate
i think you need to wake up and realise that your comfy idealogical world with the nhs and the other stuff you seem to think is all there for us we should be thankful ......

for greed and profit surpass these in every day business
if there iant profit it aint getting done simples

have a look for some figures for costs and so on of cold remedy's and cold medication and think if they cure that they've lost a lot more than an immunisation programs worth

i think you need to see the facts before spouting your nonsense matey ....you are nieve or just simply totally misinformed lol

these are my opinions and are my own

who uses these treatments you talk about i would gues at 20% of sufferers

if there was an immunisation for colds and flu the whole population would get it an the every generation of kids and so on and so on

so wher is con?

also on a different note if there was a cure and immunisation for a cold and we were all told to go and get it i wonder what would happen?

and you know this is true

everyone would start saying they are poisioning us or similar with these drugs they want us to take

you cant win with the conspiracy lot the goalposts just get moved

racin-snake
17th December, 2010, 08:35 PM
conspiracy lot ?

nope mate don't think so
if you look you will see the data for costs incurred and costs gleaned by drug company's

and there are flu immunisations .. didn't you know ?

have a look at what the numbers and profits say and you will see that 20% is way out so far it would make your head spin
do not ever assume cos you don't take anything for a cold no one else does ?
that's just ludicrous
for instance how many cold drugs and remedies can you name off the cuff ?
lol and thats part of your answer
start a new thread and ile help ya see where it goes

but as always it comes down to one thing and that is MONEY
and most if not all drug company's spend more on adversing than research that's fair too huh ?

have a look mate you did it before look at the company's profit margin for cold and flu meds and look at the real picture
don't assume everything is for the greater good of mankind mate
it never will be period
as for goalposts they stay the same mate just different spin on the actual facts

why make anything if it is gonna dry up your cash supply ?

diagnoza_auto2000
19th December, 2010, 08:32 PM
I belive,and always i belive dosen mether what will happen

Grizz
20th December, 2010, 03:52 AM
A poll would be really interesting on this, to see if DKers fall along the 95/5% of believers/atheists if TheJackal (OP) could add one. i'd hazard a guess at 65/35

radiomaniack
20th December, 2010, 07:48 AM
It is undeed a very important question...And YES, i do believe in God,and i will always believe so no matter what.

cantona7
20th December, 2010, 08:48 PM
any god that allows children to be born with a heart defect or cancer is not a god i want to believe in , or the children in the world like poor baby p who live a miserable life until some evil bassad ends it for them.

if hypethetically i was god this would not happen as i live my life through moral values based on so called ten comandments that as far as i believe come from cleverish people 3000 ish years ago to keep the rabble from raping and killing each other, but i do believe the bible is nothing but a good work of fiction and nowt else as other wise this so called god (whatever name your religeon calls him)would not allow children to be raped , beaten , killed or born with medical defects as this goes against EVERY moral fibre that we all believe in

end of rant

FOR NOW :)

barrowmanandrew
21st December, 2010, 10:28 AM
A poll would be really interesting on this, to see if DKers fall along the 95/5% of believers/atheists if TheJackal (OP) could add one. i'd hazard a guess at 65/35

wow, what a stat........

i am surprised at that,
i thought there would be far more non belivers...

p.s.
if there is a god, what the ~~~~ does he/she do all day...?

bazare
21st December, 2010, 10:39 AM
Yes I also believe there is some kind of GOD / FORCE. Darvinism can't explain everything.

Grizz
21st December, 2010, 10:47 AM
wow, what a stat........
i am surprised at that,
i thought there would be far more non belivers...
p.s.
if there is a god, what the ~~~~ does he/she do all day...?

the figure varies according to source, but like you i reckon its higher in reality. there are a lot of people out there who are afraid to say they are atheist due to social reasons and maybe some lingering thoughts of the "fires of hell". i was speaking to a barmaid last year and religion came into conversation. my mate believed, she said she did, i didnt, and she asked me How can you say you dont think there is a God? what if you are wrong? finally she told me she thought i was right but was afraid to say it out loud, "just in case"

barrowmanandrew
21st December, 2010, 12:06 PM
the figure varies according to source like you but i reckon its higher in reality. there are a lot of people out there who are afraid to say they are atheist due to social reasons and maybe some lingering thoughts of the "fires of hell". i was speaking to a barmaid last year and religion came into conversation. my mate believed, she said she did, i didnt, and she asked me How can you say you dont think there is a God? what if you are wrong? finally she told me she thought i was right but was afraid to say it out loud, "just in case"

yep,
think it would be interesting to see a poll.
i think it would be nearer 50/50 on here......

Grizz
21st December, 2010, 02:36 PM
thejackal hasnt posted since September, maybe a mod could oblige if not too busy?

StormBringa
22nd December, 2010, 12:10 AM
For myself, I can say that some time to time, strange things just happened... to learn you something or punish you...

but ....

"God" is defined in every books concerning himself as THE guy...
He's supposed to be perfect... "les voix du seigneur sont imp?n?trables" as they said it in french...

