PDA

View Full Version : Wash File for CAT ECM ADEM4 and ADEM2

podo_waras
25th August, 2010, 11:02 AM
Does any body ever use wash file for CAT ECM ADEM2 and CAT ECM ADEM4?

toshor
25th August, 2010, 11:37 AM
I think I have the program u are talking about but i can not open it pm me if u what it

DDS
25th August, 2010, 05:40 PM
I have two wash files but they will not work with truck ecm with winflash.

podo_waras
26th August, 2010, 08:08 AM
I tought as long as it is ADEM3 ECM it can be used to clean the ECM like brand new

podo_waras
26th August, 2010, 08:10 AM
I think I have the program u are talking about but i can not open it pm me if u what it

If you dont mine,..please PM me the link,....and btw, for the wash file, it is working with WINFLASH from cat ET

dieselman77
26th August, 2010, 09:54 AM
I GOT A BUNCH OF FLASH FILES CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE FILE NAME OR NUMBER IS THEN I CAN GO AND LOOK IT UP AND SEE IF I CAN GET IT FOR YOU THANK YOU EVERYBODY HAVE A GOOD ONE

integraph
27th August, 2010, 01:19 AM
I heard of the "ECM Washout" thing they charge like 400$ at CAT, but didn't ever think a flash file would do it.

By the way, is there any of you who ever used the old "Cat Flash" software that was used before Winflash? I found it on an ooooold CAT flash files disc this morning and got curious about it. I can share if you guys want to see what it looked like. It's an old dos-based software. However it asks for a password which I don't have. Maybe some old/experienced techs would have this password ?

tonyspamone
27th August, 2010, 03:42 AM
I GOT A BUNCH OF FLASH FILES CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE FILE NAME OR NUMBER IS THEN I CAN GO AND LOOK IT UP AND SEE IF I CAN GET IT FOR YOU THANK YOU EVERYBODY HAVE A GOOD ONE

Here is the current list of flash files. over 230 pages. use ctrl f for the search option and put in your serial number prefix that you are working on, for example, 6NZ, 2WS BXS etc.

podo_waras
27th August, 2010, 07:07 AM
Dieselman,..some time you should put the falsh file on to NPR to check the update or similiar flash files than download that flash files to make it work.

toshor
27th August, 2010, 01:28 PM
her is the program I said it is supose wash the ecm but it has a password on it I can not open it so I am not sure if it works if some one can un lock it we can try it
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/415441126/CATFLASH.rar)

toshor
27th August, 2010, 01:36 PM
her is the file I think I have done it right

podo_waras
27th August, 2010, 09:50 PM
I'm still working on the Flash files DVD that I have, since I'm finish upload ing that files, I will post the Link.

PS: The files is quite big arroung 4 GB:rock:

Wristpin
27th August, 2010, 10:43 PM
I have several flash files I've collected over the last two years. If you need a specific one post the part number and I'll look for it.:willy:

integraph
27th August, 2010, 10:44 PM

That's funny, it's the exact same software I had for which I asked in my last post if anyone got the password. Somebody told you it was possible to wash an ECM with it ?

Far_Call
28th August, 2010, 03:12 AM
That's funny, it's the exact same software I had for which I asked in my last post if anyone got the password. Somebody told you it was possible to wash an ECM with it ?
The password is "master"

toshor
28th August, 2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks far_call have u used this program maybe u can help use drive it

dimitar22
28th August, 2010, 11:49 AM
What is the difference between flash and wash file?

Wristpin
29th August, 2010, 12:22 AM
A flash file can correct problems oem has had with their software plus other things and that's why they come out with new ones plus when you buy a new or reman ecm it normally comes blank and someone has to flash it.
A wash file was used years ago by cat and their dealers to clean a ecm to "like new condition", They haven't offered them for years from what I understand and I'm sure the ones that has turned up won't work. They would have to be ecm specific because how would it know what to clean?
Cat don't offer them anymore, now they want you to send the ecm back to be cleaned for a charge of course.

