PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the death penalty

Devilfish
26th February, 2008, 05:01 PM
Do you think the death penalty should be brought back in the UK?

davidharvey75
26th February, 2008, 06:16 PM
Can't say that i do Kaos. It sounds good in theory. Sick folk that commint the most horrible of crimes yes everyone would benifit from the punishment. But how many times have people been wrongly accused. I just read today about the dna debate thats going on at the moment. That sounds good to me too,having everyones dna on record to eliminate you from a crime. Until i heard that a 14 year old boy was investigated for the omha bombing, but there had been an error in the database. If that had of been someone older and sentenced to death, then they may not have double checked the dna results. And it would all be too late for the accused and there family.

So a long winded no from me

pob639
27th February, 2008, 08:28 PM
im up for it ye kaos , the way that forensic science and DNA data base is building up there is a good call for death penalty to come back depending upon the crime but for cases that are not 100% then life in prison is still the answer ( unless it involves kids then kill them why take a chance that we could be wrong )
my view is my view that's why we're all different

no flaming its a open forum i hope (what a first post im here for learning new stuff lol )

Devilfish
27th February, 2008, 08:30 PM
no flaming its a open forum i hope (what a first post im here for learning new stuff lol )

You're all entitled to your own opinion m8.

I've got my virtual fire extinguisher ready if the flaming starts lol

father ted
29th February, 2008, 06:50 PM
you have to look at it this way we made mistakes in hanging the wrong ppl before and that was one of the reasons capital punishment was abolished ,but when you look at the crimes getting commited today and the leanent sentances getting handed out no wonder ppl are up in arms,yous wont mind the razor gangs in glasgow but i do, and 1 judge had a very good idea on how to break them up and that was to send the leaders to jail for long terms and with them being in jail the gangs broke down ,wot they (the goverment )need to do is when like that guy whos killed them girls send him to jail for life it should mean life god the yanks may have their faults but the 3 strikes and your out and life means life

berley
3rd March, 2008, 04:19 PM
i some cases then yes i do but other cases i think they should rot in jail and never get released

i think when you read about a paedophile your gut thinking is hang the culprit (dont want to swear) but could think of a few choice words, anyway hanging is to much of a quick way out for them, they should be castrated and left in an open prison where other prisoners can deal with them

im not even too sure that i could quote a case where i think it warrants hanging, but as previously said above, with the advances in dna etc i dont think the mistakes of the past would happen and if they were 100% sure they had the right person then maybe hanging would deter people from commiting crimes

sorry i haven't really given a conclusive answer to the question but im pretty sure if the uk were to vote then i'd vote no

violentj
9th March, 2008, 02:33 AM
i think it should YES DEFINATLeY in the uk at the moment we have no deterant as such

i am personally of the belief that the punishment should fit the crime

rapists and kiddy fiddlers ect should be castrated or some other way neutered so they no longer derive pleasure from anything then let em out(or give the victims an hour with them)

murderers(the likes of peter sutcliff fred west ect)should be put down or allowed to kill them selfs why the hell should good honest law abiding folk have to pay for there upkeep(ian huntly springs to mind)

burglars should be made to give there belongings to charity or the victims

terrorists should be made to suffer whatever thay try to inflict(i know john mendes is going to be brought up here-but you cant make an omelet without breaking eggs).if 1 innocent gets punished for 100 guilty i could live with that
(but lets face it a lot of so called innocents((not all i accept)) are hardly innocent at all,maybe of the alledged crime but theres usually some reason there on the police radar)

suicide bombers should be drip fed and made to watch endless disney films

and so called victim less crime-council tax evasion,littering,smoking in a pub ect shouldnt even be crimes

anyways im straying off the point here so i will now shut up and let folk rip my argument to bits

ronaldo121
9th March, 2008, 03:04 AM
I think it should be bought back so murders can stop costing the tax payer and can simply be gone! Maybe it would reduce the murders in this country!

thommo
9th March, 2008, 03:08 AM
dejavu lol,

i said it elsewhere with 100 % dna/witness/forensic evidence then yes string em back up like we used to,

the worlds not a nice place so even if they brought it back without 100% proof id take them odds, 1 in a hundred is innocent to me thats 99 out of the system that deserved it, not nice for the 1% who is innocent but like i said the worlds not a nice place anyway and shit happens.

the odds 99 to 1 sound good to me if it make the country a better place.

agree or not thats how i see it.

krazylegz
9th March, 2008, 12:34 PM
same here if the evidence against the accused is near enough 100% then yes.........kill the ~~~~ers