Concerning MY judgement... "God" (if he really exist as such) is a HUGE narcisic person... why ???

because :

- You beleive in him, WHATEVER you did in your life, at the moment you asking absolution, you are forgiven and admited to heaven... (exept suicide or any capital sin...)

my understand : you're worshiping him = its ok you can stay

- Suicide : I worked with some sexual assault victims (my ex-GF was one of them...)... a lot of them (male as female) decided to "quit" due to their experiences and mostly after the legal procedure (a lot of them are just not listened by justice because they need prouvs...) and this persons lived a horrible life all the way and not because of themselves, and its just going to continue in the afterlife because they just tried to run from their misery...

only for that, if he really exist, I will smash him in the face with all my strengh...

- You are NOT beleive in him : you're going to hell

I don't know for you... but when someone think I'm not who I am or just don't beleive I can do or make something, I don't want the worse thing for him... and the only thing "God" will get with me if he really exist, is a huge enemy lol if he's as describe in the books...

maca
22nd December, 2010, 12:14 AM
the only god i worship is me dad you'll never meet a better bloke always there to help out and never gives anyone a bad word. and i can prove this ;)

themanfromuncle
22nd December, 2010, 10:35 AM
I don't believe in god. There is no god and there isn't any proof whatsoever that he does exist or could. The bible/tora/koran/whatever is not proof. They are just books writen by some religious fanatics and pressure groups of that time. God is a made-up concept to explain the unexplained. But only replaces one unexplained with another.

Religion has used, or better missused, this concept as a power tool for domination of the masses by the leaders of their so-called religions.

And for those who believe it is just a way of deflecting responsibility, not having to think for themselves and to cope with the knowledge that we don't and can't understand everything.

I do believe however that people who believe in god and that religions are dangerous. History has shown this so often in the past.

In general I find that everyone has a right to his or her own opinion about anything. But when this opinion poses a danger to others then I'm not so sure.

themanfromuncle
22nd December, 2010, 10:52 AM
And as for curing the common cold etc and the pharma industry.

It is not so easy to fight viruses contrary to for instance bacteria. Also don't over estimate the competencies of the pharma companies. Many of the drugs they discover are only found by luck. They have large computerised facilities that automaticaly test thousands of substances and combinations of these on certain test products. If they get a hit then scientist look into it further. It is like that viagra was "invented".

Also these companies goal is to make money, not cure people as such. They will only cure you for money. That is why some drugs that save lives and are proven to work get taken out of the market and no longer produced just because they don't make a profit, even if this means that people die.

As for the governements, they are incompetent and corrupt and the pharma lobby has loads of (our) money.

pantomime horse
22nd December, 2010, 01:45 PM
simple answer no

but I do believe in the power of " CHUCK NORRIS "

http://finickypenguin.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/chuck_norris.jpg

scruff1963
23rd December, 2010, 05:04 PM
I believe in God.
I don't need to justify it to anyone.
Everyone assumes the man in the white robes with the long beard but it just goes to show you watch to much tv.

Cronus
23rd December, 2010, 05:31 PM
According to the bible, God killed 2,391,421 people and Satan only killed 10.

Anyone think that believers could be following the wrong guy?

Itsme
23rd December, 2010, 06:27 PM
Most people have to believe in something and GOD (any God) is covenient.

A famous quote from Voltaire:

"Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer" ("If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him."

thered
24th December, 2010, 09:44 AM
poll of european believers/disbelievers from 2005

Country Belief in god Belief in spirit Belief in neither

Turkey 95% 2% 1%
Malta Malta 95% 3% 1%
Cyprus Cyprus 90% 7% 2%
Romania Romania 90% 8% 1%
Greece Greece 81% 16% 3%
Portugal Portugal 81% 12% 6%
Poland Poland 80% 15% 1%
Italy Italy 74% 16% 6%
Republic of Ireland 73% 22% 4%
Croatia 67% 25% 7%
Slovakia 61% 26% 11%
Spain Spain 59% 21% 18%
Austria Austria 54% 34% 8%
Lithuania Lithuania 49% 36% 12%
Switzerland Switzerland 48% 39% 9%
Germany Germany 47% 25% 25%
Luxembourg Luxembourg 44% 28% 22%
Hungary Hungary 44% 31% 19%
Belgium Belgium 43% 29% 27%
Finland Finland 41% 41% 16%
Bulgaria Bulgaria 40% 40% 13%
Iceland Iceland 38% 48% 11%
United Kingdom 38% 40% 20%
Latvia Latvia 37% 49% 10%
Slovenia Slovenia 37% 46% 16%
France France 34% 27% 33%
Netherlands Netherlands 34% 37% 27%
Norway Norway 32% 47% 17%
Denmark Denmark 31% 49% 19%
Sweden Sweden 23% 53% 23%
Czech Republic 19% 50% 30%
Estonia Estonia 16% 54% 26%

Source

http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/ebs/ebs_225_report_en.pdf

TheJackel
30th December, 2010, 09:53 PM
Its good to see this thread develop, my own personnel view is that people want to believe there is something/anything a higher being call it what you will, it deflects from the hum drum of daily life and gives people hope and a purpose it gives them goals and guidelines. If it works for you then who am i to try and stop you, change you.

Not for me though.

If a mod could add a poll it would be appreciated.

Do you believe in a God ?

Do you believe in something, a higher being ?

