PDA

View Full Version : DW Bootup Picture

Celtictiger
15th April, 2008, 06:04 PM
I am thinking of flashing DreamWorldz 2.0img, but I suspect like other DW images it is covered by built in advertising such as the bootup screen etc. My question is...while DW images are top notch and it is not a intention to take from there quality work, is there away to remove this boot up picture via ftp or tux commander as it can prove to be a bit of a give away if you turn on the TV and there are visitors in the house and up comes a advert for a cable hack website.

smirnoff_rules
15th April, 2008, 06:16 PM
theres no way of removing it m8 .. they did put alot of working into it and if l did an image l think l would do the same

tony30uk
15th April, 2008, 06:26 PM
you could always boot up before anyone arrived, you only get the logo fom a power disconnection anyway so a normall switch on wouldnt give you the image

Devilfish
15th April, 2008, 06:29 PM
The permanent logo is there to stop traders changing it and charging to scan for channels.

If folk see the url then they will go to the site for help.

This does not mean that you need go anywhere other than this forum for support of any kind. This forum has all you need and more.

My box is on 24/7. :)

Celtictiger
15th April, 2008, 08:22 PM
Well that is a acceptable explanation....as I said in original message that it was not a intention to devalue DW just the convenience of not looking over your shoulder if you needed to bootup your dreambox with visitors in the room at the time....small price to pay for quality emu's.

Devilfish
15th April, 2008, 08:28 PM
Just turn the dreambox on a few minutes before your TV lol.