PDA

View Full Version : JCB teletruk - transmission problem

illy
25th August, 2010, 08:24 PM
Hi... I need your opinion...

I have a problem with one JCB Teletruk TLT30D, Twin Pedal, year 2001.
The machine is equipped with intellligent transmission run by an Sauer Danfoss controller.

When I start the engine the red diagnostic LED on the controller comes on and it's lighted up continuously (Error code: internal error, "change the controller"). When I connect the service master and calibrate the pedals the transmission works fine for a few minutes and then the same error occurs.

I tested all of the inputs and they are all OK.
There is no output form the controller to the proportional valve on the pump (when the error is on).

Can it be that something goes out of the range and switches the controller off?
Can a proportional valve or a step motor draw more current then normal, what controller could recognize as an internal error?
...?

TNX

Afterek
28th August, 2010, 12:49 AM
I have the same problem... any suggestions?

illy
31st October, 2010, 07:45 PM
Unbelievable!!!
A f***ing spring!!!
There was a spring missing on the governor lever.
The whole system was working, acting on the step motor in both directions, but the missing spring changed the current value when step motor moved to min. position.
We assembled the new spring, did the calibration and the machine works...
Crazy...

Afterek
31st October, 2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah congratulations! My machine still not works, actuator is new, but computer don't drive it in one direction. Only to minimum position. I think that's still computer internal fault...

Yeah checked! Computer has fault! I was moving computer to another machine and calibration is fault too. On computer from this machine calibration passed :) All clear :D

illy
7th November, 2010, 09:21 AM
I think there is something very wrong about this particular Sauer Danfoss control unit. Few years ago I had two different Merlo telescopic machines with the same controller for hydrostatic transmission. Both had the same problem like our JCBs now.

I guess they had a lot of them on stock to get rid of...

Afterek
7th November, 2010, 10:11 AM
I think there is something very wrong about this particular Sauer Danfoss control unit. Few years ago I had two different Merlo telescopic machines with the same controller for hydrostatic transmission. Both had the same problem like our JCBs now.

I guess they had a lot of them on stock to get rid of...

You're right. Too much on stock :D Sauer Danfoos don't want repair these controllers. Only change to new. One is not cheap - about 1200$.