Do you not believe in anything ?

thered
30th December, 2010, 11:15 PM
on a serious note when i was younger i did pray for a mountain bike when they were brand new out

i got a scruffy second hand grifter with a flat tyre stuck in 3rd gear about 10 years out of date

True story in what was a happy childhood especially when me mates seen it i think i made a big story up about they got me a 5hit bike to mess about on and my good bike was kept at home for special occasions when no body was looking

happy days like the time i wanted a commodore 64 and got its ~~~~in 5hite brother a commodore plus 4

me ~~~~in sister got a ~~~~in mountain bike though

anyway rant over im starting to get pi55ed off again

loncell
31st December, 2010, 04:21 PM
and jesus ?

early hippie with the gift of the gab !.

Tbolbi
31st December, 2010, 04:39 PM
...seated side by side, two gentlemen from two different worlds...

And there they were, on a flight from Cape Town to Durban, seated side by side, two gentlemen from two different worlds.... After the formalities were covered, the conversation continued....

Bob: I don't believe in God, but rather in science and technology, something tangible you see, but if you can prove to me scientifically that God does exist then I would consider such a thought.

Yunus: Okay, you being interested in technology, please answer this question......with regard to an advanced machine or electronic device, who would be the one to know the most about its mechanism or functioning?

Bob: Well, perhaps the person who has invented or manufactured such a machine.

Yunus: Can we agree that it is the maker or creator of the product who would know every-thing there is to know about the product.

Bob: I don't see why not, it sounds reasonable.

Yunus: Being knowledgeable in these matters, the next question I'd like to ask you is, Just how did the world or the universe come into existence?

Bob: According to recent scientific research, the whole universe was one gigantic mass, which scientists call the primary Nebula, they tell us that it was a cosmic explosion or a secondary explosion that gave rise to the sun, the stars, the planets and even the Earth we live on.

Yunus: Is this what you believe?

Bob: Yes of course, these are established facts based on scientific proofs. In fact, this idea was realised in 1973 and termed the 'BIG BANG' theory.

Yunus: I see, well I have a surprise for you....In the Holy Quraan, chapter 21, verse 30 says. "Do the disbelievers not see that the heavens and the earth were joined together, then I split them apart". Here we can see that the Holy Quraan is speaking about this 'BIG BANG' theory and let me tell you that the Holy Quraan was revealed over 1400 years ago.

Bob: I have heard about the Quraan, but can you refresh my memory.

Yunus: Sure, the Muslim believes the Quraan to be the word of God, pure and unadulterated which was revealed verbally to the Prophet of Islam, Mohammed, Peace be upon him, through the agency of the Angel Gabriel. The Holy Quraan was completed over a period of 23 years, that is over the prophetic life of the Prophet of Islam.

------
yes i do belive in GoD and Mohamed , and i don't need to proof it but may be this history can make some of you belive in GoD and Mohamed

Tbolbi
31st December, 2010, 05:01 PM
have a look in this link too :

Prophet Muhammad - You Must Know This Man (http://www.beautifulislam.net/intro/you_must_know_this_man.htm)

ITS A SCAM !
31st December, 2010, 05:25 PM
All those who say they believe in God must also believe in the 10 commandments. And how many of these folk do c/s or run a patched STB etc.
c/s is classed as stealing and one of the 10 commandments is that "You shall not steal"
That seems a bit wrong to me...lol

djack137
27th January, 2011, 10:26 PM
Respect to all opinions here. Bit hard to prove until you're dead really. My thoughts are that when I was 'trying' for the kids, (Biblical sense), I don't really recall doing any of the design work myself, and the missus swears she didn't either!

Cronus
3rd February, 2011, 01:16 AM
http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/the-bible-cycle.jpg

tshirtman
3rd February, 2011, 02:01 AM
I believe in God.
I don't need to justify it to anyone.
Everyone assumes the man in the white robes with the long beard but it just goes to show you watch to much tv.

so what did Michelangelo use as reference when he painted the Sistine chapel.

File:God2-Sistine Chapel.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:God2-Sistine_Chapel.png)

Cronus
11th February, 2011, 12:07 AM
Not heard this song for years but the lyrics perfectly sum it all up in my opinion.

I never wanted
I never needed
I never begged
And I never pleaded
To a god unknown
That I won't let in
Cos religion is business
And there's money in sin

You're blind and offended
When reality hurts
But I've never seen Jesus
Inside a church
And I've prayed
I won't pay to be saved
Buying a brief
burst of heaven

Immaculate deceptions
Going on everyday
Still you follow the clowns
Who give the circus away
Reaching for something
That's never been felt
And they're
tightening their
grip
On your bible belt

Dead eye disciples
Who sin too deep
Jesus loves you
But his love don't come cheap
And you pray
Yeah, you pray to be saved
Buying a brief
burst of heaven

I never wanted
I never needed
I never begged
And I never pleaded
Pained by beliefs
Of lies and deceits
When cash must be shown
To this god unknown
And we pray
We're too frightened to stray
Buying a brief
burst of heaven

Jesus loves you
But I don't

Jesus loves you
But I don't
Jesus loves you
Kill your idols

Religion induced insanities
Pained by beliefs
Pained by beliefs
That I don't believe anymore

Vid here if you want to listen to it YouTube - The Almighty:Jesus Loves You....

Ricky Warwick is class.

Snaz
11th February, 2011, 08:16 AM
I believe in Allah and his Messengers Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W)

RedSpider
11th February, 2011, 05:12 PM
No....
Does he believe in me?

bowie
12th February, 2011, 04:05 PM
i believe.

bazare
12th February, 2011, 04:52 PM
you know how they say ... it's easy not to believe in God as long as you are doing fine, but it's hard not to believe in anything when you are near the end.

