PDA

View Full Version : Firefox in Ubuntu 10.4 wont remember anything

Sirus
29th August, 2010, 11:23 PM
Does anyone know why my Firefox wont remember anything... bookmark icons always disappear when I restart firefox, until I revisit sites to get them back. Also youtube volume is always at max instead of where it was in previous video... never done this in Windows or ubuntu 8

I always use the same settings in Firefox, - never remember browsing history, passwords etc.. never had a problem on Windows with these settings

Anyone know how to stop it deleting bookmark icons and stop resetting the volume bar to max every youtube video I click on

Cheers

Furax
1st September, 2010, 06:42 PM
Is the profile directory read only or something? Maybe try starting firefox from the command line and see if it spits out any errors whist running

Mjolinor
1st September, 2010, 06:58 PM
Do you have private browsing enabled? ctrl shift P

put about:config in the address bar and type "private" in the filter, see if it is enabled by default.

Sirus
1st September, 2010, 08:17 PM
@Furax - I'll read up on that... dont have a clue about commandline lol

@Mjolinor - I did that and i says this on the top line " browser.privatebrowsing.autostart;true" ... doess that mean it's on?

Mjolinor
1st September, 2010, 08:20 PM
Yup

double click it, it will change to false then all will be good.

Mjolinor
1st September, 2010, 08:21 PM
browser.privatebrowsing.autostart;false

thats what you want :)

Sirus
1st September, 2010, 08:50 PM
I double-clicked it and it went to false, but then when I restarted firefox my bookmark icons were all gone.. and I had to log back in here

Mjolinor
1st September, 2010, 08:54 PM
If it was true ever since you installed it then you have no bookmarks. It will remember them from now on though.

Sirus
1st September, 2010, 08:58 PM
Wow, you're right.. I just restarted firefox and still have the few icons of the sites I visited before restarting.. and was still logged in on here too

Thanks bud ;)