PDA

View Full Version : Connecting the Dreambox

glasgowkiss
15th April, 2008, 08:17 PM
I deleted some file on my dream box by accident, using the telnet program. Since then the box shows nothing but a blue screen.

On some parts of the forum it says that the only way round this is by using a null modem cable (is that a R2323 cable - female to female). If so I bought one of them used the dreamup program but does not get by the "Switch on the dreambox"

Is there any other way of flashing to new software?

Thanks in advance:rock:

Devilfish
15th April, 2008, 08:20 PM
An RS232 cable is not a null modem cable.

Both have 9-pin female to 9-pin female connectors but the pinout is different inside the cable.

If you put 'null modem cable' into ebay you'll get one for ?3.

I find it difficult to believe that deleting one file could cause that much damage, do you know which file it was?

Did you follow the guide here for using dreamu?
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=33

ocsarpong
18th April, 2008, 10:07 AM
I deleted some file on my dream box by accident, using the telnet program. Since then the box shows nothing but a blue screen.

On some parts of the forum it says that the only way round this is by using a null modem cable (is that a R2323 cable - female to female). If so I bought one of them used the dreamup program but does not get by the "Switch on the dreambox"

Is there any other way of flashing to new software?

Thanks in advance:rock:

TRY GET DREAMBOX CONTROL CENTER APPLICATION,CROSSOVER CABLE TO CONNECT to BOX AND PC .the dcc come with ftp which help to transfer files in and out.All you require is setup ip address to suite your dreambox.

Tush
19th August, 2009, 10:31 PM
Can i connect to my dreambox even if there are no file by ethernet cable?

Curious123
19th August, 2009, 10:58 PM
Can i connect to my dreambox even if there are no file by ethernet cable?

If there are no files on the dreambox than you will only be able to connect to flash the box. You cannot connect directly with an ethernet cable but you could with a crossover cable.