Vixen
13th February, 2011, 02:29 AM
Yes I believe

thered
17th February, 2011, 06:11 PM
...seated side by side, two gentlemen from two different worlds...

And there they were, on a flight from Cape Town to Durban, seated side by side, two gentlemen from two different worlds.... After the formalities were covered, the conversation continued

Bob: Yes of course, these are established facts based on scientific proofs. In fact, this idea was realised in 1973 and termed the 'BIG BANG' theory.

Yunus: I see, well I have a surprise for you....In the Holy Quraan, chapter 21, verse 30 says. "Do the disbelievers not see that the heavens and the earth were joined together, then I split them apart". Here we can see that the Holy Quraan is speaking about this 'BIG BANG' theory and let me tell you that the Holy Quraan was revealed over 1400 years ago.

Struggling with the moral

The bible is just words which are interpreted to mean whatever you choose to suit

could just as easily mean god split them apart to keep the sinners from the gates of heaven ( which would probably be more plausible) after all what was earth doing joined to heaven if a big bang caused earths being?

If it wasnt meant to be interpreted many different ways to suit the answers would be at the back

on another note why is christians and muslims different faiths any fool can see they both follow more or less the same fictional characters and writings

wag220
21st February, 2011, 04:23 AM
Absolutely,I believe.

Snowy79
21st February, 2011, 08:56 AM
God, my second favourite fictional character behing Bart Simpson. Let's face it the bible is a story book that has been re-written many times to fit in with peoples beliefs. It's hard enough to get decent information in todays technologigal society never mind going back a few thousand years to a story that probably started with chinese whispers. It's a business that preys on some peoples needs to fill a void in their lives and if that keeps them happy good luck to them. Enough of my rant I'm off to talk to the fairies at the bottom of my garden.

Grizz
21st February, 2011, 09:59 AM
No offence intended, but i thought it was funny

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm65/Troyv2/1195095638261.jpg

racin-snake
21st February, 2011, 07:42 PM
DARTH SIDIOUS lol now thats a dopleganger !!!!!

svcondor
22nd February, 2011, 05:17 AM
I'm not sure which god you're refering to, but I haven't seen any evidence for any of them.

RedSpider
22nd February, 2011, 02:33 PM
I believe in the very hungry caterpillar and nothing else

Shady
22nd February, 2011, 02:44 PM
i believe that for every particle of precipitation that adheres to newtons 1st law of gravity, a flower grows.
I believe that the rotation of the earth dictates that it is night somewhere on the planet right now, and that random singularities dictate that in one of these places, a candle glows.
I believe that if a person gets lost, the sheer quantity of people inhabiting this planet means that sooner or later, someone will come to show the way.
I believe
I believe
I believe that even above the decibel level of a storm, depending on proximity,the smallest prayer will still be heard.
I believe that the ratio of people with perfect hearing to people with no hearing ability means that someone, hears every word.
Every time I hear a newborn baby vocalise its first sound, or touch an above ground plant organ specialised for the process of photosynthesis, or see the part of the atmosphere visible from the surface of the planet, then i know why I believe.

RedSpider
22nd February, 2011, 04:15 PM
I believe in miracles... Where you from, you sexy thing?
YouTube - Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing

somad
22nd February, 2011, 06:56 PM
There could be an unknown universal force behind the so called big bang, and if anyone wants to call it GOD then fine by me.

BUT, I am absolutely certain than none of the religions or cults on earth has got it right.

Religion is the root to all evil, and might actually lead to the end of civilisation.
Many religions have armageddon as the ultimate "goal", and thereby the situation could spiral in this direction.
As things get worse, this could lead to more people believe that the religions has got it right and join in on the "fun".

As many people seems to need to believe in something to function well, I can only hope that the more up-to-date religions increase in popularity compared to the more outdated ones.

Reading the bible letter-by-letter is not a good thing.
And doing the same with the book that we can't even mention without getting into trouble is also not a good thing.

In my head Jesus was a dude trying to modernize the stubborn old-school guys.
Not sure about the other one that doesn't like to be in pictures.

Maybe "the force" in Star Wars is a better choice to believe in.

somad
22nd February, 2011, 07:13 PM
As a side note:

Standard organizations often face similar problems when trying to agree on a new common standard.
Members from the different previous standards are reluctant to give up the methods and regulations in their old standards, although they can often not explain the reason or background for these methods and regulations. The people who made them are now dead.

At the time written they made perfect sense to someone, and was useful and much better than nothing.

racin-snake
22nd February, 2011, 07:30 PM
here ya go SOMAD..knock yourself out heres the link to become a jedi
Temple of the Jedi Order Church of Jediism - Become a Jedi - Home (http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/)

its just another form of indoctrination but go for it lol

Meat-Head
27th February, 2011, 03:33 AM
*CONFUSED*

OFF TOPIC:??????????

Was looking at this, assuming it's genuine, explain this?

YouTube - 11 year old boy reincarnated FOX 8 News

somad
5th March, 2011, 04:05 PM
It's still a few years until science can explain stuff like this.
Religion will have to do for those in need of an answer right now.

Some people can use a branch from a tree to point on a map where a missing person is lying dead in the forest.
Maybe there is a common memory backup server out there that some people can tap into.
This boy got a previously used space that wasn't properly erased.