dieselman77
29th August, 2010, 12:54 AM
TRY THIS IS YOU WANT TO I WAS TOLD TO START THE FLASH AND JUST AS IT STARTS TO FLASH TURN THE IGNITION OFF AND IT WILL COMPLETELY ERASE THE ECM TO YOU CAN REPROGRAM TO WHATEVER YOU WANT I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT WORKS REALLY WELL AND YOU DONT HAVE TO CALL CAT FOR FACTORY PASSWORDS IT LETS YOU SET THE FTS/FLS WHEN IT IS A NEW PROGRAM HOPE THIS HELPS HAVE A GOOD DAY

Wristpin
29th August, 2010, 01:41 AM
TRY THIS IS YOU WANT TO I WAS TOLD TO START THE FLASH AND JUST AS IT STARTS TO FLASH TURN THE IGNITION OFF AND IT WILL COMPLETELY ERASE THE ECM TO YOU CAN REPROGRAM TO WHATEVER YOU WANT I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT WORKS REALLY WELL AND YOU DONT HAVE TO CALL CAT FOR FACTORY PASSWORDS IT LETS YOU SET THE FTS/FLS WHEN IT IS A NEW PROGRAM HOPE THIS HELPS HAVE A GOOD DAY

And if you mess up the ecm so it won't take a flash?? You're up the creek! You will have to buy another ecm plus you're engine is down till you get it going again. Also ecm's are very expensive. I bought one for a 2008 ford F750 with a cat C7 and it was 1500 dollars!!

I for one will not try this.

dieselman77
29th August, 2010, 06:10 AM
YOU DONT HAVE TO GO GETTING ALL MAD IT WAS JUST A SUGGESTION THAT WAS TOLD TO ME BY A FRIEND AND HE HAS NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL DOES IT ALL THE TIME IF YOU DONT WANT TO TRY IT THATS YOUR DECISION BUT IT BEEN PROVEN TO WORK WITH NO PROBLEMS

toshor
29th August, 2010, 12:21 PM
I have tryed it and it doesn't work . Has any one got the program working yet I am going to try it next week

dieselman77
29th August, 2010, 12:58 PM
YOU HAVE TO WAIT JUST TILL IT STARTS PROGRAMMING AND THEN TURN THE POWER OFF FOR THE IGNITION IT SHOULD WIPE OUT THE ECM MEMORY IF NOT THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU AFTER THAT I HAVE SEEN GUYS JUST PULL THE PLUG OUT OF THE 9 PIN CONNECTER BEFORE AND DO IT THAT WAY BUY SOMETIMES IT WILL NOT LET YOU SEND NEW CALIBRATION ITS REALLY RISKY AND I DONT RECOMMEND IT BECAUSE IF YOU CANT RECALIBRATE THEN YOU HAVE TO BRING THE ECM TO CATERPILLAR AND THEY CHARGE YOU ALOT OF MONEY

podo_waras
29th August, 2010, 09:12 PM
Dieselman77, I did several time like you're mention above, it is work, but there is a problem whenevrer you wants to prgram the ECM with another flash files, some time it will give you personality module mismatch and you will need factory password to solve this issue.

Toshor,..if you want to flash your ECM and there is personality module mismatch, just post the html file in this thread and hopefully somebody will help you for the factory password.

hanzem evr
9th September, 2010, 06:59 PM

please could you explian with more detiled

Strykerforce
10th September, 2010, 08:29 AM
Dieselman77, I did several time like you're mention above, it is work, but there is a problem whenevrer you wants to prgram the ECM with another flash files, some time it will give you personality module mismatch and you will need factory password to solve this issue.

Toshor,..if you want to flash your ECM and there is personality module mismatch, just post the html file in this thread and hopefully somebody will help you for the factory password.

PERSONALITY MISMATCH is a term used that you are trying to flash an ECM with different Flash CODE. Each FLASH CODE represent CAT Application base and Serial Number. Sometimes there is even lower & higher series serial number of the same application that will display MISMATCH ERROR when flashing an ECM.

PERSONALITY MODULE MISMATCH - Refers to Engine RATING issues base on Engine application.

Cheers mate.

