PDA

View Full Version : Cummins inline 5 adapter

jugghack2
29th August, 2010, 08:37 PM
wonderin if this adapter will work on cat as well or just cummins? any other connection to other engins?

joshplianfield
29th August, 2010, 08:54 PM
cummins inline 5 should work with nearly all truck software, just download your software and then go to the comm adapter selection and it will show inline 5.

I just confirmed inline 5 does work with cat software, you go to comm selection, RP1210A device, then advanced options and select inline5

jugghack2
30th August, 2010, 01:47 AM
has anyone connected it to a cat or others?

dimitar22
31st August, 2010, 08:07 PM
cummins inline 5 should work with nearly all truck software, just download your software and then go to the comm adapter selection and it will show inline 5.

I just confirmed inline 5 does work with cat software, you go to comm selection, RP1210A device, then advanced options and select inline5

I need info about will inline 5 adapter will work with caterpillar construction equepment like excavators , articulated trucks , wheel loaders etc.

Thank you in advance any help is welcome .

rp1210a
1st September, 2010, 01:48 AM
I think the only interface that will work with cat machines is the cat oem adpters. There is talk of the nexiq usb link supporting them soon and some china clone but havent tried em.

jugghack2
7th September, 2010, 01:25 AM
any other info please?

bustech
7th September, 2010, 08:06 AM
Yes the inline 5 will work with almost all the software as long as it is compatible with a RP1210a adapter. I know that Insite, DDDL, CatET, and Allison DOC all work with the inline 5 adapter.

jugghack2
7th September, 2010, 11:11 PM
any idea if it works on cat equipment as well?

rp1210a
8th September, 2010, 01:16 AM
TO MAKE IT CLEAR INLINE5 WILL *NOT* WORK ON CATERPILLAR MACHINES

hercamp
8th September, 2010, 04:40 AM
yes...rp1210 its right 100% in machinery and some articles trucks ...cat use special protocol...only possible to connect with cat tools...I have tested .too.

hanzem evr
9th September, 2010, 05:18 PM
I also join to my best friends hercamp and rp1210a
nexiq and inline5 is a rp1210 any protocol work with nexiq must work with inline5 and any one not work with nexiq not work with inline5, as well as any other rp1210 adapter . the cat com II have a special protocol , non-existent in any other divice .

justme84
19th September, 2010, 08:31 PM
Does anyone know if you need to use USB or Serial port to use an Inline 5 adaptor on Cat ET? I've tried connecting using USB but nothing i did seemed to work, I've only been able to connect to Cummins engines so far. Would anyone have any advice? I've tried ever possible setting i could see in ET associated with Inline 5

Dieselhawk
20th September, 2010, 02:45 PM
I am in same boat. I can connect to Cummins but not DDDL or ET. I'm using USB but will try a serial adaptor and cable when I get a chance. Very Frustrating!

rp1210a
20th September, 2010, 03:03 PM
Sell it and buy a nexiq usb-link

The problems will haunt you forever

renesis
23rd September, 2010, 08:44 AM
Sell it and buy a nexiq usb-link

The problems will haunt you forever

I have Inline5 adapter. Is Nexiq-USB better than Inline5?
recently I have been getting alot of communication problems with my Inline5 and Insite 7.3. It takes forever to communicate with the Inline5 and/or ECM, and connection drops intermittently.
I am using RS-232 serial port, this port is working fine as I use this port to access Scania VCI1 and MB DAS as well.

any other alternatives to the Inline5?

dimitar22
17th April, 2011, 09:41 PM
I would like to kow if inline5 can be used with wabco software, i think it can be used bud i dont have pinout from the inlne 5 interface, if some one can help me with pin out i will try to make cable so i can diagnose wabco systems.

renesis
18th April, 2011, 08:46 AM
let me try it out for you... I have buses with WABCO ABS utilizing cummins engines with J1939.
keep you updated later..

renesis
18th April, 2011, 09:21 AM
yes, I have tried, Inline5 can be used with certain wabco systems. Mostly on tractors/trucks.

but unfortunately for my bus, WABCO ABS D does not work with this Meritor Wabco software.

ottomotto
18th April, 2011, 10:35 AM
yes, I have tried, Inline5 can be used with certain wabco systems. Mostly on tractors/trucks.

but unfortunately for my bus, WABCO ABS D does not work with this Meritor Wabco software.