Xavier from X-men had some sort of connection device.

Meat-Head
5th March, 2011, 05:49 PM
Good joke!!!

Not a joke, really is a God

@ pat

NO OFFENSE INTENDED

Think you meant to say "Mohammed makes a profit" that's the guy in the burger bar

NO OFFENSE INTENDED

bowie
5th March, 2011, 09:27 PM
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned

Snowy79
5th March, 2011, 10:34 PM
As long as God gets his judgement for scuttling Mary whilst Joseph was out trying to earn a living.

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned

GastonJ
5th March, 2011, 10:36 PM
That's according to Mary though, so you never know :D

Cronus
5th March, 2011, 10:50 PM
If God had sex with Mary without her consent then that's rape. Alternatively, Mary consented in which case she committed adultery (breaking God's seventh commandment).

Now considering Jesus had a rapist for a father or an adulterer for a mother, how can he be so preachy about things?

There is also this point:

The first commandment state: "I am the Lord your God, you shall have no other Gods but me."
The first two deadly sins are: "Vanity & Envy."

Hypocrite!!!

If there is a God though then he can't have been very clever. If he had just taken out a few more ribs, Adam wouldn't have needed a woman at all.

Shady
5th March, 2011, 10:53 PM
a news story way back when stated that a house hadbeen destroyed by some form of weather (cant remember what type, tornado or summat).. anyhoo, a woman in the house survived and thanked god for saving her...

that would be the same god that just ~~~~ing destroyed your house and killed the rest of the inhabitants yeah?
no offence, but if you believe in god, your a silly ~~~~er.

GastonJ
5th March, 2011, 10:58 PM
God is a made up excuse:

1) So that priests can claim to be better then everyone else
2) So whatever church can make money/goods/whatever in the name of god
3) So that wars can be started and fought in the name of someone who doesn't exist

At least the scientologists haven't used such an excuse for killing anyone that I know of. Mind you they are all nutcases :)

Shady
5th March, 2011, 11:00 PM
....also..
god is an easy answer.

'why did granny die'?
'god wanted her to'
'why is that man kissing grandmas corpse'
'god said to'

etc etc

maca
5th March, 2011, 11:01 PM
....also..
god is an easy answer.

'why did granny die'?
'god wanted her to'
'why is that man kissing grandmas corpse'
'god said to'

etc etc
well gods a coont then

Shady
5th March, 2011, 11:02 PM
well gods a coont then

amen brother!
testify!

maca
5th March, 2011, 11:04 PM
god spelt backwards is dog

mtv1
>>click here to see GOD<< (http://www.hi795.com) i believe :)

Shady
and if you swop the 'r' and 'h' around in 'rolf harris'
you sound like a dog saying it..

GastonJ
5th March, 2011, 11:05 PM
does that mean god is the true anti-dog?

maca
5th March, 2011, 11:06 PM
yea and theres a devil dog to

Shady
5th March, 2011, 11:07 PM
and krypto the super dog...
im converted!
i DO believe in dog!

bowie
6th March, 2011, 02:15 PM
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the
inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in
the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of
darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost
children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know
my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Grizz
6th March, 2011, 03:54 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2804/4420970093_e802765144.jpg

But im tryin' Ringo, im tryin real hard.

Shady
6th March, 2011, 03:56 PM
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the
my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

see thats the thing, the only 'proof' believers offer is quotes from the bible.

Snowy79
6th March, 2011, 04:27 PM
Not only does the Bible read like it's been written by someone with serious mental health issues but if you believe it or can even interpret it you need to get out more. Get real, the Bible has been re-written so many times and diluted from it's initial wording to make money from those that have problems thinking for themselves.

Just look at how many versions there are and how many differences between Religions there are or even how many Gods there are. I mean who thought up the idea of lobbing off your foreskin as a Religious requirement or don't eat Bacon,Fish or any other type of flesh. Fast for a month, don't touch Alcohol and if you are a Martyr you're going to get a slack handfull of Virgins. Shit some even think it's alright to be a kiddie fiddler and Marry kids. Some don't believe in Evolution even though the proof is in front of them.Or the ones that are at least up front and just ask for 10% or more of your cash.

It's a business designed by the few to get a quality of life from the many. Just look at the wealth in Churches and the Vatican. If they sold off their assets it could do away with World Poverty but they won't as underneath it's about power.

QUOTE=bowie;1003700]"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the
my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."[/QUOTE]

Meat-Head
6th March, 2011, 07:56 PM
a news story way back when stated that a house hadbeen destroyed by some form of weather (cant remember what type, tornado or summat).. anyhoo, a woman in the house survived and thanked god for saving her...

that would be the same god that just ~~~~ing destroyed your house and killed the rest of the inhabitants yeah?
no offence, but if you believe in god, your a silly ~~~~er.

May bee 'God' is a delmlition company, anyway insurance company's think 'he' is real, "sorry we are not paying for your house fire act of god"

Wolfpack
6th March, 2011, 10:38 PM
Is there a god? I don't know but i know for sure if there is he sure wouldn't ask you to blow yourself up and kill in the name of god. I'm sure he wouldn't tell you to run onto a bus and start shooting and i know he wouldn't tell you to fly a plane full of people into a building. So is their a God? I'm sure for some also what else are you going to believe in?

bowie
7th March, 2011, 09:24 AM
when you are at your lowest point and all hope is lost only then will you turn to God

bowie
7th March, 2011, 09:28 AM
see thats the thing, the only 'proof' believers offer is quotes from the bible.

and can you prove he does'nt exist?