B.2
10th September, 2010, 01:11 PM
We once had a 777 D 60 % throttle they tried everything so I turned it into a 992 G, it didn't like it ( mismatch ) then flashed it back again don't know why but it did the job 99 % throttle

hanzem evr
11th September, 2010, 10:35 AM
So , guys
what the defrenc bitwen copy configuration and reflash used ecm , can i copy configuration from c15 truck to c15 generator , and what about used ecm can i reflash it or blank ecm only.
thanks to my friends.

dieselman77
11th September, 2010, 11:48 AM
COPY CONFIGURATION JUST COPIES ALL YOU INFORMATION AND PARAMETERS FROM ONE ECM TO ANOTHER LIKE ALL YOUR SENSOR DATA AND YOUR CRUISE SETTING / GOVERNOR SETTINGS USUALLY. REFLASHING AN ECM IS REPORGRAMMING THE ECM FOR MORE HORSEPOWER OR LESS HORSEPOWER DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO. AS FAR A COPYING A CONFIGURATION FROM A TRUCK TO A GENERATOR IM NOT SURE IF THAT IS GOING TO WORK OR NOT NEVER TRIED IT BUT IF YOU ARE GOING TO REFLASH THE ECM YOU NEED THE CAT FACTORY PASSWORDS TO CHANGE THE FLS/FTS SETTINGS AND SOMETIMES YOU EVEN NEED IF FOR REASON 5 OR 55 DEPENDING ON WHAT VERSION OF ET YOUR USING TO DO THE REFLASH. PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE TRYING TO DO DID THE GENERATOR ECM GO BAD AND YOU ARE TRYING TO REPLACE IT WITH A USED ONE ? OR ARE YOU TRYING TO REFLASH I NEW ECM ? IF YOU ARE REFLASHING A NEW BLANK ECM YOU DO NOT NEED THE FACTORY PASSWORDS YOU CAN SET ALL THE PARAMETERS ONE TIME WHEN YOU FLASH IT TO SET THE ECM UP HAVE A GOOD ONE IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK I WILL HELP YOU ALL THAT I CAN

hanzem evr
12th September, 2010, 08:45 AM
thank you verry much
now i explian my problems.
1- i have generators with bad ecm type c15 C5L , and i have used ecm type C15 9NZ , can i copy config from C5L to 9NZ and use it for generator.

2-can i copy config from C7C to JTF , is it safe opration ?
and the copy for all parameter or with out fls fts and engine SNo ?

3- can i reflash used ecm , or flashing for blank ecm only ?
i mean flashing used ecm type jtf to become c7c .

thanks in advance

dieselman77
12th September, 2010, 12:57 PM
I am know you can reflash used ecm but you will need to the factory passwords to reflash. It is either reason 5 or 55 to reflash the ecm horsepower settings. The fls/fts i forget what reason it is but you can probably run it with whatever setting are there already. as far as using those other ecm's i dont want to tell you that they are going to work because i really am not sure but what i have done in the past is make up bench cables and just try and send the files to the new ecm if it cannot take the flash file it will tell you not compatible or unable to flash something to that affect as long as they are the same number of pins for the ecm harnesses i think it will work for you i believe they are 40 pin for old 70 pin for acert and now i think they even have 120 pin ecm plugs but i think those are for machines and twin turbo c-15 acert hope this helps you have a good day and let me know how you make out if you post the engine/generator serial number and arrangement i may be able to look up the original flash file on cat sis have a good day good luck

hanzem evr
13th September, 2010, 09:33 AM
thanks for informations , good day my friend .

Far_Call
13th September, 2010, 11:11 AM
Typically a Truck ECM like 6nz will talk on ATA and the Genset will want CDL so anotherwords the ECM are not compatible. They both use pins 8 & 9 and as such cant be used for both protocols.

However some 40 pin ECM?s have both CDL and ATA pinned out using pins 1 & 7 and pins 3 & 9 and as such can be interchangeable! As they both Flash on ATA but when you convert an On Hwy Truck engine ECM to an Excavator ECM it will drop the ATA protocol.. However ATA can still be used in winfalsh only.

