PDA

View Full Version : suzuki vitara will not start. Bought new ecu but think need to pair up immobilizer?

kd1
23rd August, 2010, 12:39 AM
hi I bought a 2nd hand ecu as the
car decided it didn`t want to fire up one day, and noticed the glow plug light was flashing.
I get error code 83 which indicates a fault in communication between ecu and immobilizer and the grand vitara is a year 2000 tdi with a denso immobilizer.
I replaced the ecu with the 2nd hand one I bought but will not start as I think the immobilizer needs pairing.
Have equipment for key pairing but not ecu to immo. Have checked all wiring and fuses between immobilizer and ecu and all is ok.

Does the t300 or mvp do this also would their be a chip in original ecu I could put into the new ecu that contains the immo code or any manual way I could do this my self with a programmer?

Keeping an open mind possibly ecu could be ok and immobilizer needs replacing, have two of these immobilizers so could possibly keep original ecu and swap a chip from original immobilizer with ecu code into new immobilizer but not sure which chip to remove if this were a possible fix?

kd1
23rd August, 2010, 09:16 PM
Does anybody have any kind of experience with this?
Have looked for a solution my self intensively with no luck.
Any help on this will be very much appreciated thanks kd1

kd1
24th August, 2010, 12:47 AM
Have to told on another forum that my only option might be a tech 2 which costs alot of money is this the only option? thanks

ocelot
27th August, 2010, 12:47 AM
you need read eeprom ecu and immobilizer by programmer ,
make synchronization of dumps , after write back

kd1
27th August, 2010, 01:59 PM
Ah right ok will do this as only swapped immo chips around and will let you know . Thanks kd1

sstop
29th August, 2010, 12:01 PM
hi I bought a 2nd hand ecu as the
car decided it didn`t want to fire up one day, and noticed the glow plug light was flashing.
I get error code 83 which indicates a fault in communication between ecu and immobilizer and the grand vitara is a year 2000 tdi with a denso immobilizer.
I replaced the ecu with the 2nd hand one I bought but will not start as I think the immobilizer needs pairing.
Have equipment for key pairing but not ecu to immo. Have checked all wiring and fuses between immobilizer and ecu and all is ok.

Does the t300 or mvp do this also would their be a chip in original ecu I could put into the new ecu that contains the immo code or any manual way I could do this my self with a programmer?

Keeping an open mind possibly ecu could be ok and immobilizer needs replacing, have two of these immobilizers so could possibly keep original ecu and swap a chip from original immobilizer with ecu code into new immobilizer but not sure which chip to remove if this were a possible fix?

Put back original ECU and immo.
On my carr was problem on immo. connector.
Disconnect and connect cable on immo. severel times and check connector!

lkhaga
30th December, 2010, 05:27 PM

Ocelot,
After reading eeproms by a programmer, how to make synchronization of these dumps??

lkhaga
30th December, 2010, 07:01 PM
What section of dump have to b copied to what section of another dump?

sebastian
31st December, 2010, 11:19 AM
Please read eprom inside ecu 93c56 and put here, to be able to eliminate immo