Snowy79
7th March, 2011, 10:18 AM
I think the state the World is in today is enough proof he doesn't exist. He is credited for creating the World by some and look at it. I'd hate to think what a shit job he's made of Heaven.

GastonJ
7th March, 2011, 01:11 PM

I can't prove that elves aren't fighting a war with the faeries, but that doesn't mean either exist or that neither exist. The bible is just a book that was manipulated by the so called Christians to contain what they wanted and excluded those things that they didn't want - it's called revisionism that was carried out over a great number of years by those who had something to gain.

If the pope really is dogs representative on earth then the insurance companies would have been onto him demanding payment for all the acts of god that have taken place and destroyed peoples lives.

As it is the pope is the head of the biggest money making scam on the planet, and religion the biggest excuse used for the cause of many deaths. How many more people must die in the name of one god or another?

It's about time it was all abolished.

Shady
7th March, 2011, 01:38 PM
the burden of proof isn't on me..its on you..PROVE he exists

RedSpider
7th March, 2011, 01:42 PM
Captain Kirk found god. Captain kirk battered god. I believe in captain kirk

Shady
7th March, 2011, 01:45 PM
what DOES god need with a starship????

Snowy79
7th March, 2011, 02:15 PM
If you're Dyslexic do you sell your soul to Santa ?

bowie
7th March, 2011, 03:59 PM
the burden of proof isn't on me..its on you..PROVE he exists

why?
i could'nt give a toss you dont believe in God.
but some of the things being said in this thread are diabolical. and if any of you were this disrespectful to islam this thread would of shut long ago.

and one day you'll all need help, from God or whoever, and you'll pray for that help. but you won't admit it

bowie
7th March, 2011, 04:07 PM
I think the state the World is in today is enough proof he doesn't exist. He is credited for creating the World by some and look at it. I'd hate to think what a shit job he's made of Heaven.

you'll have lucifer to blame for that.
to many non believers lead to his uprising. just look at all the hate in the world today, it must mean something

Snowy79
7th March, 2011, 05:28 PM
It's about time God and the Devil got a room. We all know they're just playing hard to get. ;-)

GastonJ
7th March, 2011, 05:48 PM
to many non believers lead to his uprising. just look at all the hate in the world today, it must mean something

No you have religion to blame for that, and the people who claim that god is on their side and that they are right.
:boxing:

jonnyluvrod
8th March, 2011, 09:40 AM
I love this thread!!!

It also contains the best post I've ever read and explains exactly how I see religion...

racin-snake
8th March, 2011, 06:56 PM
to be totally honest i don't care either way if god is or isn't real
i stick with the facts
i wouldn't quote the sales pitch if i didn't care either
so Bowie if you don't care a toss whether any of us believe or not
why the biblical spiel ?
funnily enough i see religion as MacDonalds or burger king
they sell the same but slight differences
but if you don't like burgers don't go to either
religion as said before is a poor substitute for a moral justice and in my opinion religious types feel elevated by there belief ie
Muslims call Christians infidels for believing in somic different... words like heathen and so on make them feel important
in my opinion i don't give a toss about labels
believe if you want to
but dont shove it up the non believers arses
believe and hope your particular brand of god redeems YOU !
in my oppinion and firm conclusion is HE WONT

as for hatred i think religion fuels this more than any other single thing ?

MUSLIMS ,JEWS, PROTESTANT CATHOLIC ,OR ANY OTHER OF THE OFFSHOOTS
I FEEL THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE IF RELIGION WAS KEPT AS RELIGION AND NOT INVOLVED IN POLITICS
BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT BUT LEAVE US WHO DON'T
TO DO OUR THING ? not deemed as agnostic just people who can guide by our own moral compass ......
THAT WOULD BE NICE ...NO ?

bowie
8th March, 2011, 07:44 PM
ok, hands up, i've been on a bit of a wind up.
but someone must of caused "the big bang".

also' we should all have little respect for religion.

throughout the ages religion and land were the two main reasons for war. it seems now it is oil.....or an americans right to have one

colh
8th March, 2011, 11:36 PM
does that mean god is the true anti-dog?

Good luck with that master plan of your.Millions before you have tried it but I think their tombstones give the answer.

GastonJ
8th March, 2011, 11:38 PM
Aye well my plan goes day by day, I keep reviewing it to make sure it's all ok and as long as I can review it I cannot find fault with it :D

RedSpider
9th March, 2011, 12:59 AM

Yes... It means that mankind, by nature are coonts lol

liningpolice
15th March, 2011, 02:01 AM
No, i do not believe in god, religion is the biggest bunch of bull shit i have ever heard? What is the chance that we know what will happen when we die? There are endless possibilities and no one knows...

Kalipo
19th March, 2011, 12:05 PM
Im not sure if there is a god..

Adam and eve where a weird couple.. who had children who married each other and had children..