On the subject of disconnecting during a Flash!!!!!! This is actually recommended by CATERPILLAR and as such it?s in no way detrimental to the ECM. As such feel free to do this as its handy at times.

tonyspamone
15th September, 2010, 01:23 AM
I have two wash files but they will not work with truck ecm with winflash.

Hey DDS, if they do not work with winflash, what program will they work with?

toshor
16th September, 2010, 01:41 AM
Far_call how far though the flash do u pull the power to clear it 10% 20% 90%?

dieselman77
16th September, 2010, 09:57 AM
Not really sure i was told as soon as it starts to reprogram when you see the little percentage bar start moving just pull the plug and it erases the ecm never really tried it but a friend of mine says it works really good and he does it all the time

hanzem evr
17th September, 2010, 07:23 PM
today i tried disconnecting during a Flash!!!!! it's work 100%
i do it four tims , but the problem with run time hour and loged event codes , when wash the ecm its become blank and when reflash it with compatble .fls file still read the latest hour and loged codes ,there are other problem the ecm still need factory password to change some coigurations , but when flashing new blank ecm you don't need FP , by the way whene flash with non compatble flash file the mismatch is big problem.
about whene you to disconnecting during a Flash ?
whene click bigen flash after three seconds disconnect the power .i hope this info is help .

jackalfa
17th September, 2010, 08:34 PM
It seems that what we need here are the wash flash files to blank the ECMs to fix the personality module.
Please if some body has these files or a program to blank the ECMs please share them or post more info about this topic.
I personally have asked all the people I know in my area but with no luck yet. If I found something I will post it right away.

Strykerforce
20th September, 2010, 10:23 AM
Disconnecting the cable during flashing will ONLY ERASE the existing flash file in the ECM. Althought, the Personality Module Flash code will remain in the ECM including diagnostic clock and etc. Re-flashing the ECM with different PM code flash file will display MISMATCHED ERROR.
You can checkand verify the PM code with the corresponding flash file in the FLASH CD readxref with detailed Engine RATING. You can check also in attached pdf file as your reference. This is the most latest flash file readxref.

jackalfa
21st September, 2010, 10:18 AM
i'm working in this truck: GM 1998 Caterpillar 3126 w/ Auto Transm. Engine S/N 7AS43698-NW, with flash file 1894824 (thanks to tonyspamone) WITHOUT EPA LoNox Cert.,
It gives me an interlock of 52 (Personality Module 52) with 190 HP @ 2200 and 520 lb-ft @ 1440. There it's another flash file I can install with same personality module 52 with more HP and more lb-ft torque? or from this PM 52 to which I can go or switch without have the problem of the personality module mismatch?
It can happen that I can not use the flash files in these DVDA9021-71 and DVDA9020-71 disks because all have the EPA LoNox Cert.?
I appreciate your help to this problem.

podo_waras
23rd September, 2010, 09:40 PM
i'm working in this truck: GM 1998 Caterpillar 3126 w/ Auto Transm. Engine S/N 7AS43698-NW, with flash file 1894824 (thanks to tonyspamone) WITHOUT EPA LoNox Cert.,
It gives me an interlock of 52 (Personality Module 52) with 190 HP @ 2200 and 520 lb-ft @ 1440. There it's another flash file I can install with same personality module 52 with more HP and more lb-ft torque? or from this PM 52 to which I can go or switch without have the problem of the personality module mismatch?
It can happen that I can not use the flash files in these DVDA9021-71 and DVDA9020-71 disks because all have the EPA LoNox Cert.?
I appreciate your help to this problem.

If you have problem with this interlock code, I believe it's required factory password to proceed, the factory password screen just save it to html, then post it to this page, I will try to help you by giving the FPS.

Far_Call
16th October, 2010, 04:14 AM
RE Disconnecting during Flash>>>>>> AS PER CAT...

Clearing and Flashing The Electronic Control Module{7610, 7620}

Caterpillar Products:that Use Flash Programming All Introduction

The problem that is identified below does not have a known permanent solution. Until a permanent solution is known, use the solution that is identified below.

