PDA

View Full Version : golf pd camshaft signal

wizz2c
29th August, 2010, 09:36 PM
Hi to all, your thoughts? please.

i have a golf 1.9 tdi pd atd engine code. The car is difficult to start at all times but runs fine once started i have to crank for a good full 6 seconds before it kicks up,code read comes back with camshaft senor implausable signal,this code will erase when engine is not running but returns when engine is started. i have checked and then replaced the sensor but still the same,timing seems correct and the pick-up point on the pulley are fine,wiring checked and all is seems fine there.what the hell could be wrong.

any thoughts ????

Rockinleo
30th August, 2010, 11:26 AM
examine please synchronisation crankshaft cam shaft.

oldford
30th August, 2010, 11:42 AM
Timing belt/chain has stretched is a possibility.
What's the code number you get?

dimitar
30th August, 2010, 12:09 PM
No its not the timing belt (there will be correlation error). I once had this kind of problem., The car no matter hot or cold needed at least 5 seconds cranking to start and there was only one fault camshaft position signal. It turned to be faulty wiring.Once repaired it started right away and no problem. check the clearance between the camshaft sensor and the camshaft pulley, check the wiring if everything ok you need to replace camshaft sensor or the ecu.

wizz2c
30th August, 2010, 02:23 PM
Timing belt/chain has stretched is a possibility.
What's the code number you get?

fault code is PO341

oldford
30th August, 2010, 04:09 PM
It's either the sensors, the wiring or the timing.
But it could also be a problem with the crankshaft.

wizz2c
30th August, 2010, 04:31 PM
It's either the sensors, the wiring or the timing.
But it could also be a problem with the crankshaft.

thanks.. ok wiring fine, timing fine, sensor is new even got it replaced again just in case, tried another ecu although i did have to use the same flash, so hopefully not a flash software issue, please explain your thought with the crank.

many thanks

oldford
30th August, 2010, 05:43 PM
Just to make sure: why don't you try the original standard flash?

wizz2c
30th August, 2010, 08:44 PM
Just to make sure: why don't you try the original standard flash?

i only have the flash that was in the ecu i did read and save the file if you know a way of checking it.

dly_04_tm
20th October, 2010, 07:57 PM
Hi to all, your thoughts? please.

i have a golf 1.9 tdi pd atd engine code. The car is difficult to start at all times but runs fine once started i have to crank for a good full 6 seconds before it kicks up,code read comes back with camshaft senor implausable signal,this code will erase when engine is not running but returns when engine is started. i have checked and then replaced the sensor but still the same,timing seems correct and the pick-up point on the pulley are fine,wiring checked and all is seems fine there.what the hell could be wrong.

any thoughts ????
search and clean the starter motor