PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes W202 vin identification problem

elchip
21st August, 2010, 02:32 PM
I have problem with old C-class W202 ECU.
After I program with STAR diagnose good VIN auto work ok but after a 10 - 20 time start in ECU VIN come all ZERO's.
Then I have ERROR - wrong ECU identification.
Again I reprogram ECU with STAR and all go OK and agin and again after couple or 10 - maybe 50 times of start same problem.(I have that problem on 3-4 ECU on different car's but all are W202 old C-class Mercedes ).

Can anybody give me way what is it and what is need ?

All type off help is welcome.
The best regard's to all on DK

mercis
21st August, 2010, 04:31 PM
i think,you have coding not finished,
you can uncoding ecu 10x on other car use for test
have you after coding ignition off and on?

elchip
21st August, 2010, 08:30 PM
i think,you have coding not finished,
you can uncoding ecu 10x on other car use for test
have you after coding ignition off and on?
I fallow procedure from STAR from start to end and probe with and without OFF/ON . All times same. The car come with same problem to me just one day did not want to start.After many research I was find to all times is problem in self destroy of VIN in ECU and filled with all ZERO. Every time I can code to ECU VIN without problem and diag sw at and give me to all is ok and car start normal. After couple of start stop or couple drive tour same problem.In middle time two more car come with same problem from very different location and different services where they go to service like customers.After that they was contact me can I probe to fix problem on car and I was accepted and offcours I find what they not check ( deleted VIN in ECU fill all with 00000).
All car are regular and have same problem like I post.
I was probe right now after your msg and same again hmmmmm ....:banghead:

hmb47000
22nd August, 2010, 05:36 AM
HI Elchip
did you programme a new key for this car ?
Regards

elchip
22nd August, 2010, 08:06 AM
HI Elchip
did you programme a new key for this car ?
Regards
No I did not edit key's. But if you suggest I can .
Regard's

hmb47000
22nd August, 2010, 09:45 AM
how it has arrived at the beginning,
the car came with this problem or after you reintroduce the serial number?
if the car came down, ask the customer how he spent

elchip
22nd August, 2010, 09:55 AM
how it has arrived at the beginning,
the car came with this problem or after you reintroduce the serial number?
if the car came down, ask the customer how he spent

It come with that problem, it simple didn't want to start and after I was look for the error - what is I found wrong identification in ECU. After I was reprogram VIN in ECU all is ok but start with same problem all ZERO's as VIN in ECU after not precise number of START or drive ......

I will see today to IMMO off only for test usage and see what will be and let you know if was any IMMO problem or ..:banghead:
Read post from start...
Thank's for interest to help me.

Please close my topic MODS.
(The problem is solved by full re flashing ECU with virgin and coding with STAR , sinhro keys etc and work good ).
Someone before me was learn on car ... hehe ( kid's or ghost's).