Refer to the following information.
This is in response to the requests for information regarding the flashing of Electronic Control Modules in order to aid in troubleshooting machine control system issues. Use of this procedure is not an alternative for the procedure to clear the ECM of software which is required for Engine Electronic Control Modules that have configuration parameters that are protected by a factory password.
Clearing The ECM

Clearing an ECM by interrupting the flashing process will erase only flash memory. However, the Non-Volatile Memory, which stores calibrations, diagnostics, histograms, and configuration values, will be not erased.
Flashing The ECM

When the Electronic Control Module is cleared and the Electronic Control Module is flashed again with a different application software, the premium feature software that was installed will be lost.

hanzem evr
16th October, 2010, 05:47 AM
OK my friend
but did you have other solution ???? or did you now how can i erase the engine serial number ???

thanks

Far_Call
16th October, 2010, 09:03 AM
Give me the original flash file number and the flash file number you want to make it and ill test and ECM for you.
Provide what serials are there now and what you want it to be.
Even better do an ECM replacement dump and paste that here and ill test it all.

hanzem evr
16th October, 2010, 09:15 AM
my friend all i need is blanking the used ecm , i mean deleting evrry thing in ecm to become blank , just like new ecm.

Far_Call
17th October, 2010, 03:18 AM
You dont have to blank the ECM so I dont know what you wnat or if you are simply not doing what is required to achieve the correct result.
I do 100's and i dont need to BLANK the ECM.

hanzem evr
17th October, 2010, 06:08 PM
Some time you need to use ECM as test ECM , this feature not work if engine SNo: programmed in ecm, to do that you need to buy new ecm as you know it's too expensive.in addition i have many used ecm why i used it in this case.
thanks a lot.

Far_Call
17th October, 2010, 10:32 PM
So now you dont have a problem with the ECM????????:hmmmm2:

hanzem evr
18th October, 2010, 10:56 AM
i need to delet esn from ecm (not change) that is mean wash it completly.

Far_Call
18th October, 2010, 11:11 AM
You cannot delete Serial number even with Wash file.

Still not sure what you are trying to do but having a guess it is to make yourself a Test ECM? The reason for Test ECM was so you could change the config without having to constantly get factory Passwords but now with Factory KG its not a problem.

All new ECM's have Test mode (Flash file info will say if Test mode is option) which will work for 24 hours then revert back to original settings.
Cant see a need for Test ECM like it was designed for many years ago.

hunter1
20th October, 2010, 09:14 AM
I think what he's after is a way to clean ecm to reman condition

Far_Call
21st October, 2010, 12:25 AM
He can zero all hours and data so the ECM is clean and then pull the pug 1/2 way through Flashing and the ECM will be as close to reman as u can get..
Will only connect then via WinFlash so will need the desired flash file and away you go..

I think where most of these guys get confused is the difference between CDL and ATA and some ECM's do one or the other and some do both. hence some are not interchangeable like some guyz try and do.

toshor
21st October, 2010, 03:45 AM
I have been told by cat that when they wash a ecm that the serail number goes too

muleskinner
31st October, 2010, 12:22 AM
Gentlemen,

I have an ECM with a flash file parameter that is really giving me some pain. To make it more understandable my engines are running at 14,000 ft. Thin air and the boost does not fit the map in the original flash file. One of the parameters times out the PW after 15 seconds of low boost. I need to move that parameter to 30 seconds. Seeing as its in the FLS file I dont have a show of doing zip with it. I see someone mentioned a test ECM where I can get 24 hours to fiddle with this setting to get a solution. Can anyone help me out here. I have guys more than capable with software etc. I have ET etc and can access the ECM to reflash, change FL and FT settings But a test ECM is the only way I can see my way clear to clear this this low boost time out hurdle.

Any one able to help me out here??? It will really be appreciated.