Why on earth would you interbreed with your own family?? just doesnt add up :(

handyguy2002
19th March, 2011, 12:32 PM
If Adam and eve where real how come we are difrent colours
and if god was real how come no one has ever seen ,

where is the proof, :party:

johnboy1974
19th March, 2011, 01:59 PM
dont believe myself i have seen too many bad things happen in my life to believe that an almighty being sat by and sanctioned them.

Meat-Head
19th March, 2011, 04:53 PM
dont believe myself i have seen too many bad things happen in my life to believe that an almighty being sat by and sanctioned them.

Aunty says 'God' had a problem with the bathrrom light, so 'he' sent for my Daddy.:bawling: - Only my Daddy could fix it apparently.:bawling:

Snowy79
19th March, 2011, 08:42 PM
When the story book, sorry Bible was first written Adam was married to Lilith. How come she's been written out of the sequels?

racin-snake
19th March, 2011, 09:38 PM
you'd have to travel back in time to AD 325
and ask at the council of Nicaea that one mate

as when Constantine's lot did the final edit she got left on the cutting room floor
along with several other characters

webhead
20th March, 2011, 03:11 AM
well theres no god only the kind in the shape of an oil barrel ,and yes once this dries up in aprox 20 years ,then your religion and all else goes out window as life as you know it now wont be around anymore , unless they find another few trillion barrels which is impossible as there aint none left.

and i got my gun ready and waiting for this time to come and religous fruits will be on my a list.

best thing to do is buy a house with land start crop rotating now and protect it , food will be worth more than money as it might just save your lifes.

sirmaroc
20th March, 2011, 03:21 AM
Yes, I feel there has to be some high power...
Everything has a creation, without god who created us?
Big Bang? Who created that?

tshirtman
20th March, 2011, 03:57 AM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Many races believe that it was created by some sort of God,
though the Jatravartid people of Viltvodle VI believe that the
entire Universe was in fact sneezed out of the nose of a being
called the Great Green Arkleseizure.
The Jatravartids, who live in perpetual fear of the time they
call The Coming of The Great White Handkerchief, are small blue
creatures with more than fifty arms each, who are therefore
unique in being the only race in history to have invented the
aerosol deodorant before the wheel.

However, the Great Green Arkleseizure Theory is not widely
accepted outside Viltvodle VI and so, the Universe being the
puzzling place it is, other explanations are constantly being
sought."

most probably some hoopy frood, because he really knows where his towel is.

parahandy
20th March, 2011, 04:06 AM
Yes, I feel there has to be some high power...
Everything has a creation, without god who created us?
Big Bang? Who created that?

It's all a bit of a mind f*ck really isn't it.

The Universe didn't just happen. It must have had somewhere to happen in the first place.

So who made the place that the Universe happened in?

Even Stephen Hawking can't answer that.

bowie
20th March, 2011, 09:32 AM
When the story book, sorry Bible was first written Adam was married to Lilith. How come she's been written out of the sequels?

did you know people sing lullabys (lilith bye) to their babies to keep lilith away

Kalipo
20th March, 2011, 11:32 AM
It's all a bit of a mind f*ck really isn't it.

The Universe didn't just happen. It must have had somewhere to happen in the first place.

So who made the place that the Universe happened in?

Even Stephen Hawking can't answer that.

We can't answer it as there isnt a true understanding.. theres too much out there to understand..

If god created everything, why are we the only species who worship him? why dont animals show some sort of worship?

If we evolved from apes who couldn't speak and had basic ideals. How could they worship this god??

And last question, why did he create knobheads.... murderers and rapists??

webhead
21st March, 2011, 03:28 PM
well i can answear your question ,humans are here because they were put here and mixed and matched by beings from another world, simple as that, they wiped the dinos out so we had enough room to expand and not keep getting eaten by giant animals.

the univers got created from another colliding universe this is a loop effect happens all the time, black holes will lead you to the other universes, each 1 goes to its own universe and so on, but i cant tell you how the first 1 started.

soon you will see im right.

aliens get here through bending time and space they also travel between universe,s through the black holes, send a probe down 1 and you will see.

to get off a planet requires alot of force ,but easyily done with high voltage and alot of magnetic flux, soon your see ufo,s from earth with nuclear power to create the affects im talking about , its the only way we will truely have the power to travel anywhere in our universe unless were feeling brave and what to go to another universe through the black holes.

simple there you go no god just science

i suppose you could say the aliens that created us are gods but there not just got more brains but were get there if not let down by goverments.

Bulld0g
21st March, 2011, 03:30 PM
Meaty is that you lol

bowie
21st March, 2011, 06:58 PM
well i can answear your question ,humans are here because they were put here and mixed and matched by beings from another world, simple as that, they wiped the dinos out so we had enough room to expand and not keep getting eaten by giant animals.

the univers got created from another colliding universe this is a loop effect happens all the time, black holes will lead you to the other universes, each 1 goes to its own universe and so on, but i cant tell you how the first 1 started.

aliens get here through bending time and space they also travel between universe,s through the black holes, send a probe down 1 and you will see.

to get off a planet requires alot of force ,but easyily done with high voltage and alot of magnetic flux, soon your see ufo,s from earth with nuclear power to create the affects im talking about , its the only way we will truely have the power to travel anywhere in our universe unless were feeling brave and what to go to another universe through the black holes.

i suppose you could say the aliens that created us are gods but there not just got more brains but were get there if not let down by goverments.

wow!!!!!!!!!!

nara
21st March, 2011, 07:28 PM

That must be some good shit you've been smoking! :marchmellow::marchmellow::marchmellow:

Snowy79
21st March, 2011, 10:29 PM
"With or without religion,you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes Religion."

bowie
21st March, 2011, 11:48 PM
"With or without religion,you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes Religion."

but then they would be evil people

Snowy79
22nd March, 2011, 07:29 AM
But it takes Religion to turn them Evil.

but then they would be evil people

nara
22nd March, 2011, 08:59 AM
But it takes Religion to turn them Evil.