Like someone already said - sell Inline5 and buy Nexiq USB-Link or DPA5:)

drizzt4321
18th April, 2011, 10:43 AM
Like someone already said - sell Inline5 and buy Nexiq USB-Link or DPA5:)

Nexiq USB Link works with everything, so I +1 this. :)

squirles
18th April, 2011, 02:30 PM
I tried the Cummins inline 5 adapter and had no luck with it in regards to Wabaco or Caterpillar even though they tell you that it should work, what has work for me is Noregon and the Dearborn adapters

dimitar22
18th April, 2011, 06:07 PM
I don't want to sell this adapter i want to make it work with wabco teps software, so if some on has pin out for this adapter please share it.

blackdragon125
18th April, 2011, 10:14 PM
We use the inline 5 with these programs and don't seem to have problems you just have to select either j1708 or j1939 manually most times. What version of drivers are you using there has been updates recently. Try this site and maybe update them.
Cummins Inline 5 Driver Download (http://inline.cummins.com/downloads/i5driver.html)

Juanincho
19th April, 2011, 12:55 AM
Inline 5 doesn't work with DDDL or ET. Nexiq USB-Link works with almost everything I've tested. It works with the newest CAT machines (ADEM III using J1939), the older ones (with ADEM II) some work, others don't. But use the CAT adapter for usb-link, it is different from the heavy duty connector. If you use it, you'll destroy the usb - link. See the USB-Link connectors threads for more info.

virus303
19th April, 2011, 09:29 AM
Here is my personal experience with the Inline 5. Works perfect with Insite as you would expect it to do. Tried connecting it to a Cat truck, keeps prompting you to flash the ECM or something else. The Nexiq connects perfectly with Cat trucks.

dimitar22
19th April, 2011, 08:39 PM
I menaged to make pin out for inline 5 adapter:
Pin
23 Batery -
7 J1939 sheild
25 Batery+
8 J1939-
6 J1939+
4 J1708 ATA-
3 J1708 ATA+

But i cant find which pins are for K-line and L-line.Please if some one knows which are K-line and L-line tell me i realy need it.

blacsabot
20th April, 2011, 08:16 PM
Problem connecting with Vcads Pro in CMNS32.dll standard RP1210, no signal DSR.
CMNS32.dll - Microsoft Visual C++ ver. 6~7

baburs
21st April, 2011, 06:33 AM
I want to make it work with wabco teps software.
My company few years produce comunication unit compartable with wabco system diagnostic (that's set of wabco software for work with europe ECU), also we made engineering Analise of cummins 5 comunication unit(original and Chinese version). If we speak about USA Wabco, Meritor wabco and software "wabco toolbox" cummins interface under protocol RP1210 would work. But if we speak about Wabco Europe with software wabco system diagnostic (TEBS,ECAS,TCE....and so on) it is impossible, it has to be absolutely another interface with fully another protocol of comunication with device, program wan't to see it own device.

renesis
22nd April, 2011, 08:25 AM
My company few years produce comunication unit compartable with wabco system diagnostic (that's set of wabco software for work with europe ECU), also we made engineering Analise of cummins 5 comunication unit(original and Chinese version). If we speak about USA Wabco, Meritor wabco and software "wabco toolbox" cummins interface under protocol RP1210 would work. But if we speak about Wabco Europe with software wabco system diagnostic (TEBS,ECAS,TCE....and so on) it is impossible, it has to be absolutely another interface with fully another protocol of comunication with device, program wan't to see it own device.

that explains it... I give up trying to get my Toolbox working with Inline5 for my European Wabco systems.. Back to using Wabco System Diagnostic (SD) interface

passlow
22nd April, 2011, 11:49 AM
any other info please?
it wont work with cat mine stuff (excavators,dumptucks,it,) but i think it will work on cat highway gear because offhighway gear looks for the cdl (cat data link ) protocol does anyone no if a cat data link will work on cummins because a cat comm adaptor reads both slow and fast link plus cdl cheers

passlow