PDA

View Full Version : ex1000sl

EVERS666
29th August, 2010, 10:12 PM
can any1 post a link, so i can download the original FTA firmware for a ex1000sl.
a factory re-set still gives me all channels on epg, and i only want FTA channels.
or any advice will do?

kayceelass
30th August, 2010, 12:19 AM
I have just tried to use the firmware fix on a brand new Eurovox Ex1000sl to no avail... i have used this fix twice before on other boxes and all was well. this time however the (----) is missing from the front display when the box is on standby or on ON... does this mean the box itself is broken.. sorry to waffle on in your thread but i am trully stuck.

gauntlet
30th August, 2010, 12:25 AM
I have just tried to use the firmware fix on a brand new Eurovox Ex1000sl to no avail... i have used this fix twice before on other boxes and all was well. this time however the (----) is missing from the front display when the box is on standby or on ON... does this mean the box itself is broken.. sorry to waffle on in your thread but i am trully stuck.

Hello
What area do you live in as its probably been hit by nagra 3

kayceelass
30th August, 2010, 02:21 PM
I live in Blackpool North West... but 2 of my friends have the same box and theirs are both still working... the thing i am most bothered about is the box becomming obsolete, as some of the posts in the forum say the newer boxes will b better equipt to cope with new updates as and when they become available... i am just a novice at all this, trying to stumble around the threads available for help... sorry to be a pest, and thanks for any help/advice you can give. :)

gauntlet
31st August, 2010, 12:54 AM
I live in Blackpool North West... but 2 of my friends have the same box and theirs are both still working... the thing i am most bothered about is the box becomming obsolete, as some of the posts in the forum say the newer boxes will b better equipt to cope with new updates as and when they become available... i am just a novice at all this, trying to stumble around the threads available for help... sorry to be a pest, and thanks for any help/advice you can give. :)

Hello
All non subscribed cable boxes will be obsolete when nagra 3 hits your area.There's not going to be any firmware updates.There's No fix for nagra 3.once you receive your new card you will have 2 weeks or so left.Have a read up on nagra 3.

EVERS666
1st September, 2010, 09:46 AM
I'll ask my question again cause i think peoplz are going off me subject?
Is there any firmware i can use to re-set the box to the original FTA settings, as a factory re-set does nothing. Why i am asking this is because even though the box is useless now with nag3, it should still pick up free to air channels, mine doesn't i can't get film4, E4 etc.

dasteph
1st September, 2010, 10:40 AM
I'll ask my question again cause i think peoplz are going off me subject?
Is there any firmware i can use to re-set the box to the original FTA settings, as a factory re-set does nothing. Why i am asking this is because even though the box is useless now with nag3, it should still pick up free to air channels, mine doesn't i can't get film4, E4 etc.

if you had the original firmware on the box it would still only get the channels 1-5 as you should now, as its a cable box whatever is transmitted free on the cable is all you will get.