Don't follow your logic there Snowy. As bowie says, if they do evil things then they are evil people.

RedSpider
22nd March, 2011, 10:43 AM

you present this like its fact. show your workings

Snowy79
22nd March, 2011, 06:42 PM
If you drive a car after drinking 12 pints you are a drunk driver. If you don't drink you are still a driver, just not drunk. In other words it's the additional factor that changes someone. I've seen a few people that were decent folk turn to religion and within a couple of years became very bitter and twisted towards those that don't believe. If they hadn't gotten into religion they wouldn't have become bitter against those that don't believe.

Don't follow your logic there Snowy. As bowie says, if they do evil things then they are evil people.

vwpassat
22nd March, 2011, 06:54 PM
Yes, I do.

George Carlin | Stand-Up Comedy Database | Dead-Frog - A Comedy Blog (http://www.dead-frog.com/comedians/comic/george_carlin/)

First Vid.

thered
23rd March, 2011, 11:39 AM
i watched a program last night well actually i didnt i flicked it on for a bit and there was some bird talking about secrets of the bible and apparantly even the original hebrew bible says there is more than one god cant remember the names now though i turned it off and watched joe frazier on espn classic instead

Shady
23rd March, 2011, 12:07 PM
even the original hebrew bible says there is more than one god cant
that were coincidentally left in the council of nicaea's rubbish bin.
see thats all the bible is, its an idiots guide to why we are here and how we are here and the answer is always the same 'the magic man in the clouds'
the romans,greeks,norse peoples,anglo-saxons, mesopatamians etc, all had the same idea (different gods are responsible for different things), but yet the christians debunk those ideologies as bunkum.
Well ive got news for you christians, every right minded person in the world denounces ALL deity worship as bunkum, whats good for the goose etc

thered
23rd March, 2011, 12:33 PM
that were coincidentally left in the council of nicaea's rubbish bin.
see thats all the bible is, its an idiots guide to why we are here and how we are here and the answer is always the same 'the magic man in the clouds'

who monkey magic ?

if i was to go to a library would it be in factual or fiction

i see the bible as an early guide to law and order to help rule in a civilised manner

what i like about it is everybody makes the own version up of it and interprets it how they see fit

here is a question though i went to a funeral last week the church service cost a massive ?800 ( he wasnt even religous)

he died of cancer did a little bit of singing and decided to make a cd for the bobby robson fund and sell them to raise cash

at the service the vicar mentioned this and decided to cash in and asked for donations at the end of the service promising half would go to the bobby robson fund (cheeky ~~~~er)

there was a fair bit of money raised a couple of hundred at least looking at the notes as i walked out

my question is Will the charity see any of it?

and if god is so nice why has he charged a dying mans family and friends around a ?1000 to bury him

i dont understand it does he use moneybookers? how do we get the money to him? does he have to wait nearly a week for a cheque to cash

and if he wants us not to live in sin why do we have to pay to get married?

does he have debts,mortagage arrears CSA to pay ?

i dont understand

Shady
23rd March, 2011, 12:36 PM
who monkey magic ?

if it was, i would definately believe...

phil-h
23rd March, 2011, 03:19 PM

Probably down to Candy, mate...

YouTube - Missing Bible Page (Red Dwarf - Funny)

TheJackel
27th March, 2011, 09:53 PM
Yes, I do.

Care to elaborate mate.

webhead
9th May, 2011, 11:26 AM
ok you want evidence in what i beleive in ok.

we have mastered dna we can clone we can create life in a dish , these are things we can now master .

so if we went to another planet and found ape like humans we could take there dna stick it in a dish mix it all up oohh look just like i said what happened to us .

we are all aliens what we can do now is geneticly put into our brains we will create all these things were supposed to then carry on what they sarted, but my other theory is that it could also be us from the future came back and started mucking around with stuff it could actualy be us that created what we have today, as we now know that it is possible to bend space and time ,and there working onit right now maybe we manage it in future and thats where it all begins us traveling back in time and changing things.

why did neanderthal die out ,why did a homo erectus win???

by now the missing link would have been found ,there isnt 1 only maybe we are it but from the future.. think about that 1.

alexbit68
9th May, 2011, 11:43 AM
The New Life Mission - Free Christian Books and eBooks for You! (http://www.bjnewlife.org/) is good read pls

MrFug
9th May, 2011, 07:03 PM
Try to read this. It's a great book. I'm open to ALL possibilities, but I find Dawkin's arguments most convincing of all.

""Being an atheist is nothing to be apologetic about. On the contrary, it is something to be proud of, standing tall to face the far horizon, for atheism nearly always indicates a healthy independence of mind and, indeed, a healthy mind"

thc4me
9th May, 2011, 07:21 PM
I beleive in what goes around comes around, cause and afect, action and reaction.
I also beleive in the all mighty Bud...
Free the weed.