Muleskinner

erusmith
7th November, 2010, 07:30 AM
i need the flash files for the D8R S/N 9EM03180 ?

polacoys
11th November, 2010, 06:34 PM
exelente informacion

vvaldese
30th November, 2010, 06:39 PM
how this works????

c16man
15th December, 2010, 06:41 PM
First time I`ve ever heard of a wash file, thanx for the info.

podo_waras
18th March, 2011, 09:02 AM
i need the flash files for the D8R S/N 9EM03180 ?
Dud,..it is mechanical engine and what kind of flash file do you need?:party:

podo_waras
18th March, 2011, 09:04 AM
Gentlemen,

I have an ECM with a flash file parameter that is really giving me some pain. To make it more understandable my engines are running at 14,000 ft. Thin air and the boost does not fit the map in the original flash file. One of the parameters times out the PW after 15 seconds of low boost. I need to move that parameter to 30 seconds. Seeing as its in the FLS file I dont have a show of doing zip with it. I see someone mentioned a test ECM where I can get 24 hours to fiddle with this setting to get a solution. Can anyone help me out here. I have guys more than capable with software etc. I have ET etc and can access the ECM to reflash, change FL and FT settings But a test ECM is the only way I can see my way clear to clear this this low boost time out hurdle.

Any one able to help me out here??? It will really be appreciated.

Muleskinner

What kind of engine dud? may I can help u if I know the engine serial number and arrangement number!

ronshamal
23rd March, 2011, 11:45 AM
2048071 this is a number of a wash file ....

ronshamal
23rd March, 2011, 04:04 PM
2478484 also

gagne
11th April, 2011, 01:35 PM
Any body have flash files 106-9184 Wash files tanks

phatbear
19th April, 2011, 08:50 AM
Hi, can someone please help troubleshoot my problem.

I am using CAT Comms Adaptor 2 attempting to connect to a C7 ECM. Laptop is running XP.

I can load the software and have configured the correct comm port.

When I attempt to query the existing ECM contents the process times out. The Comms adaptor does not click or blink CDL light.

Immediately after, CAT ET will work.

Suggestions? Anyone have success with a similar config?

hanzem evr
19th April, 2011, 07:11 PM
2048071 this is a number of a wash file ....

Wat you mean ??? is this nomber to wash Ecm ? how is it work ?

dieselman77
19th April, 2011, 07:38 PM
Sounds like you might have a bad com adapter ? Did you install the drivers and restart the computer ? did you look online for updated driver for the com adapter ? that may be the problem they are constantly updating the drivers for these adapters to debug them Also connect the com adapter before turning on the ignition key or opening the et program. First plug the com adapter into the truck and laptop usb port then turn on the ignition key to make sure you get power then try opening the cat et program that has worked for me alot of times have a good one let us all know how you make out

phatbear
19th April, 2011, 09:37 PM
hey dieselman, your often first to help to my dumb questions.

we have no problems using the comms 2 adaptor with CAT ET.

i was more asking whether the wash software is compatible with a comms 2 adaptor using CDL, or with XPSP3.

phatbear
19th April, 2011, 11:53 PM
2478484 also

I think I see what you're saying ronshamal, thanks for the heads-up.

Once you have the wash files, can someone you can simply load them using winflash?

I still haven't got the dos program working with my Cat Comms 2 adaptor.

ronshamal
8th June, 2011, 12:53 PM
the problem seems to bee that u can only let u wash new ecm or ecm where there has been no programming of serial number

if some one needs flach file special questions i have all just mail me

hanzem evr
9th June, 2011, 11:57 AM
the problem seems to bee that u can only let u wash new ecm or ecm where there has been no programming of serial number

if some one needs flach file special questions i have all just mail me

If you have new ecm , or ecm without SNO why need washing ???
we need wash used ecm .

hanzem evr
9th June, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hi, can someone please help troubleshoot my problem.

I am using CAT Comms Adaptor 2 attempting to connect to a C7 ECM. Laptop is running XP.

I can load the software and have configured the correct comm port.

When I attempt to query the existing ECM contents the process times out. The Comms adaptor does not click or blink CDL light.

Immediately after, CAT ET will work.

Suggestions? Anyone have success with a similar config?

try using cat comm tool kit software from start menu to re flash your communication adapter with new flash release.

ronshamal
24th June, 2011, 07:28 PM
If you have new ecm , or ecm without SNO why need washing ???
we need wash used ecm .

dont ask me cat make this files!!!

i think it is for when u program fls fts etc
and than not use the ecm u wash it and ready..

whe need flash file editor!:stupid:

POWERFREAK
25th June, 2011, 03:36 AM
whe need flash file editor!

