PDA

View Full Version : Fiat Stilo, what am i doing wrong

pinky1970
29th August, 2010, 01:09 PM
today i have to program Stilo 2004 petrol 1.6 with Tacho 2008, did has guide said, + on pin 1 and black wire on pin 7, then solder on blue 1, blue 2. nothing. tacho showing 452800 meaning not reading, take 912 cable of, try again tacho showing 452800.

but i have used 912 before and worked on ford. waht am i doing wrong, cant work it out.

vageric
29th August, 2010, 01:22 PM
thats for fiat stilo 2001 not 2004 if i not misstaking.

pinky1970
29th August, 2010, 02:12 PM
the guide picture shown there to connect blue 1 and 2 and it looks the same on the board and to the dash board thats in front of me. on tacho only shows 1 option an only one guide.

does anyone know how to fix this.

pinky1970
29th August, 2010, 02:38 PM
the solerding points for blue and blue 2 are good, but tacho is not reading it. Tacho is not showing any other year. my board is the same has the guide same chips and everything.

i have two dashes the old one the guages went funny, got second hand dash with 74244 on it, old dash showing 992220. went the new dah is connected to car the KM is flashing all the time, how can i stop it fashing if i can program it, any ideas please, it needs to go for its ITV (MOT) Tuesday.

obdmaster
29th August, 2010, 02:45 PM
its falshing m8, because you need to run can set up from a diagnostic tool. Ive had same problem using used dash on punto around 2001 onwards, using diagnostic tool go into BCM and under actuator tests there is CAN set up. Run that and mileage will stop flashing m8. ive used tecnotest 3130 for this but im sure other diagnostic tools will have same function m8

pinky1970
29th August, 2010, 05:53 PM
i have done the same has in the picture, but it like tacho cant see Stilo board.

yellowstilo
29th August, 2010, 07:39 PM
its falshing m8, because you need to run can set up from a diagnostic tool. Ive had same problem using used dash on punto around 2001 onwards, using diagnostic tool go into BCM and under actuator tests there is CAN set up. Run that and mileage will stop flashing m8. ive used tecnotest 3130 for this but im sure other diagnostic tools will have same function m8

The procedure to stop the flashing of the mileage is called "Proxy Alignment Procedure" - the configuration stored in the bodycomputer is copied to the nodes which have a wrong configuration.
After this procedure the blinking will stop - now you can adjust the mileage.
It's also possible to do this with the Examiner workshop tester but only upward - you can't decrease the stored mileage (only by overwriting the data in the Eeprom).
You can also write the new (higher) mileage to the eeprom trough the obd port with command 21-21 xx xx xx (xx= km/10 in hex format) in diagnostic mode with Canhacker software and a Peak CanUsb interface.
Attachment is for BDM programming.

pinky1970
29th August, 2010, 07:53 PM
i have also heard of putting a 4 second time delay rely behind the dash. this is meant to cut out Proxy Alignment Procedure. is this true.

pinky1970
29th August, 2010, 07:54 PM
if cant adjust the Km because ofProxy Alignment Procedure, why wont the tacho read and write to the old dash that is not flashing.

pinky1970
29th August, 2010, 07:59 PM
could anybody have a look at attach below and see if pin points are right to program with Tacho 2008. Thsnks in advance.

yellowstilo
29th August, 2010, 09:34 PM
i have also heard of putting a 4 second time delay rely behind the dash. this is meant to cut out Proxy Alignment Procedure. is this true.

this trick with a 4 sec. delay circuit is just for adding extra nodes that where not fitted as standard equipment (like Connect Nav or steering wheel node) - the instrument cluster is always a standard node and has to be checked o.k. within the first 4 seconds .
a.f.a.i.k. this will not work for the tacho.
The proxy procedure is only available for nodes that where programmed at the End Of Line in the factory so a retrofitted Connect Nav or other node will never be able to receive a Proxy Alignment , only the instrument cluster , passive entry node and the Climate Control node can be realigned this way.

pinky1970
30th August, 2010, 10:02 PM
ok i uderstand that, but when conecting the all is ok , turn key goes throug checking said all ok but still flashing, why that then, look at fiat forum , all said time delay.

yellowstilo
16th October, 2010, 07:22 PM
could anybody have a look at attach below and see if pin points are right to program with Tacho 2008. Thsnks in advance.

according to the picture in my post # 7 these two connections are for reset and bkgd, not for + and gnd....

EDIT: I JUST REALISED THAT +12V AND GND ARE CONNECTED AT THE BLACK CONNECTOR OF THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER AND THAT THOSE TWO WIRES ARE USED FOR RESET AND BKGD, I'M SORRY...

diga1
16th October, 2010, 10:00 PM
Attached Fileshttp://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/attach/pdf.giffiat Stilo 2004 year.pdf (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f174/29634d1283108310-fiat-stilo-what-am-i-doing-wrong-fiat-stilo-2004-year.pdf) (111.1 KB, 15 views)

this is the correct manual for stilo it vorks fine vith taho universal, maybe your 912 cable is faulty

Meat-Head
21st January, 2011, 08:18 PM

Word of the day.... Whoops - thanks.

synkrotronic
8th February, 2011, 11:11 PM

Thanks,worked for me on Punto 99

Regards

drpeter
9th February, 2011, 07:31 AM
i have done the same has in the picture, but it like tacho cant see Stilo board.

I've done a couple of them with tacho universal without any problem. If you have UPA you can use it also to read the processor 68HC912D60.

Pachis
4th April, 2012, 09:07 PM
Do you have to do the ecu eeprom after doing tacho?
I have TU2008 and pdfs are rubbish, they only advice you to do tacho. A 2005' stilo is waiting for me... but I'm afraid about not doing it well. Risky operation? Can I broke the tacho and start blinking because that? Thanks in advance.:giveup:

P.D. 1.9 JTD 115hp

kramp
5th April, 2012, 11:24 PM
today i have to program Stilo 2004 petrol 1.6 with Tacho 2008, did has guide said, + on pin 1 and black wire on pin 7, then solder on blue 1, blue 2. nothing. tacho showing 452800 meaning not reading, take 912 cable of, try again tacho showing 452800.

but i have used 912 before and worked on ford. waht am i doing wrong, cant work it out.
Dear Friend,you must check all cables with instrument,because TU 2008 bad work/problem main reley, Kline IC 74HCT04, bad connection Astra dash and etc/,and be careful!You have all cablesi rar pack.Regards

786mo
27th October, 2012, 03:58 PM

Can this work with autocom or diagun... anyone know?

or is there a cheap tool which can do this?

romanela
27th October, 2012, 07:32 PM
best friend for this XPROG-m, can be done very easily, also can repair when box dies. change the micro, write and dash works perfect