PDA

View Full Version : Downloads disapear

Wolfie67
1st December, 2008, 07:39 PM
Hiyas,

Cant seem to find any files that I download..tried new toolbars & also some file share downloads. System shows it downloads & then @ 100% the download screen disapears...but I cnat find anything its sposed to have downloaded. Whe downloading the system states that the file is going into Temporary folder...is this correct as when I try to search for the Temporary folder it doesnt appear in my search...

Heeelppppppppppppppp please

mazdan
2nd December, 2008, 12:57 AM
Depends on what application you are using. each application will download to a different location. best thing to do is search your computer for files and filders created within a date period. will show you where the application is downloading your files :)

balera
3rd December, 2008, 05:38 PM
if you are using vista go downloads

peggimon
3rd December, 2008, 06:05 PM
Where the downloads are stored depends what you are downloading them with.
example with FireFox, it downloads to the desktop. but with other apps you can go into Tools, Options and there will be a download section and you can see where it it set to store the files...You can then change this option so you can point it to where you want it to go...

Also when the download box is there, do you have a tick in "Close this box when download is complete", that will be why the box disappears when complete..you can remove this tick while the download is going through...

Tell us what you are downloading with, and any more info for better answers..

Cheers

jat147
4th December, 2008, 10:09 AM
Installing a download program is often more controllable than using the sowtware contained in windows - and arguably a bit faster.
I've used FreeDownloadManager for years now, its pretty trouble free - and you can specify different distination folders for different files types.

green_sat
7th December, 2008, 11:21 PM
The reason you can't find your download is because it has a virus with it and you antivirus is deleting it.
look in the logs of the antiviruse and you will see that it has been deleted by the system. it's a fake virus wrapped with the download.