PDA

View Full Version : TPMS registering

rrob311
24th August, 2010, 02:43 PM
I think there should be a program that is freeware that allows people to register TPMS sensors on every vehicle. We do a lot of tires and I would like to be able to have a program on my laptop that will do every car. We have coverage for a few cars but it is time consuming to boot up both scanners and see which one has coverage. I have the tool that actuates the sensors but every mark seems to have a different method to register them. Since TPMS is now mandatory on new cars it is a conflict of interest to not be able to register sensors. Is there any way that the moderators of this site can put a seperate section for TPMS so people can search certain makes on how to register sensors? I know how to do it on GM and Mitsubishi off the top of my head.

thumthums
24th August, 2010, 03:05 PM
maybe this might help : search
Mitchell1 Tire Pressure Monitoring System Guide
Most procedures can be found in your Service Database under technicians reference

jcm2171
29th August, 2010, 02:35 PM
rrob how are you doing the mitsubishis, i know gm is with the remote

rrob311
29th August, 2010, 11:57 PM
I had to use the Snapon Verus. It has the software that accesses TPMS registering. My Genisys 08 software only showed data and didn't allow me to enter register mode. Once you enter register mode you can either use the tpms tool(if you have one I have a TIPS) to excite the sensors, or just lower the air pressure on each tire in any order. You have to do all 4 or 5 tires when you register one. When you let the air out it automatically sends the sensor ID to the main computer. After you let the air out of all the tires it will register all the sensors and then you are all set once you set them back to the pressure spec on the door. I would hope that the evoscan software would have access to mitsu tpms but I am not sure. Otherwise its the dealer scantool.