PDA

View Full Version : AUDI A4 1.8T Quattro B6 ECU read/write issues.

F-bone
23rd August, 2010, 09:27 PM
Hi guys,

I got the aforementioned car and I purchased the KWP2000+ flash system. I managed to read my ECU using the VAGME7 Flasher and I got a 1Mb file.

Now I got a mod file called 938.mod which is 128kb in size. Now this file is supposed to give extra horsepower but I cannot flash it. When I load it to the flasher I get a message similar to "file not exist".

Do I have to produce a modifiled ecu file by merging the 1mb original file and the 128kb mod file using WinOLS for example??

Or do I somehow flash the mod file (128kb) directly to the ECU?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Stelios.

AJH81_xx
23rd August, 2010, 09:44 PM
Hi guys,
I got the aforementioned car and I purchased the KWP2000+ flash system. I managed to read my ECU using the VAGME7 Flasher and I got a 1Mb file.
Now I got a mod file called 938.mod which is 128kb in size. Now this file is supposed to give extra horsepower but I cannot flash it. When I load it to the flasher I get a message similar to "file not exist".
Do I have to produce a modifiled ecu file by merging the 1mb original file and the 128kb mod file using WinOLS for example??
Or do I somehow flash the mod file (128kb) directly to the ECU?
Any help appreciated.
Regards,
Stelios.

You should have valid file for your ecu (1Mb).
(for right ecu, for right software...).
Best would be to modify tuned file from your original file by some tuner...
In my opinion it is very risky to flash some random file from internet...

exxl
23rd August, 2010, 10:30 PM
like AJH81_xx has said, send your original file to some profi tuner and let your original file tune...only this way you can be sure

everything other is playing poker

Joe019
24th August, 2010, 12:13 AM
THis little file that you have, is a little part of the 1MB file. Tables called it.

This little file has only the usual engine maps for tuned.

Dont try tuned this car as your own risk, you can damage the ecu!

Send file to some chiptuner and write into the ecu using same driver.

Regards

F-bone
24th August, 2010, 06:58 PM
thank you for the replies guys.. it is ok if I do a little damage to my car as long as I learn a few things.. (lots of damage would not be nice - my wife would kill me :))) ...I could use some help on how to integrate the modded file (the usuall maps) to the 1mb file and flash it back...

thank you in advance guys.

pvl
14th September, 2010, 06:13 PM
Please post original dumpfile and or specify your ecu-number from audi/bosch and the softwarenumber.

Thanks,

PvL