No doubt there. Would love to have a solution for this.

phatbear
13th September, 2011, 01:46 PM
RE Disconnecting during Flash>>>>>> AS PER CAT...
Flashing The ECM

When the Electronic Control Module is cleared and the Electronic Control Module is flashed again with a different application software, the premium feature software that was installed will be lost.

I read this as "load a flash file from an incompatible family and the nonvolatile memory will be wiped."

makes sense, upgrading from 2006 to 2008 software for the same machine should keep run hours. However the data is meaningless for a new engine, so should be wiped.

the only issue is you must get factory codes twice for interlocks... one to wipe and one to restore.

a) proof of concept required
b) *must* be an easier way. very surprised we havn't solved this yet.

fatboy63
11th February, 2012, 11:28 PM
check this out someone wanna test it

my guess is this only works on a new ecm set to test mode
once ecm is programmed and out of test mode this file no longer works

as for blanking a used ecm to reman condition that was previously programmed with service tool, it may be possible with removing the back cover and finding a way to read and dump the eeprom that has permanent memory but one would need the engineering data and schematic of the board lay out

c16man
3rd June, 2012, 09:22 PM
Has anyone tried these wash files with a C6.6 Acert engine?
What I want to do is to take an ECM from C6.6 Cat wipe it and reflash it to be used on a Perkins 1106D engine. C6.6 ECM is the same as 1106D.

ronshamal
29th June, 2012, 11:45 PM
check this out someone wanna test it

my guess is this only works on a new ecm set to test mode
once ecm is programmed and out of test mode this file no longer works

as for blanking a used ecm to reman condition that was previously programmed with service tool, it may be possible with removing the back cover and finding a way to read and dump the eeprom that has permanent memory but one would need the engineering data and schematic of the board lay out

i can wash the adam 3 whit out opening but u need to send it to me,,,,

hanzem evr
30th June, 2012, 09:59 AM
Please could you explain how you do it ?? Or just put me in right direction.
Thanks in advance

fatboy63
4th July, 2012, 02:19 AM
send to never be seen again

ronshamal
14th December, 2012, 08:15 PM
send to never be seen again

What a asshole replay ! Never help u again...

If some one need to wash a 70 pins ecm i can do it for u made de program zelf only pay transport...

khadang
6th August, 2013, 04:16 PM
@@ fatboy!!
never think anyone like you!!!!!!!!!
he ready sent me one ECM like new when i pay less. he have knowledge verry good about caterpillar because this is he live.
He helped me several times.

saican
13th May, 2016, 01:50 PM
PERSONALITY MISMATCH is a term used that you are trying to flash an ECM with different Flash CODE. Each FLASH CODE represent CAT Application base and Serial Number. Sometimes there is even lower & higher series serial number of the same application that will display MISMATCH ERROR when flashing an ECM.

PERSONALITY MODULE MISMATCH - Refers to Engine RATING issues base on Engine applicatio

Cheers mate.
Hello Mate,
How i can solve this personality module mismatch issue,i am trying to flash 3126 ecm to 6nz ecm when i try to flash it it comes back the file is not matching try different file i tried with many files same thing could you please help me how i can fix this i do not have any wash files to clean the ecm.
Thanks

dozerman
20th March, 2019, 12:06 PM
Hello can someone please re-post the wash file download?

scotspie501
1st May, 2019, 04:19 PM
Hi all

I'm looking fro a wash file for a Perkins 1106D Ecm please any ideas

VenjiAK
25th October, 2021, 10:20 AM
Good day, I need a wash file to clean the ECM ADEM 2. Now flash 3020407. Module Description EPG 3456.

muftah76
29th October, 2021, 11:45 PM
here is :wink:

jokey
11th November, 2021, 12:05 PM
I can wash most of caterpillar controller(ECM\ECU\Genset controller....)

usmanazhar39
19th February, 2022, 06:45 AM
if you have 4406758 plz send to email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jokey
2nd March, 2022, 10:21 AM
what's ECM do you want to wash? I can help you.