PDA

View Full Version : FYI: STAY AWAY FROM SUPER VAG K CHINESE VERSION

reflexbug
27th August, 2010, 04:50 PM
Just a head up for everyone to stay away from the super vag pin code reader tool from China. It only works 50% of the time. I used it on a B6 A4 Cabrio and it corrupted the cluster. Now I have to eat a $1000 cluster for a customers car!

Meat-Head
31st August, 2010, 01:41 PM
J B6 A4 Cabrio and it corrupted the cluster. Now I have to eat a $1000 cluster for a customers car!

1) if you are lucky somebody will have a dump you can use

2) ~~~~ that, tell the customer, there dash has corrupted, your tool, charge them $250 + TAX to have it repaired and charge them $1000 for new cluster, but try a wrecking yard first

marginal
24th June, 2011, 01:04 PM
Just a head up for everyone to stay away from the super vag pin code reader tool from China. It only works 50% of the time. I used it on a B6 A4 Cabrio and it corrupted the cluster. Now I have to eat a $1000 cluster for a customers car!
The same thing happened to me on an Audi A4 RB8-658 2006 , but I had to pay $1.500 :-( ...

Code Breaker
25th June, 2011, 11:47 AM
Same thing happened to me, A4 B7 2006, I tried to 'read' and didn't write anything and a loud long bleep from the dash, made my heart sink immediately, Came up 'DEF' car wouldn't start and on dash and 'Instrument Cluster Malfunction' on error cost ME ?800 for new cluster from Stealership :(

Once again I tried it on a A4 B6 2003 just to read and the whole instrument cluster FROZE, all symbols on dash like door open froze in situ, Not knowing what to do next while customer stood over me (worse thing that can happen, I decided to disconnect the battery and reset it, luckily, it all came up ok and started up, sent customer packing!

remsia
25th June, 2011, 01:04 PM
if with this tool you read pin for rb4-rb8 it will corupt dump 100%
but for km changing it works 100%

marginal
25th June, 2011, 01:22 PM
if with this tool you read pin for rb4-rb8 it will corupt dump 100%
but for km changing it works 100%
What about the other models immos?

drakov
25th June, 2011, 01:34 PM
Some simple research before attempting this job with 'toys' would have avoided this, just do a search on forum and you will see many posts about what it won't do and more importantly the damage it WILL do, a lesson to everyone that buys cheap and charges cheap, invest in proper equipment and you'll have a better job of completing without any added expense, but even then it's never 100%.

People spend fortunes so they can tackle these jobs and charge accordingly, only to see others make the same mistake you did, cheap tools, low prices usually mean an unhappy customer I think many will have no sympathy for you.

Just my opinion......

marginal
25th June, 2011, 01:41 PM
I think many will have no sympathy for you.

Just my opinion......
I'm not asking for sympathy ...
Is anyone else?

drakov
25th June, 2011, 01:49 PM
I didn't say anyone was asking for sympathy, I said there are many here who will have no sympathy

marginal
25th June, 2011, 01:52 PM
I didn't say anyone was asking for sympathy, I said there are many here who will have no sympathy
Maybe I should have said: I'm not expecting sympathy.

drakov
25th June, 2011, 02:04 PM
I own and shop and need a reliable pin code reader tool. I bought the super vag Chinese version and it currupted an Audi A4 cluster. So I need something that is rock solid reliable and will work all the time and not damage any clusters or ECUs. I don't care how much it costs I just want something that works.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f178/what-best-pin-immo-tool-vw-audi-157075/#post744478

He was told then what to do by members, but seems he opted for the cheaper option and paid the ultimate price